Status
Not open for further replies.

marsos52

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
new jersey
Hi fellow Reos Vapers,

As many already know, I run 3 Grands with Cyclone atties.

I have always used the thicker Oring around the 510 to the addy.

Not sure why but today I removed the Orings and I getting much thicker clouds to my vape then ever.

Honestly, I can't see how this could be..

So, my question to anyone else using Cyclones with there Reo mods is.....have you tried this and have you noticed any
plus effects to your vape?

the one con here is the base of the atty is off center of the mod when fully tightened, but It still doable.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Wait, I'm confused. If the O-ring is removed it would lower the atty wouldn't it? Does the "maybe it's making a better connection" thought hold water? Isn't a connection a connection between the two devices? What I mean is, once a connection is established it is what it is, making that connection tighter wouldn't affect that would it?

Just trying to understand, I'll try it with my Cyclone and see if it makes a difference on my end too.

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
Yes it would but without an o-ring it would break the seal the o-ring provides and let more air in ......

This actually makes a whole lotta sense. I forgot that the 510 connection is slotted (for bottom air flow with a carto). M what is your air hole drilled out to on your cyclone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
That makes sense too and in line with what I was assuming the answer was unless somehone air is able to feel into the 510 connection which the juice goes through. It's possible, there is always juice in the 510 connectin when I unscrew the RDA so it isn't a perfect seal.

Could also be expectations, pilot error, mismanagement of squonkification, end of long day delusions. Too many variables.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Run the O-ring under the atty, if needed, go bigger/smaller on the o-ring's thickness, make sure you've got good connection... and done. IMO, always run the o-ring, helps with the juice flow, prevents messes and allows you to adjust the air hole on the top cap to your liking.

I'm sure others with more experience will pop in and countermand my suggestion, but it's a start.

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
Don't we use the o-ring to prevent leaking/flooding the catch cup? My understanding was that the o-ring was only used to stop liquid from entering the catch cup.

The o-ring is more helpful in aligning the air hole to where you want it pointed to when you vape. None of my atties would leak into the catch cup without an o-ring.

@ChrisEU, it's possible to blow through the atty with the cap's air hole closed up. The air simply exits the feed hole. That's how I flush old e-juice out of my atties when I clean them. I would guess that letting air into the feed hole will also be possible. It'll depend on how small the cap's air hole is and how hard he draws I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread