Message to premium eJuice vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
The only thing I can say is that it DOES annoy me when I buy a juice from a premium vendor and it tastes nothing like the description on the website nor how it's described in rave reviews only to hear, 'Hey bro, ya gotta let it steep for a week or so!,'. NO. I'm tired of hearing that excuse. Juice vendors, if your juice can't taste good right out of the mailbox, stop mixing that juice and try again. It's honestly my biggest pet peeve in vaping, right before fiddly devices that don't work well until you mess about with them. vaping is the only area in which you have to mess about with a product after you buy it in order to get it to perform well, all the while everyone acting like it's normal and grousing at you if you dare complain about it.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
The only thing I can say is that it DOES annoy me when I buy a juice from a premium vendor and it tastes nothing like the description on the website nor how it's described in rave reviews only to hear, 'Hey bro, ya gotta let it steep for a week or so!,'. NO. I'm tired of hearing that excuse. Juice vendors, if your juice can't taste good right out of the mailbox, stop mixing that juice and try again. It's honestly my biggest pet peeve in vaping, right before fiddly devices that don't work well until you mess about with them. Vaping is the only area in which you have to mess about with a product after you buy it in order to get it to perform well, all the while everyone acting like it's normal and grousing at you if you dare complain about it.

Part of being on bleeding edge.
Don't want to do that, get a Blu or an Njoy.

They are still perfecting lots of delivery systems, power systems, and e-liqs. Give it 10 years. Think of the computers and some of the first home computers. (or some of the first cars!)
This tech isn't 10 years old yet.
There is straight dependable tech, and e-liqs and power systems available. The problem is, we are looking for more than just OK, I guess it works.
Sometimes when you do that, you have to fiddle with things.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
I usually prefer a 65/35 or 70/30 blend. If a vendor has a juice I like presteeped at 50/50, would I buy that instead? You bet I would.

I see the argument from those who want their stuff fresh made. For myself though, I will always gladly buy stuff that is steeped ahead for me, even if the ratio is a little different. You can't tell me that popular vendors out there couldn't mix up a decent supply of their most popular juices at the most popular ratio and nic level and find themselves sitting on spare juice. I think people would snap it up.

My .02

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Part of being on bleeding edge.
Don't want to do that, get a Blu or an Njoy.

Blu and NJoy are just as imperfect. Believe me, I know. I used both in disposable versions to get off analogues before I even knew there were other options. I would open and hit every NJoy right in 7-11 before walking out the door. About one in ten doesn't work at all and many more were marginal. Good points in your comment though I would argue that quality control and overall good business practices by manufacturers of juices here in the good ol' USA should be ahead of the curve vs. toss-able mass produced mechanical things from China at this point in the game.

WBB0

Jul 28, 2013
US
Im not protesting the thread and I have no problem with people voicing there opinion
But when it goes beyond that and starts sounding like wanting to force change its concerning

How in the hell is a forum thread on the web "forcing change?" It's simply an opinion, shared by some, opposed by others.

Back on subject, I feel pretty much any vendor should be able to have at least a few of their popular mixes steeped and ready to go. Well, if they feel it needs steeping anyway. Can't expect that for every possible combination, but surely there are a few standards for every vendor.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
How in the hell is a forum thread on the web "forcing change?" It's simply an opinion, shared by some, opposed by others.

Back on subject, I feel pretty much any vendor should be able to have at least a few of their popular mixes steeped and ready to go. Well, if they feel it needs steeping anyway. Can't expect that for every possible combination, but surely there are a few standards for every vendor.

There are a few trying to do that (Nicoticket is one that comes to mind, where CLS and Creme Brulee in 50/50 12 or 18mg and not extra shots will be available in pre-steeped).
But I read more about many of the places not being able to keep up, let alone get ahead at this point.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I guess it is supply and demand. If a vendor is not selling enough juice at this higher price point, they will eventually have to lower it to get rid of aging stock. Once mixed it doesn't last forever. I just paid $20 x 2 plus $5 shipping for radiator pluid to see what the hype is about. I do feel like it was over priced when the actual cost to make it and the glass bottle (no freaking eye dropper included w.t.f) is marginal at best.

The industry is evolving at a quick pace. Like any business vendors need to listen to the needs of their customers and take our views or opinions into consideration. Gimmicks and marketing only go so far, money speaks.

A good example of thinking outside the box would be ahlusion.us .... Ordered some juice from them a couple of weeks ago and get an email for my opinion on said purchase. Not for public view, but for them to hear what I think personally. They take this info and create a profile on me and try and tailor the next order to my needs and personal taste. Kinda blew me away. For doing this they give you a 15% coupon that is good for two weeks on next order. They do many of their extracts for flavoring themselves. For this I don't mind paying a bit more.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
There are a few trying to do that (Nicoticket is one that comes to mind, where CLS and Creme Brulee in 50/50 12 or 18mg and not extra shots will be available in pre-steeped).
But I read more about many of the places not being able to keep up, let alone get ahead at this point.

That's funny. After reading and commenting a couple times in this thread, I ordered CLS and CB from Nicoticket a couple hours ago. Partly on principle and partly because they sound so darned good! Lol. So, thanks to whoever brought them into this discussion.

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
So much this. Calivapr, you seem to be the one that's upset here.

dMqKSWh.gif

Hmmm... nah.

Whether it's true or not, I like to believe that at some point in the past, somebody asked if they could have their cigarettes pre-rolled.

If that is true, for sure that person would have had to deal with all kinds of protestations. I've been around long enough to know that the market eventually always wins.

I'm not here to offend anyone, make any specific attacks, nor get baited by childish GIF's. Just to state some reasonable facts about the market for juice. Obviously many agree.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Who do you buy from that does this?

Every bottle I have bought from Halo has been good out of the mailbox. They steep before sending out a particular lot. There are rare occasions where there is a run on a particular flavor, which has been sent out before their usual steep time, but I am yet to get any of those. Some still steep Halo juices, but I don't notice any difference between a bottle that just came out of the mailbox and one I may have had for several months, except for their sweet juices- like Belgian and Shamrock. Those do get more intense with age.

J-ShaZzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
South NJ
www.facebook.com
I've tried cheap mass produced juice before and it was a waste of money. I'm happy to pay a premium for juice that I enjoy. Yes it is a PIA when you have to wait sometimes, but I just vape on another flavor until the other is ready. I also enjoy customizing my juices. Plus I like the fact that I know it's freshly made and not sitting in a barrel somewhere. Lol.

So I will continue to pay the price and wait until I start making my own.

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
Hmmm... nah.

Whether it's true or not, I like to believe that at some point in the past, somebody asked if they could have their cigarettes pre-rolled.

If that is true, for sure that person would have had to deal with all kinds of protestations. I've been around long enough to know that the market eventually always wins.

I'm not here to offend anyone, make any specific attacks, nor get baited by childish GIF's. Just to state some reasonable facts about the market for juice. Obviously many agree.

Agreed. If I buy a premium juice at a super premium price I believe super premium service and product should be returned. As many have mentioned just don't shop those places. And that's how the market will win and self govern itself since people will stop buying from those places.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
It seems like the premium juice makers, perhaps with the exception of the giants- Halo and Johnson Creek(who have larger capacity) generally have more demand for their products, since many have limited hours when they take orders, or are out of stock on some juices. The market has spoken; the majority of vapers will pay a 'premium' for quality e-juice- whether it 'needs' to steep, or not.

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
... The market has spoken; the majority of vapers will pay a 'premium' for quality e-juice- whether it 'needs' to steep, or not.

Where markets are is not as important as where markets are headed. Few markets are bigger than the market for immediate gratification. If you want to argue against that, be my guest. No thread or internet argument will even remotely alter the certainty of the market's tendency to move towards immediate gratification.

PS: You mentioned that Halo juices come "steeped." That is not entirely correct. Some Halo juices need to be steeped in order to match their respective product descriptions. Guess how I know that.

Last edited:

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
PS: You mentioned that Halo juices come "steeped." That is not entirely correct. Some Halo juices need to be steeped in order to match their respective product descriptions. Guess how I know that.

Yep.. I have a 30ml of Tribecca sitting in the steep box with six bottles of juice from another "premium" vendor. The difference is the the Tribecca was vapable from the mailbox but needs a week or so. I can live with that. The "other" may never be vapable. It's been three weeks already and it still tastes like carb and choke cleaner.. This IS an issue for many of us. I will certainly not re-order from the company that "I'm told" needs many weeks, if not months before its even enjoyable, if ever. These types will be will be the first to go. I predict pre-steeped juices to become the norm from anyone who truly makes premium juices within a year, or maybe two. They guys making carb and choke cleaner will be exposed for what they are soon enough. Good times ahead.

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN

All I'm saying is when this language turns to
I don't see your point of having to spend so much time educating myself on the logistics
Customers aren't interested in CAN'T. They are interested in CAN

it turns out bad just like you see people protesting McDonald's wanting $15 an hour

im not saying don't voice opinions of coarse do so by all means

but when it turns unreasoning and demanding like that with no care about the ability to meet the demands that's where it turns
just like so much is changing in our country now it all starts with that attitude

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Where markets are is not as important as where markets are headed. Few markets are bigger than the market for immediate gratification. If you want to argue against that, be my guest. No thread or internet argument will even remotely alter the certainty of the market's tendency to move towards immediate gratification.

Not sure where you are going. Your bottom-dollar Hangsen and other Chinese-made mystery juices certainly don't provide immediate gratification, except for those on a budget, who force themselves to vape sewage juice for the sake of saving a buck.
You are also not happy with 'premium' juices. Maybe you should try pre-filled cartos.

Actually, it is. They do come pre-steeped. Some not as long as others, if they are low on stock, but they are all pre-steeped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread