Is Vapor Tek USA having problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanceb1b

May 23, 2013
Texas
Hi,
I did a pre-order with vaportekusa.com on 19 Jul, got my package 3 Aug and was missing an item (sigelei #19 Copper with Nzonic Cap). E-mailed them, same day 3 Aug, and told them, it was listed on the packing list and was not in the box. Got a reply 5 Aug saying they ran out of stock and will ship it when it comes in. Week later or so 13 Aug, item comes back into stock, I email again and I asked if I will receive a tracking number when it ships. since then nothing. Is Vapor Tek USA having server-mail issues? Anyone have a phone number for them? I really want the sigelei #19 Copper with Nzonic Cap, I know sometimes emergencies happen and that's why I am posting here and not the Negative Supplier Thread.

V/r
Lance

Last edited:

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
It does seem like they are kinda having some issues with the pre-orders. On their facebook, it seems like they keep getting inundated with tons and tons of emails regarding when preorders will ship.

I would say be patient. I have found them to be a quality vendor, with great customer service. It may take them a minute, but they will definitely do right by you. You may want to send them an email again asking them what the deal is.

Within the last week, I accidentally ordered 3 of something back in July and not noticed it until now. They let me cancel 2 of my orders. It did take them 1-2 days to get back to me.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Lanceb1b said:
John the owner of Vapor Tek USA, sent me an e-mail and I now have a tracking number. Guess they have been busy.
"They" huh? Do you really think there is a "they"... or do you think there might just be... John? ;-)

Just some general information about the majority vaping product vendors. Even the fanciest of websites with what seem to be huge inventories are run by one guy with 0-2 employees. If they get "big"... they also very easily get "bogged".

Imagine one guy staying on top of 200 e-mails and 200 orders per day... including weekends - keeping up with the blogs and forums, and feeding the dog once a week (hey... anyone seen the dog? :blink: ).

That's on top of unpacking incoming products, packing orders, sweeping the floors, making coffee (lots of coffee) and trying to catch 5 hrs of sleep every few days. If they're lucky, they're making enough money to hire a relative, they can trust not to rob them blind, to do those chores.

Not taking shots at you Lance... just using your issue as an opportunity to share my, all too intimate, knowledge of "how things work".

Ah... the wonderful world of a small businessman.

polingpower

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
Naples fl
"They" huh? Do you really think there is a "they"... or do you think there might just be... John? ;-)

Just some general information about the majority vaping product vendors. Even the fanciest of websites with what seem to be huge inventories are run by one guy with 0-2 employees. If they get "big"... they also very easily get "bogged".

Imagine one guy staying on top of 200 e-mails and 200 orders per day... including weekends - keeping up with the blogs and forums, and feeding the dog once a week (hey... anyone seen the dog? :blink: ).

That's on top of unpacking incoming products, packing orders, sweeping the floors, making coffee (lots of coffee) and trying to catch 5 hrs of sleep every few days. If they're lucky, they're making enough money to hire a relative, they can trust not to rob them blind, to do those chores.

Not taking shots at you Lance... just using your issue as an opportunity to share my, all too intimate, knowledge of "how things work".

I'M ONE THOSE GUYS.. I'll clean shop on Friday ..maybe

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I'M ONE THOSE GUYS.. I'll clean shop on Friday ..maybe
There ya' go... one of these days, write a little "day in the life" and post it in the general forum. I would, but all my businesses were unrelated to vaping, so of little interest to anyone else.

Being a bit of an OCD'ist, I'd clean every evening. Also being a bit of an insomniac, this wasn't much an issue - until I'd fall over from exhaustion.

I (almost) make the perfect SBO. ;-)

JaceLi23

Mar 26, 2013
A, A
Hi,
I did a pre-order with vaportekusa.com on 19 Jul, got my package 3 Aug and was missing an item (Sigelei #19 Copper with Nzonic Cap). E-mailed them, same day 3 Aug, and told them, it was listed on the packing list and was not in the box. Got a reply 5 Aug saying they ran out of stock and will ship it when it comes in. Week later or so 13 Aug, item comes back into stock, I email again and I asked if I will receive a tracking number when it ships. since then nothing. Is Vapor Tek USA having server-mail issues? Anyone have a phone number for them? I really want the Sigelei #19 Copper with Nzonic Cap, I know sometimes emergencies happen and that's why I am posting here and not the Negative Supplier Thread.

V/r
Lance

I ordered on JUL 19th, Sigelei #19 Copper with Nzonic Cap. Still havent received it. And it has been charged to my credit card.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I ordered on JUL 19th, Sigelei #19 Copper with Nzonic Cap. Still havent received it. And it has been charged to my credit card.
Interesting... both that you found this thread, and there are still issues. I ordered a "Sigelei #19 Copper with Nzonic Cap "No Magnet and No Glue" (probably the same thing you got... hard to pass up on with the discount, ain't it? ;)) yesterday evening, and I got a USPS tracking number today. It's not valid yet, but I'll let you know how it goes.

You can always call John and ask him about your order... he's a good guy.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

200 orders per day. Ok, thats a lot of work. Isn't there some profit in there? What's the average profit per order. My guess is over that much volume it adds up to a lot more than any of the customers make. I'm not feeling too sad for the small businessman who's doing 200 orders a day. As the Chinese say, that's a happy problem.

Take care of your customers and the orders keep coming. Don't and they won't.

potmilkz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southern California
i ordered a sigelei #20v2.. came with defective button, told them to send me a replacement and a return slip but they send to send it back under my expense and they will refund me.. i asked them several times why i had to pay for the return when it came defective.. they didnt respond to any of my request for that question.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...

sorry, I know this is going to sound harsh but I just don't buy it. the business website doesn't have a home page with a disclaimer saying " I 'm just one person. please overlook anything that happens because it is just me and I have gotten so busy I really can't handle everything by myself." no, it has a website representing itself as a business and all that entails. i'm all for the small businessman, but when things grow to the point you're overwhelmed get the staff to handle it. I have no idea in florida that you are running a shop of any kind out of your parents extra garage(or wherever). and as a customer I don't care. it's easy to put up a website- the trick is actually running a business. if you can't, get out of it(you will eventually anyway) there are plenty of small businesses that do it right. I think in a young industry such as vaping there are too many that dabble in it until they either grow(that's good) or mess it up. it that case, the real losers are the unsuspecting customers who thought they were dealing with professionals.
it's one thing if it were a local B&M run by someone I know and can talk to. a website has no window, it's just open for business. again sorry if I offended anyone, but a business shouldn't be an expanded hobby and it should be run correctly......

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
sorry, I know this is going to sound harsh but I just don't buy it. the business website doesn't have a home page with a disclaimer saying " I 'm just one person. please overlook anything that happens because it is just me and I have gotten so busy I really can't handle everything by myself." no, it has a website representing itself as a business and all that entails. i'm all for the small businessman, but when things grow to the point you're overwhelmed get the staff to handle it. I have no idea in florida that you are running a shop of any kind out of your parents extra garage(or wherever). and as a customer I don't care. it's easy to put up a website- the trick is actually running a business. if you can't, get out of it(you will eventually anyway) there are plenty of small businesses that do it right. I think in a young industry such as vaping there are too many that dabble in it until they either grow(that's good) or mess it up. it that case, the real losers are the unsuspecting customers who thought they were dealing with professionals.
it's one thing if it were a local B&M run by someone I know and can talk to. a website has no window, it's just open for business. again sorry if I offended anyone, but a business shouldn't be an expanded hobby and it should be run correctly......

So you know people who will work for free, or temp help that's affordable? Sometimes business go through growing pains. You can't have one busy month and expand your business based on that. You have to work through it with what you have. If it continues then you start expanding and hiring on more people.

Try being understanding.

Everybody wants everything right now and at the lowest price possible. Do spoiled by te wally world and big box stores that strangle this country and mostly make their employees pay for all your discounts. It takes somebodies time and effort to make a smooth running happen and when businesses are new like most vape shops you are going to have to learn to deal with some mistakes from hard working people who are just trying their best. You get all cocky and demanding you are going to miss out on some great deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread