Is my dosage calculation right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurijan

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
WARNING THIS CALCULATION IS NOT CONFIRMED YET!!

Hi all this is my first post here and i would like to know if a calculation i made on how many drops equal 1 real cig is correct..

DONT BLAME ME IF YOU VAPED TOO MUCH BECAUSE YOU TOOK USE OF MY UNCONFIRMED CALCULATION!!

I cant use links to other sides yet so i write what to google to find the sites i used for info

Some data used:

1) The nicotine aborbed by the body is approx 1mg per real cig
Google: wiki nicotine.. first result

2) The nicotine inhaled by smoking one real cig is approx 12mg
Goole: wiki nicotine poisoning.. first result

3) I found out that a 30ml bottle contains approx 600 drops
1ml is approx 20 drops according to my test AND the hack-o-matic e-liquide calculator posted on ECS

Ok here we go:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As many know 36mg e-juice has 36mg nicotine in each mg of the bottle.. so in a 30ml bottle there is a grand total 1080mg nic (30x36)

So if my 30ml bottle has 1080mg nic and 600 drops thats 1,8mg/drop

If a cig has 12mg nic in total that is inhaled that equals approx 6 drops of 36mg juice??? Thats quite much.. that would mean i could use 6 drops every half hour to match my nic intake i was used to when i smoked real cigs :confused:

PLEASE DONT OVERDOSE!!

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
There has been some testing done that seems to indicate that the amount of nicotine delivered is less in vapor than smoke. I recall reading part of the study said that much of the nicotine absorption from vapor is done in the upper respiratory system, where more nic is delivered deep in the lungs by cigarette smoke. I think it is pretty difficult to pin down vapor numbers, but easier to calculate absorption amounts of burning tobacco.

Here are a few resources for you to munch on...

http://www.healthnz.co.nz/RuyanCartridgeReport30-Oct-08.pdf

Electronic cigarettes: A safe substitute? - health - 11 February 2009 - New Scientist

http://www.healthnz.co.nz/Portland2008ECIG.pdf

http://www.healthnz.co.nz/ecig_effect-2.pdf

Om de elektroniske cigaretter

Laurijan

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
WFT in wiki about nicotine poisoning there is 12mg nicotine in a cig which is inhaled by smoking a cigarette

Qoute:
Sixty milligrams of nicotine has the potential to kill an adult,[1] which is the amount of nicotine in about five cigarettes or half a cigar, if all of the nicotine were absorbed.

and in wiki about nicotine its only 0.1-2.8
Quote: Most cigarettes (in the smoke inhaled) contain 0.1 to 2.8 milligrams of nicotine

Laurijan

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
WFT in wiki about nicotine poisoning there is 12mg nicotine in a cig which is inhaled by smoking a cigarette

Qoute:
Sixty milligrams of nicotine has the potential to kill an adult,[1] which is the amount of nicotine in about five cigarettes or half a cigar, if all of the nicotine were absorbed.

and in wiki about nicotine its only 0.1-2.8
Quote: Most cigarettes (in the smoke inhaled) contain 0.1 to 2.8 milligrams of nicotine

I have to asume that the wiki about nicotine poisoning with its 12mg per cig means that if a cig was for example swallowed it would release 12mg nic but when smoked most of the nic would go up in smoke and only about 0.1 to 2.8mg would be inhaled like the wiki about nicotine says..

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I have to asume that the wiki about nicotine poisoning with its 12mg per cig means that if a cig was for example swallowed it would release 12mg nic but when smoked most of the nic would go up in smoke and only about 0.1 to 2.8mg would be inhaled like the wiki about nicotine says..

The initial reference was to 60mg of 100% pure nicotine can kill you. Smoking or eating a cigarette likely would not release anywhere as much nicotine as 12 mg. Burning and digestive tract acids would destroy some of the chemical.

je_jooster

May 27, 2009
New Jersey
Laurijan:
This web site gives the test results for nicotine by brand, size, etc.
www dot erowid dot org/plants/tobacco/tobacco_nic dot shtml
I used Pall Mall for these calculations since it sounded like you made your own.
without a filter:
1 Pall Mall NO FILTER delivers 1.7mg nic x 30 cigs=51mg nic/day, most people go through about 2 ml. of juice/day, so divide 51mg nic/2 ml juice= 25.5 nic strength juice to deliver approx. same amount to start.
1 Pall Mall with filter delivers 1.2mg nic x 30cigs= 36mg/day divided by 2 ml juice/day=18mg nic strength to start.

I used to smoke about 30-40 M-Boro lts/day, tried starting with 18mg, but went up to
24mg and am comfortable there without any analogs. Now I will slowly start to cut the nic down bit by bit.

Laurijan

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Laurijan:
This web site gives the test results for nicotine by brand, size, etc.
www dot erowid dot org/plants/tobacco/tobacco_nic dot shtml
I used Pall Mall for these calculations since it sounded like you made your own.
without a filter:
1 Pall Mall NO FILTER delivers 1.7mg nic x 30 cigs=51mg nic/day, most people go through about 2 ml. of juice/day, so divide 51mg nic/2 ml juice= 25.5 nic strength juice to deliver approx. same amount to start.
1 Pall Mall with filter delivers 1.2mg nic x 30cigs= 36mg/day divided by 2 ml juice/day=18mg nic strength to start.

I used to smoke about 30-40 M-Boro lts/day, tried starting with 18mg, but went up to
24mg and am comfortable there without any analogs. Now I will slowly start to cut the nic down bit by bit.

Thx for this simple calculation.. i would think it is 1.2mg / cig i got before.. 30 cigs a day = 36mg

I have 36mg juice so it safe to use 1ml of it a day which is approx 20 drops right?

I would cut it down though with 1ml of glycerine

Laurijan

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Thx for this simple calculation.. i would think it is 1.2mg / cig i got before.. 30 cigs a day = 36mg

I have 36mg juice so it safe to use 1ml of it a day which is approx 20 drops right?

I would cut it down though with 1ml of glycerine

I bought a 1ml syringe and now i mix 1ml 36mg juice and 1ml glycerine as my daily doses which i tested is approx 60 drop (1ml = 30 drops with my dropper).. Now i know for sure which doses is safe for me THX!

Laurijan

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
warning this calculation is not confirmed yet!!

Hi all this is my first post here and i would like to know if a calculation i made on how many drops equal 1 real cig is correct..

Dont blame me if you vaped too much because you took use of my unconfirmed calculation!!

I cant use links to other sides yet so i write what to google to find the sites i used for info

some data used:

1) the nicotine aborbed by the body is approx 1mg per real cig
google: Wiki nicotine.. First result

2) the nicotine inhaled by smoking one real cig is approx 12mg
goole: Wiki nicotine poisoning.. First result

3) i found out that a 30ml bottle contains approx 600 drops
1ml is approx 20 drops according to my test and the hack-o-matic e-liquide calculator posted on ecs

ok here we go:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
as many know 36mg e-juice has 36mg nicotine in each mg of the bottle.. So in a 30ml bottle there is a grand total 1080mg nic (30x36)

so if my 30ml bottle has 1080mg nic and 600 drops thats 1,8mg/drop

if a cig has 12mg nic in total that is inhaled that equals approx 6 drops of 36mg juice??? Thats quite much.. That would mean i could use 6 drops every half hour to match my nic intake i was used to when i smoked real cigs :confused:

Please dont overdose!!

please throw this calcultion into the trashbin!! You would just overdose deadly with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread