IPV D2 not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I have an ipv D2 that is barely used, bought it brand new last Nov. Today I popped on one of my RDAs to re-wick and it won't turn on. Swapped the battery, was low, put in a fresh one and nothing. No logo when the battery is inserted or anything. The battery and the contacts are all clean, battery is freshly charged and virtually new so I have no idea what's going on.

Anyone have any advice? I have had some leaking onto the mid, but I always have the silicone cover on it and wipe any spills the moment they happen. I've tried turning it on without the dripper too and still nothing.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
I guess I'll give it a wipe, but the mod has only been used a handful of times because I mostly vape at or above 70w, so it all looks brand new. All the batteries that I use on it are only used with the device on the rare occasion that I use it, so they are also clean. Either way, it's the only thing I haven't done yet so I might as well give it a shot, thanks for the tip. Never know if there's still residue on it that I can't notice.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I guess I'll give it a wipe, but the mod has only been used a handful of times because I mostly vape at or above 70w, so it all looks brand new. All the batteries that I use on it are only used with the device on the rare occasion that I use it, so they are also clean. Either way, it's the only thing I haven't done yet so I might as well give it a shot, thanks for the tip. Never know if there's still residue on it that I can't notice.

Coatings often come from Lack of use. Just sitting around collecting VG and airborne contaminants.

Watch for IPV to light up as you insert a Battery - then it is reading enough Voltage.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it did anything. I gave it a good scrub, got some residue off a couple of the batteries but nothing happens when I insert the any of the batteries or click the power button 5 times. If it died, not sure what happened considering it had been working before no problem. I had used it the night before as I was tweaking the build on my Aromamizer rdta. After I was done, the battery was low and ready to be changed, but I just turned it off and left it for today. I go to use it to re-wick a dripper and it doesn't turn on. There was only the slightest condensation around the 510 threading, nothing else I could see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread