Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA

GinnyDragon54

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Beloit, KS
I got my box mod, tank, and coils today! Still waiting on some cosmetic stuff (skin, new drip tip, custom glass, etc.), but I can use it. I'll post more pics when I get the rest of the stuff in. The drip tip that's on it in these pics isn't the one that came with it - it's from Phiniac. I've been using it for years, and I love it, but the color is starting to wear off, so i did get a new one. It should come in soon. ^_^

vapesetup (TinyPic was being a ...., and the images were too big to upload on here, so I had to go this route.)

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
Wow, okay. I've been using them for a long time, but now I'm kind of scared... what should I get instead?
I see you got your new kit. Hope it included new batteries. ;) Looks good though. :)
Sony, LG, Samsung are the preferred brands. Something that's going to be rated at at least 20A. I'm running the LG HG2's in my Cuboid and RX200 and I'll never get close to maxing their output limits with my vaping style at <80W.

GinnyDragon54

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Beloit, KS
I see you got your new kit. Hope it included new batteries. ;) Looks good though. :)
Sony, LG, Samsung are the preferred brands. Something that's going to be rated at at least 20A. I'm running the LG HG2's in my Cuboid and RX200 and I'll never get close to maxing their output limits with my vaping style at <80W.

It didn't come with batteries, so (for now) I'm using the ones I have. I'm using a .5ohm SSOCC coil at 25.0W, and it seems to be working well.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
It didn't come with batteries, so (for now) I'm using the ones I have. I'm using a .5ohm SSOCC coil at 25.0W, and it seems to be working well.
You're working within the safe range with those batteries at that power setting, but there's not a lot of overhead when you start getting to the low-charge state. Look at the Steam Engine Battery Drain Calculator and see why. I'd be looking at new, higher amperage-rated batteries if you intend on breaking 30W at any point. <$20 for safety and peace of mind is a small price to pay.

GinnyDragon54

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Beloit, KS
OK, so, since I got my new setup (Feb 4th), I've been using the same coil. In 2 days, that'll be 3 weeks of use with no burnt taste or anything. If these coils actually last this long, I am a VERY happy camper, but part of me feels like this could be too good to be true. Am I missing something, or is this the typical lifespan of these coils? Should I change it now, or wait until I start having issues with it? When it is time to change it, how will I know?

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
OK, so, since I got my new setup (Feb 4th), I've been using the same coil. In 2 days, that'll be 3 weeks of use with no burnt taste or anything. If these coils actually last this long, I am a VERY happy camper, but part of me feels like this could be too good to be true. Am I missing something, or is this the typical lifespan of these coils? Should I change it now, or wait until I start having issues with it? When it is time to change it, how will I know?
Coil life will depend on usage, the liquid you're using and other factors. When a coil goes "off" you'll know it. Flavor will drop, vapor will drop, it may start spitting and popping.. Higher ohm coils tend to last longer than sub-ohm coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread