Kanger SubTank Mini OCC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade7

Oct 17, 2014
Chicago
I was using the 1.2 coils around 17-18w. Switched to the .5 coils, and stay around 23-25w. So it sounds like it's probably not a power issue.

For priming the coils, I drip from the top of the coil, and watch the sides of the wick to see when it gets saturated. Then put it back together, start out a little low on the power (20-23w). I'll leave it there for a bit, then up it to 23-25w.

How long does it take before the wicks get discolored? As in, after how many refills, or X ml of juice?

Are you using the standard OCC heads, or the nickel wire heads for temp control?

If you're using standard heads, have you tried turning off temp control?

What PG/VG ratio is your juice? Some of mine go up to 80% VG, and still wick decent. Above that though, it's possible you could see issues.

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Just a bump. I've only had mine for three days and I'm already noticing the wick looking dark brown.

Maybe because for the first two days I was using on a mech (it was burning pretty hot)?

Or is this common with tobacco flavor liquids? I might just replace the wick and keep an eye on it now that I'm using an IStick (and keeping the .5 coil right around 13-15 watts)..

I just hope it's not an indication of impurities in my tobacco extract because I really like the taste..

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Resolved, washed out the OCC in hot water. (OCC became clear after rinsing through) Then changed my juice to Space Jam Plunto 6MG

Washing your heads every 15 ml of juice or so, has always been a great idea. Have 3 coilheads in rotation, wash and put in vodka for a couple of days. To dry, put some paper touching the wick and sticking out and wrap everything in paper towel, tightly. They should be bone dry in about 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread