Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I tend to use a 18350 mech in the car. I like the small form factor and am willing to build a little higher coils and tolerate the short battery life to have it. I'm currently using a Chi-You with the 350 tube, but I'm looking for smaller. Any recommendations for a shorter tube mod than that setup? I already know about the Hammer, thanks :)

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
The SMPL is pretty damn short, and they do sell 350 tubes for it. But youve gotta be warned, theres no top cap on it its a direct to the top of the battery connection, so theres another level of safety involved there. Your atomizer has to have just the right kinda 510 pin on it or you risk shorting it.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Caravela is the best I've found. It also feel like about 1/2 the weight of my Chi You.

Chi You - Caravela - Nemesis, all three set up with 18500 tubes.
    P1000810_zps0b8810ca.jpg

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Ergh.... There's the microstick, but that's kind of "boxy" because tank is side-by-side with the battery. There's the iStick Mini, but that's not mech.
    Microstick, huh? I just Googled it. I can live with that, I think. Thanks.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    The SMPL is pretty damn short, and they do sell 350 tubes for it. But youve gotta be warned, theres no top cap on it its a direct to the top of the battery connection, so theres another level of safety involved there. Your atomizer has to have just the right kinda 510 pin on it or you risk shorting it.
    Yeah, the hybrid top cap bothers me some. I use Foggers and Lemos for tanks, mostly, and they have protruding pins. Even so, if you start to dimple the battery contact screwing the atty on it directly, that could become an issue.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    I'd suggest a GP Paps 18350. Simply the best mechanical switches I've ever used and it's not even close. The newly released Paps V4 looks fantastic. If I was still using tube mechs, I'd be all over a V4. I previously owned V3s in 18500 and 18650.

While not as short as the Paps, a Poldiac is 18350 mode is pretty awesome as well, assuming you can roll with a side fire switch. Here's my old Poldi in 350 mode... the Squape R is nearly taller than the mod, lol. This was a great setup BTW - perfect for driving.

ZRIAx9p.jpg

WattWick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    I'm a fan of the MMVapors Nanos. Only nit to pick is the (single-lock) locking mechanism isn't to be 100% trusted in 100% of all pockets. If you're looking for a short mod to use in your car, tho... it's an excellent choice, if I dare say so.

Do note the Nanos comes in two different diameters. The slightly larger "normal" one (22.6 or .7mm?) and the 22mm Nanos Sleek.

Mods

They're short, and shorter still if your atty can handle a hybrid adapter. Nemesis hybrid discs fit.

IiPYvSb.jpg

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    For driving, the Poldiac is wonderful. No worries about locking and unlocking. It is taller than most mechs due to the side switch, but worth it for safety IMO. The Microstick would be as well.

I've also taken out my Phenom clone because I can lock and unlock it with my pinky finger, but I think they only come in 18650 form. I can also do the same with my Skeleton Key clone, but its also tall and very heavy.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    I tend to use a 18350 mech in the car. I like the small form factor and am willing to build a little higher coils and tolerate the short battery life to have it. I'm currently using a Chi-You with the 350 tube, but I'm looking for smaller. Any recommendations for a shorter tube mod than that setup? I already know about the Hammer, thanks :)

since you have a chiyou already, look at the astro;
    same threads (m21x1) as your chi you, and it is telescopic, and it has floating centerpin.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

paulparnham

May 25, 2015
    Yeah, the hybrid top cap bothers me some. I use Foggers and Lemos for tanks, mostly, and they have protruding pins. Even so, if you start to dimple the battery contact screwing the atty on it directly, that could become an issue.
    it doesn't really become an issue because u screw your atty on first then put your battery in then the firing button so your not really using any force to connect 510 on atty to top of battery

Reactions: suprtrkr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread