My Daily Juice Consumption is Becoming Outrageous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
So....been vaping for 6 years.

For the last couple years I was using a Reo with an RBA at .5 ohms and was going through about 12-15ml a day. A friend of mine let me try his sub ohm tank a few weeks ago and I was hooked! The flavor was better than my Reo/RBA setup and the vapor was OMG. :)

Anyways, I've since bought a couple of sub ohm tanks with an IPV2 Mini, then graduated to a Goliath RTA with an SX Mini M Class. Using the Goliath with a .44 ohm dual coil at 30 watts on the SXM and I'm going through anywhere from 25-35ml a day! This just seem excessive.... :shock:

Can anyone recommend an RTA that would use less juice but still give me a lot of airflow and flavor? I'm not all about the vapor, although I do enjoy it.

I'm guessing that if you want lots of airflow (I'm a direct lung inhale kinda guy) and a warm, full vape you pretty much have to vape at higher wattages/lower ohms and therefore use excessive amounts of juice...just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and has successfully cut down their juice consumption.

FYI, I DIY my juice so cost is not really an issue...I'm a bit concerned that using this much juice every day just can't be good for you.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Using the Goliath with a .44 ohm dual coil at 30 watts on the SXM and I'm going through anywhere from 25-35ml a day! This just seem excessive.... :shock:

I built my first sub ohm coil the other day and threw it out to build a 1.0 ohm because of the heavy dent I put on my juice and battery life.

Reactions: jefsview

Das Auto

Ultra Member
    Verified Member
    Feb 6, 2015
    Pacific NW, USA
    I purposely lowered my nic down to 1.5 cause at 3 I thought I was going to overdose! LoL I vape about that much on a day off work and I don't think there's anything you are doing wrong, good sir! You make a good case for DIY, it costs me under $1.50 to make 30ml @ 1.5mg. Just sayin'...

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    So....been vaping for 6 years.

For the last couple years I was using a Reo with an RBA at .5 ohms and was going through about 12-15ml a day. A friend of mine let me try his sub ohm tank a few weeks ago and I was hooked! The flavor was better than my Reo/RBA setup and the vapor was OMG. :)

Anyways, I've since bought a couple of sub ohm tanks with an IPV2 Mini, then graduated to a Goliath RTA with an SX Mini M Class. Using the Goliath with a .44 ohm dual coil at 30 watts on the SXM and I'm going through anywhere from 25-35ml a day! This just seem excessive.... :shock:

Can anyone recommend an RTA that would use less juice but still give me a lot of airflow and flavor? I'm not all about the vapor, although I do enjoy it.

I'm guessing that if you want lots of airflow (I'm a direct lung inhale kinda guy) and a warm, full vape you pretty much have to vape at higher wattages/lower ohms and therefore use excessive amounts of juice...just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and has successfully cut down their juice consumption.

FYI, I DIY my juice so cost is not really an issue...I'm a bit concerned that using this much juice every day just can't be good for you.

IMO it's all about the watts you vape at and amount of hits you take per day. Yes, some devices seem to use a bit more juice at 30 watts than others, but with a given device I find that 15 watts will use around half of what 30 watts will use.

I vaped a Reo Grand with a Cyclone with dual coils at 0.35-0.30 ohms for about a year. My juice usage was around 6 ml a day, but if I vaped a lot one day I could go through 15 ml but that didn't happen often. I also switched to sub-ohm tanks lately and have been experimenting with different builds, juices and power levels. My juice consumption went up to around 20 ml a day for the first while because I was puffing away a lot at first. After almost a month the novelty has worn off again, I'm experimenting less and I'm back down to under 10 ml and headed back to around 6 I think. I average around 40 watts, but I can go up as high as 75 when the mood strikes me and I screw on the Mutation X. About 98% of the time I vape no-nic juice.

I would worry about vaping 30 ml a day for years. Average juice consumption is around 3 ml a day and I believe vape studies that have been done that say vaping is pretty safe compared to smoking have assumed those kind of juice intakes. Whatever nasties may be in our vape, there would be 10 times more of them at 30 ml a day.

It's easy to vape a lot and for me I've found that cutting back the number of drags I take is also fairly easy if I put my mind to it. I tell myself that a very satisfying vape does not need to be vaped as often. I know that if I have not vaped for an hour or eight hours, that next vape session is going to be really, really good. I tell myself I don't need to vape all the time because I'm not addicted to vaping like I was to smoking. I do that because that's me and that's how I prefer to do it. After doing that for a while I've found I really don't have to vape all the time and it really doesn't bother me.

I realize this will not work for everyone and that we will all find our own path, I just wanted to share what's worked for me. I think if I could not reduce the frequency of my vaping I would probably cut back on the power and change the devices I use, specially the higher power ones. There is some very good vaping to be had at say 20-30 watts in smaller air chambers with less wire area that will take less juice to run. Or maybe you could go back to the Reo part of the time and only pull out the big guns sometimes.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck with it :thumb:

somejerk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2012
    Utah
    I definitely use more juice since turning to sub-ohm. But it has less nicotine. And I chain vape.
    When I was using a sub-tank my juice was disappearing so fast I couldn't use it any longer! As far as I know, any sub tank is going to suck up all your juice.
    Essentially if you're worried about your juice usage and you don't wanna trash the tank, I'd up the nic a little and maybe add a little more PG.
    Good luck, let us know if you try anything that works out for you!

kr8mods

May 12, 2015
    When I started vaping over a year ago i was using maybe 2-3 ml a day. Now a year and a few months later im using a troll rda on a ipv mini 2 box mod w dual coils ohming out around .3 and i use anywhere from 10-20 mils a day. I to am a chain vaper and when i find a flavor I really like I will chain till the bottle is gone usually 30 mils. But here recently ive been experimenting with diy in hopes my cost goes way down.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    This is exactly why I am terrified of ever becoming a cloud chaser, because I keep reading these stories about people who sub ohm and they go through 25 liters of juice a week. Ok, the 25 liters was a slight exaggeration, but compared to what I currently use, which is about 2-3 ml a day, I have to admit that when I read about people using 30 ml a day, that sounds pretty insane to me.

I'm most terrified of the cost, because I've taken a liking to certain "premium" juices, and they're not expensive for me if I only vape 2-3 ml a day, but I would quickly have to mortgage the house (if I owned a house), in order to pay for my new vaping habit, if I began vaping on the hottest and newest, shiny toys out there. I know that some people DIY their juice, but I'm probably too lazy for that, and I'd just prefer not to.

Vaping is obviously a million times better and safer than smoking any analogs, but at what point does too much juice become too much? Is it 10 ml a day? 30 ml? 50 ml? 100 ml? I don't know, and I don't think that anybody else knows for sure either.

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
    Dec 2, 2014
    USA
    I think 30mL a day is a little excessive. I drip on a .2 dual coil at 80watts and I blow thunder clouds half the day with my dual .1 coil on 120 watts, and I only use around 10-12 a day, and I vape all day. 30mL, seems like you would not be breathing oxygen much inbetween vaping.

I'd say if you are consuming more than 15mL of juice a day, YOU NEED TO BUMP YOUR NIC UP.

The NIC level you're on, is obviously NOT working.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread