Looking to delve fully into Cloud Chasing, but need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
We need a battery standard around the world. Some companies use pulse some use CD. This is why people only wanted Sony LOL. What they said was what they guaranteed. I'm starting to get P/O'd enough to switch my efest to VTC3's now that a local store has them in stock and genuine...
I agree but fakes will always exist and people like me can't and won't afford the equipment to run tests so I rely on the expertise of you all. Combining online research with ecf members and then making an educated guess that I will be safe. Lol

I am glad the OP is caring enough to ask because some people just don't get it.

Sent from a cool but overpriced phone on TapaCrack at yo mama's house.

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
Yeah man, I went ahead and ordered 8 of these batteries, ordered 8 just so I don't ever have to run out after they die and need to be charged.
Amazon.com: 2 MXJO 18650 2500mAh 35A high drain Battery: Industrial & Scientific
Called two local vape shops after sending them an email with the link to those batteries and they confirmed those batteries will be perfect for an IPV3 running at .2 - .1 Ohms, and a couple even use those exact ones.

Those will be fine in a regulated device. Just don't try pulling 150w. on 50% or lower battery life and your golden. .2 builds on a regulated device I a whole different world compared to a mech doe....the beauty of no battery drop off

Either the OP is bored and trolling for a laugh or I wanna tell him he's goona blow hisself up..

Not trolling at all, and I'm sure as .... am not gonna blow myself up, lol, believe me when I say I'll be practicing my ... off once I get everything in shipment.

Last edited:

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
wp_ss_20150103_0001.jpg Get Dem batts and join da party

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Sorry, fell behind.

A few things I didn't see mentioned that I think Should be:
1) buy your batteries from a reputable source - Amazon and Ebay are generally not a reputable source unless you are familiar with the seller. There are a lot of knockoffs out there
2) cheap ohm readers can be off by as much as .1 ohm - so be careful
3) With mods that run batteries in series make sure you get them from the same place, charge them at the same time and only use them together.

This was mentioned, but I wanted to expound on it a bit:
Just be cause something hasn't happened, doesn't mean it won't. I was watching youtube videos of exploding IMR 18650s, and most of them didn't have a violent reaction beyond the expected venting (no explosions). That said it's not worth it to me to risk it. Also, a battery venting can spew hot toxic(?) gas through the atty into your face. Running a build over the continuous amp rating by a few amps may not immediately cause the battery to explode, but it is stressing the battery beyond the manufactures recommendations. This likely damages the battery if continually done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread