IPV 3 Li VR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
So, I wanted to try Temp Control and I am glad I did.
I thought about waiting for the DNA 200's to start dropping, and decided that was not a good idea.
Your/My first TC Mod should not be $200+ on it's own.
Need to know what it is really all about before spending that much.
Almost everything you know about coils and mods is completely different.
Stop thinking Kanthal and Nichrome. Those lessons don't work here.

So, I decided to go with something cheaper. I looked at Sigelei, XCube 2, Snow Wolf, but there are issues that I was worried about, or did not like.

1. Sigelei 150W TC - No memory settings, adjustments take forever to change or can.
no ability to Upgrade.

2. XCube 2 - Nice menu features, lots of Memory settings (16), Bluetooth control (meh, whatever)
Funky lights (meh, battery drain, flashy crap), Upgradeable and supports Stainless Steel (can brick easily during updates). It's big. Potential issue with how the fire Bar is and located. putting in your pocket with it on, could potentially fire it.

3. Snow Wolf - There are some good and bad things with the first round of Snow Wolf that I have seen and read. It gets some mixed reviews and issues. The next version is supposed to fix them I guess and the screen looks cool. But I did not want to wait for it. Not sure of the Cons.

4. IPV 3 Li VR - Nice case over all. Sharp edges, but not horrible. If you have small hands, might be an issue.
Touch Sensor on top (just leave it off, it's neat, but if you touch it by accident you are going to start firing it and may not realize it. interesting Feature, bad idea imo.) They could have left that off and possibly designed a better case. Is Upgradable. Not sure how often that will happen, but it was 165W and now it is 200W.
Needs an update to make Joules have proper memory settings.
There are 5, but they are preset and can't be changed (10, 20, 30, 40, 50).
You can change the Joules, just can't set a memory for it.

It seems or appears that the Sigelie and the IPV 3 Li VR are using the same chips. Menus are exactly the same. But the Sigelei is not upgradeable, the IPV 3 Li VR is. Not sure why.

The IVP 3 Li VR does not detect Coil changes, so be careful. Maybe a new update will come along and fix that? not sure.

Over all, I went with the IPV 3 Li VR due to the menu system is easy to navigate, the memory's are easy to scroll through and change, and the Power side, the memory can be set.

Once you get it dialed in, it works very well on TC with Nickle, and it also has a Titanium setting.
I am waiting for Ti Wire right now.

I also picked up, 2 Velocity's. Nice RDA's. Air flow can be dialed in almost so precisely it's not even funny.
2 Post 4 hole design with Allen wrench Hex screws. Nice design that should hold almost any coil you build.
The screw holes on it are divetted (if that is a word). They cave in and fit the end of the screw pretty perfectly, should not cut into or break wires as easily as other RDA's screws do. I like the MutationX v3 I have, but these Velocity's are better.
The Tobecco Velocity Clone's Post Holes do look smaller than the Authentic.
I have the Clones, I can't afford an Authentic. Would love to. But, way too much.

This whole setup for me is working very very well.
There is almost no Ramp up time.
Built an 8 wrap Nickle 28Ga 3mm ID that comes out to .11ohm
The Coil is spaced on a M4-.70 x 30 Machine Screw
Using Koh Gen Do cotton
vaping at 40J at 390F (2.68v , don't let that throw you, the Volts don't really matter that much, they will fluctuate based on the Temp you have set, to hold that temp.)
You can still burn cotton, so be careful. Cotton will singe at around 420F I think. or I have been told.
Keep your cotton wet in a dripper. Even though you can set it to dry out cotton completely and not burn,
you will still get some funky tastes and harsh pulls.

Whatever you do, Just be careful and vape safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread