Let's begin some vape journalism!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukewheeler

Sep 6, 2013
London, UK
I'm not sure if this thread is in the appropriate forum, but mods, feel free to move this as necessary.

So, I'm a bit of a techy, and I love reading The Verge. In terms of tech journalism, it's one of the best sites out there. I'm also a bit of a budding writer myself, and have done a bit of writing / journalism for tech sites in the past. It got me thinking. I would love to have a bash at creating the 'The Verge' of the vaping world. A dedicated magazine-style blog, all about vaping. I'm talking news, reviews, first-looks, features, opinions, polls, all that great stuff.

I'm sorting out the back-end of things as we speak. WordPress, domain, themes, all that jazz. When it comes to content, though, I can only contribute so much as one person. For this website to be a success, I'm going to need a small team of content creators.

Obviously at this stage, I'm unable to pay anyone for this, which I realise is a bit of a deal-breaker. Hopefully, if we can get the site to the stage of bringing in a bit of ad revenue, that can change. I'd certainly want to reimburse writers for their work.

It's all in the very early stages right now, and I'm just trying to gauge interest levels. If it sounds like something you'd be interested in, we should talk. Send me a PM and we'll go from there.

Oh, and I came up with the name Vape Mile (and got the domain vapemile.com). What do you guys think? Memorable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread