Kanger protank 3 causing battery heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having an issue firing my kanger protank 3 with a 2 ohm head on a Maraxus clone. The tank threads on fine but when pressing the fire button, the whole mod (especially the button) heats up VERY quickly and the tank doesn't seem to fire at all. Not only is this useless but terribly unsafe. The tank works fine on other batteries.

I know, you should run a rebuildable on a mech, blah blah. My Igo-w dual-coil build works flawlessly. But so does a vivi Nova mini and a vivi Nova 2.5.

Why is it doing this and more importantly how can I get it to work properly?

Thanks in advance

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
It sounds like your PT-3 and the Maraxus clone are having a problem with the way the 510 connector is mating, it's causing a short. The center pins and thickness of the outside threads may be causing this, check if they look like they might be touching where they shouldn't

Regarding using a tank or carto on a mech mod, it's quite normal. The mech mod has been around a lot longer than the tanks, and cartos even, first used with attys, and RDAs come in much later.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The center pin of the PT-3 and your mod need to touch each other without touching the outer metal threads at all. If the tank works on other mods, and the mod works with other toppers, the only difference is the connectors on the one specific mor and topper.

If you have a 510-510 adapter, try connecting with that, it will often solve connector problems at the cost of appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread