Press fitted negative posts on RDAs are junk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just though I'd share a recent experience purchasing fastechs rda clones. I've been going on a little buying spree collecting more rda clones from fadtech. Just to save some of you the trouble of filling another box with RDAs that are broken and may be used for parts. Here's my two cents. Pay a lot of attention if the neg post are press fitted or milled with the deck. So far I have twisted a couple neg post on their clones and will never get press fitted rdas ever. I also think they are dangerous. Just a little something I thought I'd share.

----------------------------------------
............... Current set up
Kangertech Subtank Mini 0.5 ohm coil
Brass 4nine FT clone
Purple efest IMR18650 35A 2500MAH
Mt Baker Vapor Max VG

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
A few weeks ago I bought an EL DIABLO BAAL clone. I looked at several including the ones fasttech carries before making my purchase.
The authentic's negative posts are machined from the the stock metal so they are basically unmovable. Twist one of those off and you're one bad mammer jammer. :blink:
The thing I really liked though was that the positive post has a flat spot milled into it that matches up to a flat spot on the base. Therefore "locking" the post in place.
All the clones I looked at did not have that flat spot.
Except for Tobeco's 1:1 clone. Which I ended up getting. It's pretty awesome not having to worry about the post spinning or breaking.
My Tugboat clone's center post would spin and was very frustrating trying to build on it.

A few weeks ago I bought an EL DIABLO BAAL clone. I looked at several including the ones Fasttech carries before making my purchase.
The authentic's negative posts are machined from the the stock metal so they are basically unmovable. Twist one of those off and you're one bad mammer jammer. :blink:
The thing I really liked though was that the positive post has a flat spot milled into it that matches up to a flat spot on the base. Therefore "locking" the post in place.
All the clones I looked at did not have that flat spot.
Except for Tobeco's 1:1 clone. Which I ended up getting. It's pretty awesome not having to worry about the post spinning or breaking.
My Tugboat clone's center post would spin and was very frustrating trying to build on it.
I like how you pay attention to those little things. Those little things are quality and durability!

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
I like how you pay attention to those little things. Those little things are quality and durability!

Lots of "junk" along the way has taught me to pay attention to those small details.
I enjoy clones. But not the ones that are shoddy.
Like Completely Average said, 1:1 clones can be very nice or very crummy. lol (paraphrased):blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread