Invisible Mode Option Intermittent for "Registered Supplier - Offline"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Ever since I became a Registered Supplier - Offline, I have had issues whereby the Invisible Mode options on the Settings - General Settings page disappears completely, (Vcard download settings becomes the first setting on the top of General Settings page). When the Invisible Mode setting disappears, I am automatically thrown back into visible mode.

This seems to happen at random times. Not every time I log in, and it doesn't matter which computer I log in from either.

The only way I can get the option back is to clear all browser data for ALL sites (cookies, cache.... everything but the saved passwords). Then, when I log in again, the option is back and I can set it. I tried deleting the individual cookies for ECF, and that doesn't seem to work.

I have tested and verified the problem in the latest FireFox, and Chrome. IE and Opera not tested.

I have a feeling that this is a bug specifically with the "Registered Supplier - Offline" class of user.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Another clue or pattern in solving this riddle.....

When I close the browser AFTER having logged in WITH the Remember Me box checked, the next time I log in the Invisible Mode has disappeared (and I am visible). If I leave the Remember Me box unchecked it doesn't appear to be a problem. This part was tested in Chrome so far. Haven't checked it in Firefox yet.

ETA: I take that back. It is inconsistent. Semi random pattern of conditions causing this. :( I guess what I will have to do is use Chrome for ECF, and Firefox for everything else until this is solved. Resetting all of those cached settings really makes using all of my other sites a chore. :(

Last edited:

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I have no clue if this will help with your problem or not but when I was a Supplier Associate I was not able to use the invisible mode and was told it was because I was a Supplier Associate.

Thanks Salem! :)

Yes, I ran across your thread, and that answer from the mod, which was rather general in nature. It made me rather angry, as I could find no where in the fine print that it was a privilege that would be lost. So, I asked further about it, and found out it is a rare bug of sorts. Very few have reported it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread