Looking for a brick & mortar in the CITY of Chicago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimoMuffin

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
I like to hold things, look at things, and I HATE shipping costs/time. Normally I'd just toss that aside and start ordering online, and I will soon, but after some research it seems that there are plenty of vape shops in Chicago.

I live in the heart of Chicago, not the suburbs. I searched for a good B&M shop online but its so hard to tell which ones are good. Some seemed only online, some seemed sketchy, and some seemed like Blu ripoff brands with physical stores. If it did seem reputable there was no final piece of evidence that made me want to hop on the CTA and head down there.

I also go to belmont/clark street area a lot. I go in the head shops with my friends like every time, but I haven't gone since i started vaping.

So my question is do any of you Chitown folks know any GOOD B&M vape stores in the city? Or are there any of the head shops that have a good selection of vaping things? Thanks.

I may have posted this in the wrong place but I couldn't find anywhere more suitable.

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Unfortunately I couldn't any. Only reputable one is just outside of Chicago:
100 S York St Unit 108 Elmhurst, Il 60126
https://www.cignot.com/

Here's the ECF Chicago Sub Forum:
Windy City Vaping

Some online vendors will allow customer pickup- call first- actually HotVapes is an ECF listed/ verified Vendor:
This one I know nothing about but prices aren't too bad:
Torpedo

The Best of Luck.

Last edited:

OptimoMuffin

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
Have you tried checking http://vaporsearchusa.com/index01.html"]vaporsearchusa.com/index01.html"]http://vaporsearchusa.com/index01.html - I think CigTechs has a new store in Illinois but I don't know how close they are to you.

Then you might want to try going to the Location Specific thread to Windy City Vaping

I tried multiple searches and got results the information was just way too low to make me want to haul myself out there. On a day where I have more time and not a sunday I'd try a few random ones riding on hope, but until then I'm looking for opinions.

I also looked at the Windy City threads, it seems most of them live in the burbs which is why I emphasized city.

Thanks!

OptimoMuffin

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
Unfortunately I couldn't any. Only reputable one is just outside of Chicago:
100 S York St Unit 108 Elmhurst, Il 60126
https://www.cignot.com/

Here's the ECF Chicago Sub Forum:
Windy City Vaping

Some online vendors will allow customer pickup- call first- actually HotVapes is an ECF listed/ verified Vendor:
This one I know nothing about but prices aren't too bad:
Torpedo

The Best of Luck.

Elmhurst is near my home town, I might visit there soon. But its a tad far from my current living situation.

I have been looking at that Hot Vapes! Thanks for giving me some confidence I didn't know they were ECF verified. I am going to give them a call.

Sorry for the double post.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Modern Vapor is on Milwalkee Ave. Being on the East Coast I've never been in there, but I have ordered from them online quite often. Their Sidesho model is the same as the Blu 100, the 902 is a re-branded 510 and the Lux is a re-branded eGo. They don't have anything for APV's, but if you're looking for an eGo or cig-alike model you may want to check them out.

Good luck.

EDIT: MV used to have a presence around here that ended about a year ago. Why I have no clue, but I do enjoy their products.

OptimoMuffin

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
Modern Vapor is on Milwalkee Ave. Being on the East Coast I've never been in there, but I have ordered from them online quite often. Their Sidesho model is the same as the Blu 100, the 902 is a re-branded 510 and the Lux is a re-branded eGo. They don't have anything for APV's, but if you're looking for an eGo or cig-alike model you may want to check them out.

Good luck.

EDIT: MV used to have a presence around here that ended about a year ago. Why I have no clue, but I do enjoy their products.

I did check them out online, I only saw one kit though I'll go look it up.

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
I tried multiple searches and got results the information was just way too low to make me want to haul myself out there. On a day where I have more time and not a sunday I'd try a few random ones riding on hope, but until then I'm looking for opinions.

I also looked at the Windy City threads, it seems most of them live in the burbs which is why I emphasized city.

Thanks!

Ok then. Welcome to ECF and I hope you find a B&M that meets your needs.

OptimoMuffin

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
There is a vape bash coming up soon, April 12-13 at the Rosemont Hilton, right across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center. Many vendors will be there from the area and from relaible online vendors. That might be an option. It is free to get in. I would have thought there would be more shops in the city, but as I read the list myself, that is just not the case.

Vape Bash info is here: Welcome to VapeBash.com

An couple of online vendors I can recommend are:

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Your one stop shop!

Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, USA made E Juice, and Accessories

OptimoMuffin

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
There is a vape bash coming up soon, April 12-13 at the Rosemont Hilton, right across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center. Many vendors will be there from the area and from relaible online vendors. That might be an option. It is free to get in. I would have thought there would be more shops in the city, but as I read the list myself, that is just not the case.

Vape Bash info is here: Welcome to VapeBash.com

An couple of online vendors I can recommend are:

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Your one stop shop!

Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, USA made E Juice, and Accessories

Yes! I just found out about VapeBash and I WILL be going!

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Yes! I just found out about VapeBash and I WILL be going!

I am going as well. Will be my first one, too.

I have been to a vape shop, when I was really new, and it is a great place to learn, and to see how this stuff actually works. I don't see the Alley every selling this stuff, but it would be nice. Or to see more in Chicago.

OptimoMuffin

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
I am going as well. Will be my first one, too.

I have been to a vape shop, when I was really new, and it is a great place to learn, and to see how this stuff actually works. I don't see the Alley every selling this stuff, but it would be nice. Or to see more in Chicago.

Yeah the alley wouldnt all they sell is glass bowls and what not... But there's so many head shops I think soon they will pick up on it. Especially (unfortunately) because pot heads have found out how to put drugs in these things they will pick up on it.

Stymied

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
ChicagoLand, IL USA
sites.google.com
Hey OptimoMuffin ... Welcome to ECF

For what it's worth ... I've been to both CigNot B&M's (Elmhurst & Hickory Hills). The Elmhurst B&M is only 20-30 minutes from downtown and is a comfortable store with personable customer service and a relaxing lounge area to kick back and try some flavors.

They also appear to be a listed vendor at "VapeBash2" at the Rosemont/O'Hare Hilton on April 12th and 13th, 2013 and if you can't get out to their B&M and your going to attend VapeBash2, you can check out their product line and chat with the crew. See you there ... :)

WindECity

Moved On
Oct 2, 2012
Chicago
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier associate

WindECity

Moved On
Oct 2, 2012
Chicago
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier associate