Just A Friendly Reminder About the Aspire Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madcuzbad87

Oct 28, 2014
NJ
I've seen quite a few posts on it, where a few people didn't really do research on the Sub-Ohm tank before purchasing it. So I'm just going to put a few things here and then do a run down of how it works for me at different settings.

1.) The Atlantis is made to be used with devices that are 30+ Watts.

2.) It will not run off an ego style battery.

3.) It is in fact a great tank to get into cloud chasing with, if your too afraid or turned off by building your own coils.

I run the Atlantis on an IPV2S and it works amazing between 30-45watts. Lots of taste, lots of clouds. So here is a break down of wattage settings.

15watts- Gurgling and flooding. Lots of liquid in my mouth.

20watts- Still gurgling, some vapor, but no more then I would get with an aspire nautilus mini on an MVP 2.

25watts- Bit of liquid on the inhale, decent vapor, but still getting a bit of gurgle.

30watts- Vapor and flavor galore, still liquid in mouth.

35-40watts- Amazing! Tons of vapor, tons of flavor. No liquid, no gurgle, clouds that are very comparable to an RDA.

45watts- Where I usually leave it set to. Great cloud production and taste.

I also use an 80/20 VG/PG mix, and I cleaned out the tank after each test run to give me a "control." So really it comes down to you. If you want to buy it and put it on a low powered device, I wouldn't recommend it, but in the end it's your wallet. I just wanted to put some info out there for people. Good luck!

Madcuzbad87

Oct 28, 2014
NJ
I guess what I'm trying to say is what someone said the other day. If you're using it under 25watts it's like using a lawn mower engine to run a Porsche. I can't imagine it's working wonders for you under 20watts. I have two other friends that have been attempted to run it under 25 as well, with mostly the same results. I'm just recording my findig and tests with it. If you look there's a bunch of people wondering if they should buy it or have bought it for their Spinner or Twist.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I prefer cooler vape on regular basis, over 22 watts its gets too warm for my taste. If i want clouds, then over 30watts gets the job done for me.

Tried my friends home made box the other day that is pushing around 100w with dual coil RDA, and i almost suffocated. You get an instant hard lung hit of hot vapor and it was 0mg juice.

Atlantis is a great tank though.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Good layout and explanation, Mad... I've not tried the Atlantis, but I run a lot of sub-ohm builds on my mechs... 0.5 ohms at 4.2V (fresh battery) is ~35W, and is a decent vape... I, more often than not, run below the half ohm mark, and thus well over the 35W mark... things just work better for me at that level. I have a regulated mod, but it's 15W max... great for carto-tanks, and not much else... anyway, just wanted to say good job on your breakdown on the Atlantis! Hope to see ya around the boards a bit!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I respectfully disagree about running the Atlantis at low watts. I've only been vaping a couple of months but,

Most of my vaping experience has been on an N mini which apparently has a good reputation for taste. I've been vaping exclusively on an Atlantis for the past week and a half powered by a IPV 2s. After some experimenting I vape the Atlantis most of the time at 8 watts with no issues and vapor quality and taste is far superior to my N mini. Everytime I try higher watts I end up going back to 8. The N mini is getting lonely. BTW the original Atlantis coil is still fine.

I use 50/50 1.2 nic juice.

When I can get nickel coils for the Atlantis I'm going to start yearning for a DNA40 mod but as long as I'm happy on 8 watts it's doubtful I'm scorching any juice.

Madcuzbad87

Oct 28, 2014
NJ
Well at 50/50 8 shouldn't be an issue. The coils have their wicking holes drilled very large (3x the size of the nauty bvc's) so that thicker juices can run into the coil for better wicking, creating a better vape. Now as far as running it at 8watts, that's fine. However there are tons of sites out there with big warnings saying NOT to run the tank under it's recommended watt ratings. They are saying its a safety warning. Why that is, I don't know. But the tank was built with cloud chasing in mind.

Madcuzbad87

Oct 28, 2014
NJ
@kaezziel hey thanks for the post, I'll be around often, found a lot of useful info here when I needed it, so I wanted to pay it forward. I'll be testing more stuff out and posting my finding for people when I see new stuff people are interested in. I have the luxury of having a brother that runs a B&M so it's easy for me to get my hands on new stuff for test purposes.

Madcuzbad87

Oct 28, 2014
NJ
Ah ok so the safety warnings are due to the batteries needed to fire the Atlantis. It SHOULD NOT be used unless you are using a device that can sub-ohm (mechs, good regulated boxes 30+ watts) and need to use high drain IMR's. Other batteries like ego types, and not the correct loose batteries can cause explosions or battery damage is someone doesn't know what they are doing. As in you get an atlantis, put it on an ego, and keep trying to fire it thinking it might just be faulty.

Madcuzbad87

Oct 28, 2014
NJ
Warning: This tank uses a sub-ohm resistance atomizer. It will only work on a mechanical mod or a mod capable of 30 watt or higher. You must be sure that your mod AND batteries can handle SUB OHM coils. If you're using an electronic mod, make sure it can handle the amps. For mechanical mod users, please use 30 Amp batteries or higher. Use the OHMS LAW CALCULATOR, CHECK YOUR AMPS, and be safe! Any questions please contact us by email.

Known Compatible devices: Mech Mods, Sigelei 30W, Sigelei 50W, Sigelei 100W, IPV3, IPV2, Vamo7 35W

Found this waning and explanation on 4 different sites. Also as a side not it says 30 amp batteries, but if my understanding and safety knowledge is correct, 25 amp continuous are fine/safe.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Now as far as running it at 8watts, that's fine. However there are tons of sites out there with big warnings saying NOT to run the tank under it's recommended watt ratings. They are saying its a safety warning. Why that is, I don't know. But the tank was built with cloud chasing in mind.
I think the warning you're talking about is about mods that aren't designed for lower ohm coils. My spinner 2 was fine for the higher ohm coil in the N mini but not the Atlantis coil so I got the IPV, as recommended by the local vape shop. (The Spinner is supposed to have a safty feature to prevent it from trying to fire the low ohm coil but better not to test that.) The much larger coil in the Atlantis should be able to produce more vapor at a lower temperature compared to the mini. I figure that's what accounts for the better taste but somebody with more experience can correct me if I'm wrong.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
Warning: This tank uses a sub-ohm resistance atomizer. It will only work on a mechanical mod or a mod capable of 30 watt or higher. You must be sure that your mod AND batteries can handle SUB OHM coils. If you're using an electronic mod, make sure it can handle the amps. For mechanical mod users, please use 30 Amp batteries or higher. Use the OHMS LAW CALCULATOR, CHECK YOUR AMPS, and be safe! Any questions please contact us by email.

Known Compatible devices: Mech Mods, Sigelei 30W, Sigelei 50W, Sigelei 100W, IPV3, IPV2, Vamo7 35W

Found this waning and explanation on 4 different sites. Also as a side not it says 30 amp batteries, but if my understanding and safety knowledge is correct, 25 amp continuous are fine/safe.

If you look at the box, or Aspire website, they recommend running between 20-30 watts.

Link to sites where you see these warnings??

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
If you look at the box, or Aspire website, they recommend running between 20-30 watts.

Link to sites where you see these warnings??

Yeah thats just a warning from people that don't want to be responsible for stupid people. It would definitely work fine below 30 watts. And you definitely don't need a 30 amp battery to use an Atlantis lol. This isn't a .1 ohm RDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread