J-Tank + Boge 2.0 Cartos and Dryness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotfactory

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
San Jose, CA
I received my Jtank yesterday and have been putting it through the paces since. No leaking, awesome. I do however have a question. I notice that withing 5-10 puffs the top of the carto is bone dry. I have to do about 5-10 "dry" pulls to get the juice to feed all the way back up to the top of the carto. It then tastes better, but will go back to dry on top pretty quickly. The dry pulls give me a headache after a while, and I really dont want to have to do that on a regular basis.

I am using a pre-punched carto that I bought with the Jtank so I assume the holes are big enough (there are two). I am using Bounty Hunter (35% VG) so I dont think the juice is too thick.

Just curious with these carto tanks, is it normal for the top of the carto to remain dry like this? Seems wierd to me, but this is my first tank so I have no clue.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Tednacious

Mar 30, 2011
SoCal
I punch only one hole in the Boges with 50/50 PG/VG juice and they are working perfectly. I do put about 10 drops into the top of a new carto before vaping and then do several pulls through the drip tip to get the juice going in through the hole. I use a small nail (the kind you use to hang a small painting) and move it around the hole to make it a little bigger. It sounds like the hole(s) in your carto aren't big enough to get enough juice inside the carto, try widening them.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Did you get the white sheet with your tank?
    001-7.jpg

Rob said that the carto should not look slushy at the top. Also that one or two dry pulls is not a bad thing, but to be careful you don't flood it.

Now back to this new 510 and some serious dripping.

Last edited:

sfkid

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2011
    San Francisco
    Just curious with these carto tanks, is it normal for the top of the carto to remain dry like this? Seems wierd to me, but this is my first tank so I have no clue.

Any input would be much appreciated.

The top of carto is SUPPOSED to be dry.

The coil is at the bottom and so is punched whole and that's where the juice feeds not through the top.

sfkid

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2011
    San Francisco
    if it is suppose to be dry on top great. however, i thought being vertical coil cartos, the coil was near the middle, no?

Depends which carto you have. When this one dies on you just break it open and see but I would not worry about it.

If it vapes good then all is fine.

I have been vaping on the liquinator for over 2 months now and all my cartos tops are always dry.

As you inhale the juice moves to the coil and evaporates. If the carto gets too wet it will leak out through the bottom.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2009
    PA, USA
    i didnt get that sheet with the tank, however, i have read that on their website and watched various videos on the subject. i actually punched holes in a volt carto and tried that this morning and it seems to be wicking MUCH better. we shall see.

Tell me how to punch a hole in a volt carto. (Where to punch it and with what)
    Thanks ~ Princess

Robotfactory

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Tell me how to punch a hole in a volt carto. (Where to punch it and with what)
    Thanks ~ Princess

i just removed the black sticker, cleaned off the glue, put the bottom tank cap on the carto, marked the carto with a sharpie just above where the cap ends, and then used a nail to punch two holes on the carto. same as i have been doing it on the boge cartos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread