Status
Not open for further replies.

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
I recieved my Maxi Roughstack v2 this weekend, and wanted to share my opinions.

My background.
I quit for 3 months in 2010 using a Joye 510 starter kit, and started smoking after 2 months of neither smoking or vaping, when work bevame VERY stressful.
A little over a month ago, I got an eGo with type a atomizers. After some inexpensive experimenting, I found that I prefered cartomizers, and wanted something capable of running dual coil cartomizers, and decided to order a Roughstack from Madvapes.

My order consisted of...
1: Roughstack longbody
1: Roughstack replacement cap
1: 2400mah 3.7v battery
1: charger
I ordered it in 2 pieces, as they only had the Maxi available in the 6v starter kit, and I really wanted 3.7v. Aditionally, the starter kit included attys and carts, and I prefer the cartos.

My order arrived 2 days later very well packaged. However, the spring within the switch assembly had shorted, either during their testing, or upon my first attempt at use. Madvapes promptly responded to my support ticket, and the replacement is on it's way, so +1 to customer service!

I found a drinking straw the same diameter as the original insulator, and a spring from a ball point pen, pulled out my soldering iron, and replaced the blown spring, and melted insulator, and brought her to life.

There are several factors I like abut the Roughstack over the eGo batteries I had been using. To date, I am still using the same 2.5ohm cartos i used with the eGo, but have some dual coils on the way.

1: I have large hands, so the roughstack is far more comfortable in my hand
2: 2400mAh battery file!
3: 4 available battery configrations, allowing 3.7v, 5v, 6v, and 7.4v operation
4: price. $75 for a fully operational device including cartos, battery, and charger
5: convenient button location (I prefer on the top, rather than the side)
6: user servicable switch
7: durable. I am not afraid of dropping this thing, and with the tumbled finish, scrathes would not be noticable.

If you have considered getting an entry level mod, and aren't concerned with veriable voltage, I couldn't recomend this device more, espically with the madvapes customer service standing behind it. I have 2 coworkers planning on ordering when more are available at madvapes.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread