• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Making my 1st big Mod purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Ok so we have been vaping for almost a year, and feel lime it is time to step it up a bit.

We vape juggles juice exclusively, we started with a couple tiny volt batteries. In less then a week we went to 600mah egoc upgrades, then a few weeks later to 1100 ego twists. I later bought a couple 1300 egov batteries that I was never happy with. Day to day I carry one ego twist with 2 ego c upgrades. All using mini novas.

I carry my ego case with 3 batteries and 6 tanks. Now we are considering moving on up, and the provari seems to be my next step. My dad has 2 evics and both of his control heads died just under a year and it cost him almost 200 to replace both heads. My g/f thinks the provari/evic is too big. So what is the best upgrade for her? And should I order my provari cases from provape and the batteries from elsewhere? Or is provape my best bet?

I know now provape won't ship the actual batteries, but after pricing it out I can get the batteries for cheaper if my gf wants a smaller mod from someone else.

any help or advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
We haven't even seen a provari or a mini in the wild. She prefers the 1100 ego twists and doesn't want people to think she carrying a dildo. From what I have read the mini is less then a quarter in long, so we are talking the size between 1100 and 900 ego, just way fatter. She wants something similar to an 1100 ego-t with more punch.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
You might think of getting her a beautiful and diminutive simplicity 18350 or 500, its a little beast, its tiny but hits like its big sister the ELA.
The one on the right is my 350, as you can see its not much taller than a 35mm standard boge cartomizer.
If she likes to use a regulated mod then you can get her the Kicklet to go with it.
Super T ~ Simplicity

Here is mine. SHe is a little over 2 1/2 inches and 20mm wide.

4ucz.jpg

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
You might think of getting her a beautiful and diminutive simplicity 18350 or 500, its a little beast, its tiny but hits like its big sister the ELA.
The one on the right is my 350, as you can see its not much taller than a 35mm standard boge cartomizer.
If she likes to use a regulated mod then you can get her the Kicklet to go with it.
Super T ~ Simplicity

Here is mine. SHe is a little over 2 1/2 inches and 20mm wide.

4ucz.jpg

I have to say she isn't much of a tinkerer is the pv1 is right up her alley and less then I had planned to spend on her big gift. It is almost perfect if I could see it from a few different angles.

The one thing I can't see, or I am missing so etching is that the pv1 isn't vv. I don't care about wattage, but she needs to be able to turn it up as she sees fit. That's why we went to the twists. No change no sale. .... it was so close.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Is the Pv 1 variable voltage? I can't see anything on the site that it is. Those are some nice mod pics and helping to push my decision, but as I said she doesn't want an evic style battery.

Not vv, not regulated, but I don't miss it when using that device. I have found the coil ohm that is ideal for the juices I use with it and have no need to tweak voltage for a good vape. With double the cutoff time from my vvs, I can get great draws from the ProVape-1 that I can't get out of the vvs.

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
TBH - I would just go with a MVP v2. You'll save some coin as well.

I agree. I ordered an MVP 2 from 101vape (they upped their shipping to $8.99 to Canada, but it's still less than fifty bucks, delivered) thinking 'well, it'd be all right for home.' Once I got it, I was surprised at how small it is, and it hasn't left my coat pocket since. Lasts a couple of days on a charge, can charge your cell phone, and you can get skins for it to make it look like whatever you want.

Float it by the missus, see what she thinks. Make sure to tell her it's smaller than it looks, very purse-able, smaller than a pack of analogs. Not so much with a clearo on top, but you can take it off and screw it on when you need it if that's a huge deal.

bdpf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
It's from ogcigs.com.

I don't think they build these, but they do make custom hand blown Pyrex tanks that are kinda cool. They have grommet ends not standard end caps.

Here is another tank from them

ary3egud.jpg

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!
Pretty neat, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread