Kayfun lite plus issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad_Dispatcher

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Seattle Area
Im new to rba's myself but it sounds like you are using too much cotton and choking the wick. I would suggest using a pinch less cotton and see where that gets you. On a side note...my cotton does cover the channels (not stuffed into it) and wicks just fine. Just keep playing with the amount of cotton till you get it right. Sometimes less is more my friend.

kayfunTY

Feb 20, 2014
indianapolis
Im new to RBA's myself but it sounds like you are using too much cotton and choking the wick. I would suggest using a pinch less cotton and see where that gets you. On a side note...my cotton does cover the channels (not stuffed into it) and wicks just fine. Just keep playing with the amount of cotton till you get it right. Sometimes less is more my friend.

So the cotton can actually touch the channel? I was always told to keep it completely away from it. ill try that and get back to ya.

URL='http://sigbanner.e-cigarette-forum.com/sig2/banner.html']
sig.php
[/URL]

Mad_Dispatcher

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Seattle Area
So the cotton can actually touch the channel? I was always told to keep it completely away from it. ill try that and get back to ya.

URL='http://sigbanner.e-cigarette-forum.com/sig2/banner.html']
sig.php
[/URL]

I was told the same originally. However, I have it covered and it works just fine for me. Just remember that the wicking material expands as it absorbs juice. I like to be able to move the cotton from side to side without much resistance from the coil. Keep in mind this is what works for me and I cannot guarantee it will work for you. There are also a ton of videos on youtube that can help too.

kayfunTY

Feb 20, 2014
indianapolis
Im new to RBA's myself but it sounds like you are using too much cotton and choking the wick. I would suggest using a pinch less cotton and see where that gets you. On a side note...my cotton does cover the channels (not stuffed into it) and wicks just fine. Just keep playing with the amount of cotton till you get it right. Sometimes less is more my friend.

Ok did what u said and its wicking like a champ now. Now I have another question. Are you suppose to let the kayfun sit for awhile before vapeing it or can you primer puff it? Seems odd if I let it sit for about 30 mins after filling the flavor just pops out and priming it doesnt really help. Does that make sense to you?

Mad_Dispatcher

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Seattle Area
Ok did what u said and its wicking like a champ now. Now I have another question. Are you suppose to let the kayfun sit for awhile before vapeing it or can you primer puff it? Seems odd if I let it sit for about 30 mins after filling the flavor just pops out and priming it doesnt really help. Does that make sense to you?

I typically will let it sit for 10 minutes or so. I also wet the wick prior to putting the chimney on and I take primer puffs. Guess I am paranoid that way. The last coil/wick I made really popped and cracked but I vaped through it for the tank. It calmed down after the first tank for me. That popping is either air bubbles or pockets of juice inside the wick. Its annoying but it went away for me. I am glad that rewicking helped you out. Hopefully that popping goes away for you.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
I've spent the past week reading through the nearly 800 page Kayfun Light thread. The main thing I learned is that a cotton wick should be placed right on top of the juice channel. Even though many people have advised not to block the channel, the consensus among the experienced cotton and microcoil builders is that the wick should go right where the channel meets the deck. I tried this and it works!

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
In the slower lower ... Delaware
I don't let mine sit at all after rewicking. I juice up cotton give it a few fires before I put chimney on and then a few more drops. Put it back together fill tank and vape. If I am using 80% or higher vg I do the above then do a short primer puff with air hole covered 2 seconds at most just to get a bubble. Also don't fill the tank all the way up. Leave a fair size bubble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread