Juice with no dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudykitty

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2015
Aurora, CO, USA
What do you do about your juices that have no date information on the bottle?

I have a couple and I know that they have been in my possession for less than a year, but I have no idea when they were manufactured or if they are going to expire. They have nic in them, I'm not sure what happens to the nic over time. I have noticed a distinct flavor change in one of the juices. It's gone from caramel vanilla to straight up Dr Pepper like flavor.

Does juice ever go completely bad and need to be thrown out?

Thanks for the insights!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Yes, juice does go 'bad.' It mainly has more to do with the flavor than anything. A year is usually the limit for me. If the flavor has changed that much, throw it out. Nicotine oxidizes over time and gives off a peppery flavor and if there's enough nic in the juice it can completely take over. Point is, if you have a juice that you've let sit for almost a year and it isn't because someone said, 'Wait a year, that steep will make it amazing,' I would throw it away. If you find you don't like a juice, wait a month or two to let it steep and try it again. If you still don't like it, it won't change much from there and either use 'Pay it forward' or sell it in the classifieds.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I have a weird system, I buy juice at least a couple of months in
advance. I use a marker and put a number corresponding to the
month I received them on the bottle. Then I use up all of one
month before going on to the next month. For example I just
pulled out my last bottle of '2'. After that I'll go on to the bottles
labeled '3'. :thumb:

Edit: And I keep larger bottles of my good stuff on hand. About
once a month I pour them into smaller bottles and label them with
a number too.

Reactions: caroloto

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
I use a Sharpie to mark, somewhere on the bottle label, the date I get the shipping notice from the vendor. To me, that is close enough to the "born on" date from the vendors I use regularly to give me some idea how long the eliquid has been steeping. I try to use the "oldest" eliquid first, but sometimes I just feel like using something newer. It's all good, though. Between my daughter and me, eliquid does not tend to stick around longer than a couple of months at a time. The really hard part is putting an eliquid that I really like, but needs steep time for my taste, on the side for a few weeks. I try not to let the stash get that low, but sometimes things happen. Oh, well, when that happens, and I finally get to vape it, it tastes all the better for the pleasure having been deferred.

Reactions: caroloto

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
It depends on the size of the bottle. A 15ml bottle will last a day if the juice is good. 30ml will last 2 days. If I switch around between different flavors, I can make a particular flavor last longer. For juices that I like, I try to get 60+ ml bottles, sometimes 120ml if I can find it. But even this larger bottle isn't going last 2 weeks. If a juice sits around for long enough to actually expire, then it must be a pretty awful juice anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread