Menthol Eucalytus oil as flavor...the cough drop effect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdep

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2013
Las Vegas, USA
This is a question on the use of a particular flavor and the brand too. Menthol Eucalytus oil from LorAnn Inc. seems to be super concentrated and used to make cough drops. would this be a good product to use for vaping ? I would think Nic would get stuck in the menthol oil similar to a cough drop and provide even a bit higher percent of Nic to the blood stream , thereby possibly increasing the effectiveness ?

I am DIY with 24 mg Nic / VG ...no PG, ...12 % Distilled water and currently am trying to find a menthol flavor that is all natural and No PG.

Basically as "Minimal as possible" as far as chemicals go. also looking for anything possible to "ENHANCE" the % Absorption rate of my Nic juice.

Here is the low down on the product

Our Menthol-Eucalyptus oil is a natural, food grade essential oil with no added ingredients. Perfect for making homemade cough drops!
A little goes a long way!
LorAnn’s super strength flavors (also known as candy oils or flavoring oils) are three to four times the strength of water or alcohol-based flavorings or “extracts”.
Note: When substituting these flavors for extracts, use ¼ to ½ teaspoon for 1 teaspoon of extract.
Kosher certified
Gluten-free & sugar-free
Soluble in water
Appropriate for use in chocolates and coatings (typical use is ¼ to ½ teaspoon per pound)

Please..Chime in !

Steve -

Attachments

• 0860-0500_1_Menthol Eucalyptus Oil Natural 1 Ounce.jpg
    0860-0500_1_Menthol Eucalyptus Oil Natural 1 Ounce.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Steve

Oils as a rule are not recommended for vaping. that description doesn't give enough information as far as what base is used(PG/VG) if any additives or preseritives are in it. They say what’s not in it but say very little about what is actually in it and that would concern me. The unknown ingredients especially oils may cause health issues. I would not want to take that chance without first talking to the manufacture. I would not even trust the the word of a retailer unless they are familure with products for vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread