Just saw my doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
Well, I just got back from seeing my Kaiser doctor. He says my lungs sound perfect and BP is OK. He was happy I quit smoking, until I tell him how. He looked at me and said you really have to be careful of those, they have concentrated nicotine. He said I could develop a nicotine addiction. I almost laughed in his face, but I restrained myself and just told him I was already addicted to nicotine. He asked if it was the kind you could step down and I said yes. He gave me Kaiser's stop smoking program phone # and we left it at that.

I was disappointed in his reaction. Guess I was kind of expecting a positive reaction. It was pretty funny in a sad sorta way though.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Well, I just got back from seeing my Kaiser doctor. He says my lungs sound perfect and BP is OK. He was happy I quit smoking, until I tell him how. He looked at me and said you really have to be careful of those, they have concentrated nicotine. He said I could develop a nicotine addiction. I almost laughed in his face, but I restrained myself and just told him I was already addicted to nicotine. He asked if it was the kind you could step down and I said yes. He gave me Kaiser's stop smoking program phone # and we left it at that.

I was disappointed in his reaction. Guess I was kind of expecting a positive reaction. It was pretty funny in a sad sorta way though.

"Well gee doc, it would be horrible if I suddenly developed a nicotine addiction after 25 years of smoking a pack a day." :facepalm:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
some of them do :lol:

actually, I think his worry is more that if I'm addicted to nic, I might go back to smoking,,,,,

what he doesn't realize is the nic addiction is NOTHING for me anyway,,,,,,I could easily give that up,,,,and I probably will,,,

the big addiction for me is the hand to mouth, social aspect of smoking,,,,,,,

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
WOW not even a pat on the back for giving up the other 4000 + life threatening chemicals in cigarettes instead he was concerned about the 1? The least harmful of them all?! Geez I hope you didnt tell him you drink coffee too you could have given the poor guy a stroke! LOL

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I agree with Rosa. I don't think a lot of doctors have really done any research. They just go off their previous knowledge, which was probably learned in a class 20 years or more ago before ecigs even existed. We've all seen so many "this will change the world for only 10 easy payments of $29.99, not only does it grate your cheese, it slices it too!" type of thing, so they are probably very skeptical of anything they hear, and just rely on their knowledge of "nicotine is bad", when in reality, nicotine is probably the least hazardous thing in cigarettes.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
WOW not even a pat on the back for giving up the other 4000 + life threatening chemicals in cigarettes instead he was concerned about the 1? The least harmful of them all?! Geez I hope you didnt tell him you drink coffee too you could have given the poor guy a stroke! LOL

You also, every single night, get at a minimum, 8 - 10 hours of sleep too right?

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada

You "almost" !! I would have Rolled On The Floor! If we could harness this Stupidity we could light a small city with it!

My doctor wants me to decrease my nic intake. That sounds reasonable enough.

What they don't realize is that, unlike the original story, nicotine is the drug that prevents my Dr. Jekyll from becoming Mr. Hyde.

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
Downgrading your nicotine over time IS reasonable enough, IF and WHEN you want to! Making like a seagull and going poopy on your chosen means of quitting cigarettes from a great height most certainly is not! So far, every medical professional I have discussed this with loves the idea of me using an e-cig...the chemist next door to my doctor's even sells them although they're nasty! My dentist yesterday was thrilled by the e-cig and excited to see it!

A friend sent me this link on Facebook earlier... Are E-Cigarettes Better For Your Health? - these doctors are positive too! Let's stick with their opinion and not these silly closed minded doctors!x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread