Look at my dirty Subtank coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanger Subtank rewick: https://youtu.be/3z-V2itT9NU

Be careful when removing the old wick so you don't mess up the coil. Recoiling might still be necessary, and shouldn't be too difficult.
Awesome to know! Thanks! I've been having an issue with funny taste, so I'll try this asap.

Keeldog

Mar 14, 2015
Spring Texas
I have the subtank mini and the istick 30w on order right now,

I have only been vaping since January and started with the single voltage ego battery and cheap atomizer, about 3 weeks in I got a vision spinner 2 and an adjustable air flow anyvape peakomizer that takes the aspire bvc coils 1.8ohms, that set up and better juices than I started with has kept me cig free since. The taste and the smoke production was way better.

I am hoping the new set up that the postman is bringin, can impress me even more...

I ordered a 5 pack of the OCC .5ohm coils do you recommend getting the 1.2 ohms as well? I went with the mini because I am excited at the opportunity to do some rebuilding also

Metis

Nov 24, 2014
Denmark
Time to re-wick, or just forget it and use the RBA. I have to say the RBAs are not as good, they get dry hits, but maybe with 15% water it should work fine.
How are you wicking it?

I find that if I just fluff the ends of my cotton, and then only push it down in the sides and not the middle where the feeding channels are on the RBA deck, mine wicks perfectly.

I do love my mini's RBA section.

I run a 65vg juice btw.

I have the subtank mini and the istick 30w on order right now,

I have only been vaping since January and started with the single voltage ego battery and cheap atomizer, about 3 weeks in I got a vision spinner 2 and an adjustable air flow anyvape peakomizer that takes the aspire bvc coils 1.8ohms, that set up and better juices than I started with has kept me cig free since. The taste and the smoke production was way better.

I am hoping the new set up that the postman is bringin, can impress me even more...

I ordered a 5 pack of the OCC .5ohm coils do you recommend getting the 1.2 ohms as well? I went with the mini because I am excited at the opportunity to do some rebuilding also
It's really a matter of personal preference.
Congrats, by the way! Vaping is the only reason I was able to quit. :)

I'd say yes only because the best way to find your niche is to play around and experiment.
I have the 1.2 Ohm coils. (ACTUALLY, by bf has it... I highjacked it. Lol) I like them, but I think BC I'm used to sub Ohming with my Hobo V2 RDA, I wear the 1.2 Ohm coils out a little faster.

I will say this... With my Hobo, I use Ni200 wire on my DNA40 vapor flask. I end up vaping in .12Ohm @ 26.5 watts. The Nano subtank with the 1.2Ohm coils keeps up, even though I still prefer my Hobo - maybe just personal bias.

Also, if you want to get into rebuildables I highly recommend getting a DNA40 device. It takes a lot of guess work out and its safer if you want to dip into sub Ohming. If you don't want to sub Ohm, don't worry about it, BC it's nearly impossible to NOT sub Ohm with nickel wire (which is what is required for the temp control on DNA40 devices).
And quick disclaimer: there are lots of bad DNA40 chips out there. I've had one. But, most companies will replace/repair if you end up with one... Just one of the cons if you research and decide shelling out that kind of money is for you.

Good luck and enjoy your vape mail! Vape mail is like Christmas all year round! Lol

I have had 2 sub tank minis for a couple of months now using the rba's and when they are working well they are great but dry hits can suddenly happen for no apparent reason, I have read loads of threads about then and tried all the different methods including filing the juice channels

The solution I have found works is to wind big wide coils (5 wraps but openly spaced) Push the coil low down over the air hole
When you wick it put a bit of juice on the wick then squash it flat to the posts and touching the base of the deck

Keeldog

Mar 14, 2015
Spring Texas
Thanks for the reply, still waiting on the postman...

I did look into a DNA 40 a bit but was pricey for my current vape budget, I also suspect I will be going through a lot more juice so I need to take that into consideration as well.
I look forward to playing around with the RTA that comes with the subtank, I am an electrical instructor and actually teach ohms law so I have a really good understanding of it. I just have to learn all of the "coil wire" resistances and which one to go with. I understand they make the nickel at 0 ohms and I should not be using that one.

There is a place in florida that makes the temp sensing occ coils for the DNA 40. I think their name is Vapor Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread