KR808D-1 Battery Charging Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireproof

May 18, 2011
Texas
I have been perusing these forums/internet for weeks now getting as much information as i can on my new e-cig. I purchased the smoketip starter kit, and have been analog free for 11 days now.

The flyer that came in my starter kit said to charge all new batteries (and batteries that have been reset by blowing/sucking on either end) for 6-8 hours regardless of charger indicator lights. A link on their website says the same thing, plus, it says that normal charging (used batteries) should be charged 2-3 hours, regardless of charger indicator lights. what the heck are the lights for on the wall charger and usb charger?!

don't get me wrong, smoketip products and customer service have been absolutely amazing, but after emailing back and forth on this subject, i still dont understand how to properly care for my battery.

I've read on these forums that all LI batteries can be charged whenever, but does that mean that if i have a fully charged battery, take 3 puffs, and put it back on the charger, i need to charge it for 2-3 hours, or just till the light turns green? Or do i need to use a battery till the LED flashes, and THEN charge it.

help :blink:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Generally the indicator lights are going to tell you what you need to know. Leaving them on for 2-3 hours is best practice, because that assures a full charge. In the scenario you suggested where the battery is only partially depleted, however, they really don't need that length of charge. Using them until fully depleted is not that necessary either.

Fireproof

May 18, 2011
Texas
thanks cyber. follow-up question:
the chargers that came with the smoketip starter kit are (i'm assuming) the same as other KR808D-1 chargers from other competitors. the wall charger i have turns green when i plug it into the wall. When i screw on a battery to the usb charger, and plug it into the wall charger, the tip of the battery blinks 3 times, and the lights on both the usb and wall charger turn red. I'm hoping someone can clear these things up for me:
1. I let a battery charge overnight. when i plugged everything in a midnight, both lights were red (usb/wall). when i woke up in the morning (7 hours later), both lights were solid green.
2. without even using the battery, i waited an hour, and plugged the same battery into the wall charger (via usb charger). battery blinked 3 times, and both lights went red. After about 10 minutes, the usb charger light would shift a couple times between red and green, untill the usb light stays solid green. Once the usb light goes solid green, the wall charger light starts flickering an orange/green color combination. I think if i wait hours later, eventually the orange/green flickering will go away and it will turn solid green.

so which light indicates a good charge? the usb light going green, or waiting for the wall charger to turn green?

EDIT: i contacted smoketip support about the orange/green wall charger light, and they said it wasnt normal, and are sending me out a new one. Regardless, the charger seems to be charging my battery, i just want to get a good grasp on understanding how to charge these batteries because I'm about to refer alot of people to smoketip, and i want to make sure i can inform them correctly.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello,
When the light is green on the battery. I have some wall chargers that never turn green but work anyway....
The blinking on the battery when charging is an indicator that it is working properly.....
After leaving it on all night, it should be good to go......
sometimes when you put the battery down and leave the atty/cartomizer on, it will drain the battery only slightly, but there is no need to recharge it again until the battery light flashes indicating that a charge is needed.
:)

Fireproof

May 18, 2011
Texas
update:
i still have the battery charging on the wall adapter (the one i fully charged overnight, did NOT put a cartomizer on, and put back into the charger an hour later). I'm noticing that the usb light is solid green, and the wall charger light is flickering an orange/green color (rapidly, changing 10 times a sec). It looks like its starting to be "more" green than orange/green, because when the usb light first turned green from red, the wall charger light was more orange than green.

It looks like the wall charger has some sort of color coded indication system, but i just dont know which light to go by to determine when to start using the battery, the usb light, or the wall charger...

just to sum up, the usb light turned green 30 mins ago, and the wall charger is not yet solid green, but is flickering more green than orange at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread