Loooove 6v Indulgence - but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyka

Mar 11, 2010
Australia
......I'm sooooo sad I don't have a 3v 16340 charger :(

I got my package today - tried the Indulgence standard - nice but really no different feeling to my standard 510 mega (except knowing the batt is gonna last waaay longer).

The I tried the 6v - OMFG!!! This is what vapping really is!!! So much flavour, huge TH, total buzz.

But the charger that comes with my package is only for 3.7v - it would kill my 3v batts.

I have more 16340's on order from Battery World, along with the correct smart charger - but I know it's gonna take weeks to get here.

So now I'm loving 6v vaping (can't find words for how great it is) but really depressed that in a day or so it will all end and I'll be back to unsatifying 3.7 vaping for weeks:mad:

Does anyone know any shop (not online supplier) in Melbourne who sells chargers for the 16340's?

Pleeeeeeeaze - I don't want it to end:cry:

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
I have used my 3.7 V charger to charge my 3.0 v batteries for over 1 month now with no ill effects. I set my timer to 45 minutes and check the voltage when it goes off. If not up to a full charge which is right at 3.5v I begin charging in 5 minute intervals until fully charged. If you do this do not leave the batteries unattended and check by touching them for excessive heat about every 10 minutes. It is a pain but it will get you by until your stuff gets in.

Zyka

Mar 11, 2010
Australia
I have used my 3.7 V charger to charge my 3.0 v batteries for over 1 month now with no ill effects. I set my timer to 45 minutes and check the voltage when it goes off. If not up to a full charge which is right at 3.5v I begin charging in 5 minute intervals until fully charged. If you do this do not leave the batteries unattended and check by touching them for excessive heat about every 10 minutes. It is a pain but it will get you by until your stuff gets in.

Awsome!!! Thank you so much for this advice

Phew!!

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
The charger that is sent with indulgence , will charge the 16340's , or the 18350's , they are both lithium ion batteries, and this is a lithium ion charger.

Eastmall would not send you a charger , that would not work with the batteries.

I f anyone is getting any excessive heat from a charging battery, then please do not charge that battery. As every battery will produce a small amount of heat when charged, they should not be creating any excessive heat.

rick

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Well yes, it can be used for any of the batteries it was shipped with. :)

As with many battery chargers as of late, will react with the PCB on the battery, and supply the proper voltage.
Thanks Mudman,

I ask because the EM supplied charger says 3.7 on the side info.

The Smart charger that I've ordered from batteryjunction.com has a switch to choose between 3.0 and 3.7.

So I assume (make an ... out of u and me) that the EM charger cannot be used for 3v

Thank you everyone for clarifying this.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Well yes, it can be used for any of the batteries it was shipped with. :)

As with many battery chargers as of late, will react with the PCB on the battery, and supply the proper voltage.

this has been stated here in forum repeatedly by
myself
David Yang
Mudmanc4
and the engineer who designed the battery with the pcb
:)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I missed that info Di.

Soooo... would I be safe leave the 3v sitting in the EM chargers overnight?

Or as stated previously do I really need to monitor them carefully for time (i.e 45 mins) and heating?

NO do not leave any batteries alone charging overnight
--

but you can pop them in and charge them and keep an eye on them while you work

when light turns green -

take them off
usually takes around 2 hours to charge them

at least thats what I do to mine--

I never leave any batteries on charger overnight.

sperex

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Being prone to forgetfulness, I've left a battery in the charger for two days and quite often leave them overnight. They're never warm when I remember to take them out, so the circuitry is doing it's job well. Is why I will never, ever own unprotected batteries :)

Having said that though, they charge on a tempered glass desk away from fire hazards and all circuits are safety switched at the box.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Being prone to forgetfulness, I've left a battery in the charger for two days and quite often leave them overnight. They're never warm when I remember to take them out, so the circuitry is doing it's job well. Is why I will never, ever own unprotected batteries :)

Having said that though, they charge on a tempered glass desk away from fire hazards and all circuits are safety switched at the box.

You are a wise man sperex-

we should always use protected batteries.

I always advise peeps not to leave battys charging overnight as a safety precaution,

altho it can be done of course.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread