Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
and scented too!

This mostly pertains to those using the Condom Method because there is no way to avoid residual juice in the Wick/Air Tube. But it can happen from time to time with the Drip Method. However if it does happen with the Drip Method it's either from over-filling as Davo noted or it because the Wick Tube is compromised (burnt carto).

In the case of burnt Carto when you do blow it out, you remove any residual juice in the Wick/Air Tube along with any Juice in the polyfill above the hole in the Wick Tube which 9/10th of the time are located at about the middle of the Carto.

Last edited:

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
But it's such a great conditioner for my parquet flooring? What I waste on juice I save on pledge.:)

I fill on my kitchen island. Also cleans the counter top and leaves a nice sheen. Maybe we should bottle this stuff under a new name: Niclean? Nicshine? VapeNshine? VapeNclean?

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
I've come to accept that there's a juice wastage no matter what. You essentially throw close to a ml away when a carto finally stops working. Unless you want to work hard to get dirty juice out of a done carto.

With any other atty you waste just as much overfilling and wiping leakage. You gotta throw some away, just like a smoker who doesn't think it is worth smoking filter just to get at that last bit of tobacco.

But this is still good advice, why waste more than you have to? Its the same reason I hate juice wells that don't allow the atty to suck the juice back in...it's just needless waste.

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
My problem is with condoms! When I take the condom off the bottom of the carto it inevitably creates a suction and sucks juice out the bottom. Then I have to clean the threads and the condom. It is quite annoying and obviously wasteful. I'm probably overfilling though. I will try to do better in the future :(
And thanks Mr. Snow!! ROFL!!! I love your advice!

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
My problem is with condoms! When I take the condom off the bottom of the carto it inevitably creates a suction and sucks juice out the bottom. Then I have to clean the threads and the condom. It is quite annoying and obviously wasteful. I'm probably overfilling though. I will try to do better in the future :(
And thanks Mr. Snow!! ROFL!!! I love your advice!
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: nuttin worsererer then condom problems believe you me lil missy !! :smokie: yup

Rappel_Welch

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
South Carolina
Hmmm... just thinking, which is dangerous as hell. I think I might just start keeping an empty juice bottle around and using it as a sucker-upper and just see how much it will accumilate in time.

Cool. You can make Dead Drops and then vape them when the bottle's full. You gotta get a tye dye bottle though.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I've come to accept that there's a juice wastage no matter what. You essentially throw close to a ml away when a carto finally stops working. Unless you want to work hard to get dirty juice out of a done carto.

2 Reply With Quotes in a row.....what are the chances?

uzza I'm a little lost with the whole, "You essentially throw close to a ml away when a carto finally stops working." thing.

There are only a few scenarios where a person tosses a Carto to begin with.

Carto Tossing Scenarios:

1. Burnt Carto..if it's burnt then it is dry, if it's dry than it probably has .2 mls or less
2. Rinsed, Dried, Dead,..in this case if you were to reverse spin it out, you would retrieve at least .75 mls of clean juice.
3. Atomizer has degraded...again a reverse spin would retrieve anything over .25 mls of clean juice if the Carto isn't burnt.

Now, I have used the Drip Method and Syringe Method forever and rarely spilled a drop with Drip Method and have yet to spill a single drop with a syringe in over 100+ Cartos. As for overfilling...I completely agree. Most folks need to think of their Cartos like a glass of water. Who fills the glass all the way to the very rim, almost ensuring that it will spill the second the glass is moved.

Will there be a 3rd Reply With Quote today? :p

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
2 Reply With Quotes in a row.....what are the chances?

uzza I'm a little lost with the whole, "You essentially throw close to a ml away when a carto finally stops working." thing.

There are only a few scenarios where a person tosses a Carto to begin with.

Carto Tossing Scenarios:

1. Burnt Carto..if it's burnt then it is dry, if it's dry than it probably has .2 mls or less
2. Rinsed, Dried, Dead,..in this case if you were to reverse spin it out, you would retrieve at least .75 mls of clean juice.
3. Atomizer has degraded...again a reverse spin would retrieve anything over .25 mls of clean juice if the Carto isn't burnt.

Now, I have used the Drip Method and Syringe Method forever and rarely spilled a drop with Drip Method and have yet to spill a single drop with a syringe in over 100+ Cartos. As for overfilling...I completely agree. Most folks need to think of their Cartos like a glass of water. Who fills the glass all the way to the very rim, almost ensuring that it will spill the second the glass is moved.

Will there be a 3rd Reply With Quote today? :p

There shall be a 3rd! And with no emoticons to speak of! The 3rd(+) RWQ shall respond as follows!

I haven't vaped a carto dry in a long long time, and they most assuredly go bad. And when they do, I toss that still mostly full sucker right in the rubbish bin. Could I get the juice out? Yeah. Do I want that dirty business all mixed with aged vapor condensate mixed in, and probably condensate from my own breath, and certainly sum degree of ickified cotton soakings? Heck no.

I'll not put that juice in my nice new cartomizer any more than I'll wake up the morning after a party and run around drinking the all of the flat warm saliva diluted beer leavings. I've seen it done, I ain't doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread