KangerTech Top EVOD is hitting very poorly, too airy, not strong. What can I check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablo the fish

Jan 9, 2019
Hey,

Just got a new vape: KangerTech Top EVOD. I let the girl in the store show me how to change the coils and she filled it for me.

It hits terribly. I've never used this brand/type before so I don't know if it's just how it is or if something was loosened by the girl at the store or if it's defective.... or what.

Has anyone else had this issue? What could I try?

pablo the fish

Jan 9, 2019
This post talks about an EVOD device (not the same but that's alright) pulling/hitting too hard. Users suggest that some of the air holes are clogged... I wonder if I could just cover mine.... I wonder if something isn't tight enough (or too tight) from when the girl showed me how to change the coils and fill it?

Has anyone ever had similar issues, and resolved them, after changing the coils?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This post talks about an EVOD device (not the same but that's alright) pulling/hitting too hard. Users suggest that some of the air holes are clogged... I wonder if I could just cover mine.... I wonder if something isn't tight enough (or too tight) from when the girl showed me how to change the coils and fill it?

Has anyone ever had similar issues, and resolved them, after changing the coils?
Less air shouldn’t make it hit harder, quite the opposite. Also you risk burning. If the coil wasn’t inserted right it would most likely leak or just not work at all.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The top evod 'tank' doesn't have adjustable airflow, the airflow / inhale resistance is fixed, if it is too airy / easy to inhale you can try covering one air hole with a finger to see what happens.
Covering more than one probably would end up with burnt taste.

The battery/power device has ego & 510 threading, you can try a different delivery device with adjustable airflow.
Be best to look for one that has replacement heads in the 1.2Ω - 2.0Ω range.
Even better would be to buy an overall better set up.
Something like the Innokin Kroma A with Zenith tank kit.

You can't expect much from a $10 - $14 all in one kit that uses 3 - 4 year old technology.

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA

Sometimes a coil change can help but that is just not a super strong device. You are using the VOCC coils? I know they used to come in 1.5 and 1.8 resistance. I'd recommend a different device. I use a Kanger subvod (mega I think they call it)with a toptank that I carry as a backup.

Kanger SUBVOD Mega Starter kit (if you look around you can find it for much less expensive)

It is a very similar concept so you would not have an issue using it- built-in battery (better battery - lasts longer) with a tank that you refill and can change the coils but it is a more powerful device, has a better coil and you can grow with it so it can save you $'s in the long run.

For example - you could use the megavod just as is with the drop-in coils like you are now -- and you will enjoy it much more. Good flavor, good vapor. There is more of a selection of coil resistances so you can experiment with a few different levels to see which one you like best.

How you can grow with it is that the toptank mini is a real decent tank and can be used on other batteries or mods as you grow plus as you grow you can experiment with temperature control mode which takes a different coil PLUS if you stick with it you can go even more advanced. You can even learn how to make your own coils with it. If you are cost conscious that will save you even more money because if you do go that route you would not have to buy the more expensive coils and many of us agree that you get an even better experience if you make your own coils.

Of course, right now you are concerned with finding something that works as is. Since you tried in the past and then stopped and then liked the Juul I think you need a better device to start with to help you succeed.

My opinion.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Katya

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It hits terribly. I've never used this brand/type before so I don't know if it's just how it is or if something was loosened by the girl at the store or if it's defective.... or what.

Hi Pablo. It just may be your technique. Evod is a very basic, entry-level e-cig, and is only capable of delivering rather modest and tight vapor, suitable for mouth to lung vaping. Watch this video--go to 3:45 sec. He demonstrates how to properly use an Evod and how much vapor you can expect from it. If that's not what you're looking for, get something more powerful. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread