Made a drastic jump from an MVP 2.0 to a Provair V2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
I've been using an MVP 2.0 for 8 months now and was convinced that it's the best deal for its price, you can't get anything better than an MVP 2.0 when you're spending that much money. Well....for my birthday I was given a PROVARI V2.5 ZOMBIE EDITION and the game's been changed. Got the 2000 mah 18650's with plans on getting the 3100 mah version. 2 of the 2000 mah batteries is more than enough to cover a day of my chain vapage.

Things I noticed upon getting the Provari are pretty cool. The weight...when you hold a Provari, you know you're holding quality, the feel of it in your hands signifies this easily. The 1 button control isn't that bad either, very simple, very easy to use. On it I had a modified protank with airflow controller and it's vaping significantly better than the MVP 2.0, even at the same exact voltage. The taste, the consistency of the vapor, it's thickness, it's all noticeably different.

Just want to put it out there that I'm grateful for this gift and the fact that a loved one shelled out the loot to get me such a wonderful vape. It's my first real real mod, and now I'm looking forward to a kayfun and some other high end goodies that will complement the Provari.

I wanted to post this up just to share that in addition to now being a fellow satisfied Provari customer, that I would like to thank other Provari users for being so adamant about this vape. I finally see what the big deal is, and it's not hype. It's the real deal.

Feraloxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Buffalo, NY, USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Off Topic

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Evaluated a ProVari Mini for 2 weeks. I keep going back to the MVP2. No chasing batteries during the day - I just use it knowing it's going to last. Easy and quick menu controls, it's light and at $40, I can buy a bucket full.

Really liked the form factor and build quality of the ProVari so I see what folks are talking about. But the vape quality? Too many variables besides the battery at play here. I think it has more to do with the topper, the juice and the coil job inside. And yes, the ProVari power regulation is awesome but honestly... I can't really tell the difference in 0.1 or even 0.2 of a volt regardless of what device I'm using.

I will be anxious to see what ProVape has come up with in version 3 though.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
{MODERATED}

Nacon said:
Got the 2000 mah 18650's with plans on getting the 3100 mah version.

If you are speaking of the 3100 mah AW (black & silver), NO that is a protected ICR battery. The Provari requires the use of ONLY high-drain IMR batteries.

AW IMR 18650.jpg red AW IMR :thumb:

AW Protected 18650 battery.jpg black AW protected ICR :nah:

Last edited:

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
KODIAK™;13383813 said:
I know they go against ProVape's AW endorsement but what about these:

High Drain 18650 2900mAh Hybrid IMR Li-ion Rechargeable Battery PD2900
View attachment 344704

I was hoping you'd turn up. :)

I considered getting extensions for the Mini.

Yup, those Orbtronics NCR18650PD 2900mah will work in a Provari as long as they are button-tops. They are actually re-branded Panasonic NCR18650PD 2900mah. Both are high drain IMR hybrids.

Panasonic NCR18650PD Hybrid.jpg

Last edited:

Feraloxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Buffalo, NY, USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
This thread is not a discussion of preferences or suggestions. OP is happy with his gift, let him be happy, for Pete's sake.

This Provari and other mods bickering belongs somewhere that's not here. Cut it out.

Now back to the OP:

I've been using an MVP 2.0 for 8 months now and was convinced that it's the best deal for its price, you can't get anything better than an MVP 2.0 when you're spending that much money. Well....for my birthday I was given a PROVARI V2.5 ZOMBIE EDITION and the game's been changed. Got the 2000 mah 18650's with plans on getting the 3100 mah version. 2 of the 2000 mah batteries is more than enough to cover a day of my chain vapage.

Things I noticed upon getting the Provari are pretty cool. The weight...when you hold a Provari, you know you're holding quality, the feel of it in your hands signifies this easily. The 1 button control isn't that bad either, very simple, very easy to use. On it I had a modified protank with airflow controller and it's vaping significantly better than the MVP 2.0, even at the same exact voltage. The taste, the consistency of the vapor, it's thickness, it's all noticeably different.

Just want to put it out there that I'm grateful for this gift and the fact that a loved one shelled out the loot to get me such a wonderful vape. It's my first real real mod, and now I'm looking forward to a Kayfun and some other high end goodies that will complement the Provari.

I wanted to post this up just to share that in addition to now being a fellow satisfied Provari customer, that I would like to thank other Provari users for being so adamant about this vape. I finally see what the big deal is, and it's not hype. It's the real deal.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
The Provari is my first mod and I love it and I'm all the more happy about my purchase every time I see someone loving it after moving from anything else. I don't mind what people love to use; I'm happy with what I have and wish everyone to be happy with what they have. you are very lucky to have received one as a birthday present!

I'm currently using AW 2200 mAh ICR's with no issue whatsoever in my Provari... All AW batteries are made with great quality batteries (Panasonic, Sanyo and the likes) and I have only had great results with them in all my applications (vaping and high-powered flashlights). Nipple-top IS a must, though...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
It's very nice you're happy! ProVari's are lovely, but not for everyone, hence I'm sure the deleted posts. As I often say, the ProVari is the best VV device in it's class, but...

It is not variable wattage; it is not designed for sub-ohming and it only goes to 15 watts. If those features are important to a vaper, they should buy something else and not waste time putting people down for being excited about finding a device that works for them. We are very lucky to have so many vaping choices at the moment and should be happy for each other. It's all about quitting smoking, and really (shhhh - don't tell) having fun doing it.

Cheers Nacon! Happy Vaping Trails to you! Come down and visit us in the Saloon.

r6n5.jpg

Last edited:

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Congratulations on your new Provari Nacon! You will find it to be a very reliable and consistent unit for sure. You mentioned stepping up to a Kayfun as well. A fine choice to compliment the Provari indeed. You will also find that a well built KF or for that matter a Russian will lead you to a whole other realm of vaping. Just make sure to study how to build them correctly and the satisfaction factor will pay you the dividends.

I am fortunate to have a host of other mods but, when I leave the house, I reach for my Provari's. They have never let me down yet.

And by the way, Happy birthday! :)

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Congrats! Unfortunately, owning a ProVari comes with a price. You will be criticized for appreciating such an outdated, over priced, limited, ugly, heavy and obsolete device. You will be accused of using it as a status symbol...you will become a "fanboi" because you like it.

It's ok.....you're amongst friends.

I enjoy all aspects of vaping. Sub-ohm drippers on mechs all the way to a rebuilt EVOD on an ego battery. A 1.2 ohm build in a kayfun lite on top of a ProVari is very hard to beat for an all day, trouble free vape. It simply works every single time. I'll always have at least 1 on me. I doubt you'll ever need to take advantage of ProVapes customer service or service department, but if you do, you'll be impressed. They stand behind their products.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014

Just want to put it out there that I'm grateful for this gift and the fact that a loved one shelled out the loot to get me such a wonderful vape. It's my first real real mod, and now I'm looking forward to a Kayfun and some other high end goodies that will complement the Provari.

Congrats!!!!! I made the same jump back in March!
Thrilled to see that you are enjoying the best PV on the market for you! First thought on the first provari vape for me was"I get it; this is perfect."
They are truly worry free PVs that will never let you down! Congrats on the upgrade; it is definitely a great unit!!!! By far the best on the market, IMHO and the opinion of many others!!!! Enjoy it!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Congrats on the Provari OP! They're great devices. My MVP 2 has been collecting dust, save for the few times I've used it as a base to mount my coils on. It's handy that way, as I can check ohms, and then fire the coil before putting in the cotton to set it without needing to unscrew the atty and put it on another device. Also don't need a torch this way. I also highly recommend a Kayfun style tank. These give great taste, don't leak if set up correctly, and carry a good amount of juice. Welcome to the Provarinati.

jklotz

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
The South
What an awesome gift! Congrats man! Let the naysayers say what they will, but the provari just works. All the time, no excuses, no fiddling. It just works.

I've got both, and use mainly the Provari, but don't throw out that MVP - it's nice to have both. The MVP makes for a nice backup, or, in my case, I like to have different flavors going at one time.

I second, third, quadruple, whatever, the Kayfun sentiment. My personal preference is for the ehpro KFL+, works great on the Provari!

Nacon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wow that was a lot of hate real quick, but the love trumped it anyways so who cares. Good looking out people! Just wanted to share my excitement AND satisfaction with this device. When it comes to vaping I like a lot of options, but also to keep it simple. Can't so no to a gift either!! Considering the jump in quality and the fact that I will now have haters in the vape world for my status icon...I'm obviously doing something right. Something I learned while working fulltime in the music scene...when you're headed in the right direction, you're gonna get haters.

This thread is not a discussion of preferences or suggestions. OP is happy with his gift, let him be happy, for Pete's sake.

This Provari and other mods bickering belongs somewhere that's not here. Cut it out.

Now back to the OP:

Good looks! Thank you! Keeps me having faith in ECF. Haters gon' hate!

Congrats! Unfortunately, owning a ProVari comes with a price. You will be criticized for appreciating such an outdated, over priced, limited, ugly, heavy and obsolete device. You will be accused of using it as a status symbol...you will become a "fanboi" because you like it.

It's ok.....you're amongst friends.

I enjoy all aspects of vaping. Sub-ohm drippers on mechs all the way to a rebuilt EVOD on an ego battery. A 1.2 ohm build in a kayfun lite on top of a ProVari is very hard to beat for an all day, trouble free vape. It simply works every single time. I'll always have at least 1 on me. I doubt you'll ever need to take advantage of ProVapes customer service or service department, but if you do, you'll be impressed. They stand behind their products.

Well said dude! Thank you! I believe what you're saying about the KayFun, thing's a beast! I may get the Russian look-alike because I order a lot on MBV. Either way my game's been upped so i gotta up the game! Really looking forward to hitting that spot with style and consistency. Provari ...!

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Wow that was a lot of hate real quick, but the love trumped it anyways so who cares. Good looking out people! Just wanted to share my excitement AND satisfaction with this device. When it comes to vaping I like a lot of options, but also to keep it simple. Can't so no to a gift either!! Considering the jump in quality and the fact that I will now have haters in the vape world for my status icon...I'm obviously doing something right. Something I learned while working fulltime in the music scene...when you're headed in the right direction, you're gonna get haters.

Good looks! Thank you! Keeps me having faith in ECF. Haters gon' hate!

Well said dude! Thank you! I believe what you're saying about the KayFun, thing's a beast! I may get the Russian look-alike because I order a lot on MBV. Either way my game's been upped so i gotta up the game! Really looking forward to hitting that spot with style and consistency. Provari ...!

If you're gonna go with a KFL and if I may be so bold- look into either a black edition from Artemus or a V2 from ehpro
I'll link below- I have an authentic and those two, I prefer the v2 the most with the black being closely behind. They have larger airflow holes and are a tad easier to fill- IMHO.
V2 ehpro
http://www.fluidvapes.com/kayfun-li...currency=USD&gclid=COPm_uL27b4CFeIWMgod8n4A1Q

Black edition
http://www.custommodcreation.com/shop/288/black-edition-kayfun-v3

Eta: fixed spelling
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread