Looking for a reasonable price range mechanical mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpidaFly

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Glenadle, AZ
Hello,

I'm looking for advice on a reasonable price range ($40-60 maybe) mechanical mod to replace the Smoktech Fury-S that I'm unsatisfied with (and am unable to return to the shop - so I'm chalking it up as a loss :().

I'm new to the mech mod/rda setups. I'd like something that fits in my pocket, but I'm not afraid of some bulk (my previous go-to unit was an eVic with Protank). Box mods don't appeal to me, though I'm plenty willing to entertain the notion if it means something that WORKS and doesn't have all the issues I've discovered with my Fury-S.

Thanks!

PS. Ohh... 18650 strongly preferred. I just ordered two VTC4's and I'm crossing my fingers hoping like heck they're not counterfeits. :/

Last edited:

SpidaFly

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Glenadle, AZ
I hear the HCigar Nemesis clone is great. It's also a 1:1 clone. I have the EHPro Nemesis clone and it works fine, despite not being a perfect clone. They are only around $35 at that.

I'll get to researching. Thank you. Also, thanks for your help last night when I was posting on that other thread. In case you're wondering what happened - I took that Fury-S back to the shop, they said it was completely "normal" and "safe" despite explaining that I almost burned my finger on the button (it got REAL hot and I went back to my tank system for now :( )... I went to another shop that was recommended to me by a friend, and they said it was my battery. I grabbed the last VTC3 they had, and the heating issue is BETTER but not completely gone.

Too bad I can't seem to find VTC4 or 5s anywhere, and I'm super frustrated by the plethora of counterfeit batteries...

Anyway /rant off... thanks again for your help rondasherrill...

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I'll get to researching. Thank you. Also, thanks for your help last night when I was posting on that other thread. In case you're wondering what happened - I took that Fury-S back to the shop, they said it was completely "normal" and "safe" despite explaining that I almost burned my finger on the button (it got REAL hot and I went back to my tank system for now :( )... I went to another shop that was recommended to me by a friend, and they said it was my battery. I grabbed the last VTC3 they had, and the heating issue is BETTER but not completely gone.

Too bad I can't seem to find VTC4 or 5s anywhere, and I'm super frustrated by the plethora of counterfeit batteries...

Anyway /rant off... thanks again for your help rondasherrill...

They tried to tell you the switch heating up was NORMAL? Here's hoping their doors don't stay open long.

SpidaFly

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Glenadle, AZ
They tried to tell you the switch heating up was NORMAL? Here's hoping their doors don't stay open long.

Yep! Unbelievable huh? It's a chain place called "Zikwid", I don't know if they have a reputation in the vaping community - but I won't be buying any hardware from them in the future. I'll just ask for advice here and order stuff from online dealers.

Michael7

May 28, 2014
oregon
I've been using the ss/brass hcigar sentinel m16 from 101vape for three months now and everything works great. No hot buttons threads are great you can adjust center pin. Only minor gripe Is the button unscrews itself once in awhile , not really a prob as you'll notice before it comes completely undone . Anyways for $25 its hard to go wrong

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

SpidaFly

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Glenadle, AZ
I've been using the ss/brass hcigar sentinel m16 from 101vape for three months now and everything works great. No hot buttons threads are great you can adjust center pin. Only minor gripe Is the button unscrews itself once in awhile , not really a prob as you'll notice before it comes completely undone . Anyways for $25 its hard to go wrong

Thanks!

How does the telescoping work on that mod? I have never seen a telescoping mod in person... Are there set screws that hold the end caps in place or something?

A review of the Sentinel M16 clone on Kidneypuncher.com indicates some problems with 18650 batteries... have you had any problems?

Michael7

May 28, 2014
oregon
Basically you just screw the pieces together and then just barely snug them up and it holds itself in place. Only times It's loosened up on me were when it was in my cargo shorts pocket and I was playing the park with my son. And I only have Sony vtc5 so I can't speak for other batterys but they work fine. It's got pretty large contacts.

amurphy

Jul 26, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
if you're looking to buy an authentic piece in that price range, i'd recommend checking out the beyond vape beacon. i don't own one myself (yet). but i've heard it's good and relatively cheap.

hope you find what you're looking for. and don't lose hope in mech mods and rdas. i struggled at the beginning to find one that worked consistently. it's just a matter of experience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread