Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Higher power in an atty makes more vapor per drag. I don't know if it's a linear relationship, but I suspect it's in the ballpark if you design your setups properly for both power levels.

I vaped at around 8 watts when I first started vaping and I'm typically at around 40 watts now. I used to vape around 4 ml a day and I think if I still vaped the same number of drags a day, 4 (ml)*5 (times the power)=20 ml a day is probably about right. I actually average around 6 ml a day now, though if I vape a lot for some reason one day I have gone through 15 ml.

I'll leave nic consumption alone because I eliminated that with the low power gear.

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
When I vaped a vivi nova, and then a protank, I sucked down just under 5 ml per day. When I finally got a -good- cartotank (IBTanked) and -good- cartos (ikenvape LR) and put them together, I loved it so much, I frequently sucked down 6 ml a day.

Then I went to a kayfun lite clone. That pushed me into the 10 ish ml/day area on 1.2 down to 1.0 ohm builds.

Then I went to an Igo W5, which I drilled a second air hole, and enlarged the first, built a 0.6 ohm dual coil, and consumption shot into the 15-20 ml/day range.

Then I got my Tobh clone, and my marquis clone to put on separate devices. Runnin ghese two at 0.45 - 0.5 ohm dual coils, I'm consistently over 20ml/day.

With each increase in power, I was able to decrease nic concentration. I'm now mixing juice to 1mg/ml and getting less nic over the day than I did when I vaped 5 ml/day at 24mg.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Of course your consumption will go up. I vape about 10ml a day if I am sub-ohming (even modest sub ohming). If I am vaping a regular 1.4ohm in a Kayfun, I will go through half that (maybe less).

But I am a pretty addictive personality and I used to chain smoke cigarettes. Now I chain vape most of the day. Lesser of two evils I suppose.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
used to vape 24mg. I didn't really keep track of how much juice I vaped back then but I know its more now. I go through around 6-10ml a day but have cut it down to 8-12mg for my RDA's. All I know is that it got expensive for me because I wanted to try juices and ordering several 30ml bottles a week of pre-made juices that I never finished due to not liking the flavor was just too much. Turned to DIY ejuice once I moved on to RDA's because I can make small batches of 3-5ml to try out before i commit into 30ml's+ of juice.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Has your Juice Consumption increased much if your uesing a sub ohm tank RTA, RDA with high wattage device.
I bet Juice Vendors are loving this trend.
Please share you observations if you've noticed you are using more juice. Or less juice but I doubt that Also throw in how much you've cut your nic and how much.

From cartridges - 6 drops - 5 cartridges a day
to
RTA Tanks - 15-20ml - non-work day

Nic per Ml from 18mg to 3mg with occasional 1mg

Dealer sales - Reduced to -0- :D

All e-liquids DIY

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I build 1.5 coils and its a little more than my Nautilus, but not a terrible amount. I smoke about 3ml a day. I smoke 3 tanks of 3 different juices so that lasts me over a month. It's not bad really 40 bucks a month.

I'm kinda jealous.
I think my tank eats that much every time I press the button my dual wick is like 4 pulls and refill lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread