Message to premium eJuice vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicadmus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
You can add me to the group that would prefer pre-steeped liquid when paying a premium price. I'm not angry about the situation, and understand why it's not more common, but that doesn't change the fact I would still prefer it.

Ahlusion offers Xpress liquids that are pre-steeped for example, and I would like to see more vendors do something similar. It's not an outrageous idea at all, in my opinion, and it's surprising to me how defensive some people get over the topic. The line "go buy Dekang then" is just silly to me.

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
Yawn is right.

There are very good reasons why juice makers who do not have multi-million-dollar operations cannot have every flavor in every mix ratio and nic strength onhand in unlimited quantity and steeped to perfection at all times. If that isn't clear as a bell to everyone who vapes by now, those who don't understand will never understand. These threads are as old as Moses. What's the point of rehashing this stuff every week?

All you guys that cry about "rehashing" of things you have heard before are all the same, and sadly predictable. In fact, your frustrated responses are just as predictable as rehashing the topic itself.

If the repetition of the topic is making you miserable, you equally contribute to your own misery by even responding and participating in the thread.

The market for vaping is going to grow over 100 times its size of the next several years. There will be legions of new people that's going to come here and ask for their juice to be steeped. Over and over and over again.

If that annoys you, do not participate in the thread! Do not be offended! Do not respond! Do not get mad! You yourself say this will happen again next week, yet you keep coming back like Rocky Balboa, coz you'll just get pummeled by the sheer number of new people with the energy to argue with you. This week, that would be me. Next week, it will be someone else.

So go sit down in your corner already, and let the new guys say what they need to without having to come back all upset and pretend to be intelligent. It doesn't take a genius to figure out this is a topic that will be rehashed a million times.

Last edited:

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
I think there is plenty of room for both kinds. The pre-steeped at "standard" choices, and then the customize it to where you want it will need to be steeped. (like Ahlusions and Nicoticket are doing).

(and some people like Dekang and Liqua )

Exactly if some people want to wait they can wait. However, it doesn't hurt for vendors to listen to their potential customers either. If they end up losing out to vendors who do listen it's them who is hurt the most. I suppose if they go out of business it will hurt the customers who enjoyed their products but again that will not be anyone's fault but their own for not keeping up.

I do know that I will continue to advise new people against buying from companies that do not pre-steep or offer juice that doesn't need to steep in the first place. Why? Because new members don't yet know what they like at all and their taste buds are changing so fast that by the time it steeps they might like something else entirely and often the same juice from the same company doesn't steep the same way. It simply saves a lot of time, money and disappointment to buy from companies that get it to you ready to vape.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
It doesn't take a genius to figure out this is a topic that will be rehashed a million times.

Nope, just a troll. Everyone else has learned how to use the search function to find ancient arguments. Meanwhile, the FDA may decide to put all the juice in pre-filled cartos and reduce your choices to "tobacco" and menthol, at which point arguing over steeping will be moot, and you'll have to find some new flames to fan.

lam7

May 21, 2012
VA
There are always people who won't be satisfied with anything. If the premium mixers weren't making a quality product, they would soon find themselves out of customers, once the 'hype' has worn off. Oddly, they seem to be growing. They charge whatever price point the market will tolerate.

If the bottom dollar mystery juices could command a premium price, I'm sure the re-sellers would raise the prices. At one point, they may have been as costly as the premium juices, but had to lower and lower their prices to retain customers. They go after the people who don't care if it is a quality product, but simply buy to meet a price point. If you think the premium mixers don't steep enough, you won't be satisfied with anything. If they steeped longer and were constantly out of stock, you'd be the first complaining they are out of stock.

I'm curious to know what you consider "quality". I've bought liquid from just about every vendor mentioned in these forums and I have not found that price equates to "taste quality." I buy liquid because it taste good and satisfies a craving. Period. There are no other considerations on my part. Anything will be cheaper than the two-pack a day habit I used to have smoking in Boston. That was about 16 dollars a day. So no, I don't search out cheap juice. It's either good, or its not good.

Yes, there are some super cheap juices (Dekang, some MBV juices) where occasionally I get a hint of chemical-ly after taste. But then again, there are super cheap juices (liqua, and some other MBV juices) where it tastes very smooth. But paying a premium price has not, IMO, guaranteed a non-chemically, "cheap" taste.

FFAD214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Jacksboro, TX
I do not mind whether it is pre-steeped or not. When I order pre-made, I just simply know it is pretty much a given that the majority will need to sit for a while so I plan ahead for that. If I am in a rush to vape it I steep it for a few hours in my UC and that solves that problem. I like my juice fresh and not something that has been sitting on a shelf for who knows how long. I also like being able to choose my PG/VG ratios and NIC mgs.Maybe some day they will have it where all juices come pre-steeped, however, expect the cost to go up even on the lover prices ones because that would mean they would need more expensive equipment and in many instances, larger "labs".

PS: Just got my first bottle of PLUID....It rocks majorly!!!!

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I'm curious to know what you consider "quality". I've bought liquid from just about every vendor mentioned in these forums and I have not found that price equates to "taste quality." I buy liquid because it taste good and satisfies a craving. Period. There are no other considerations on my part. Anything will be cheaper than the two-pack a day habit I used to have smoking in Boston. That was about 16 dollars a day. So no, I don't search out cheap juice. It's either good, or its not good.

Yes, there are some super cheap juices (Dekang, some MBV juices) where occasionally I get a hint of chemical-ly after taste. But then again, there are super cheap juices (liqua, and some other MBV juices) where it tastes very smooth. But paying a premium price has not, IMO, guaranteed a non-chemically, "cheap" taste.

I may not like the taste of a particular flavor, but when I pay a 'premium' from a trusted vendor, I know they aren't using ingredients they just happened to get on sale. I also know the bottle I just bought will taste like the one I just finished. If something seems too cheap, there's probably a reason

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
Nope, just a troll. Everyone else has learned how to use the search function to find ancient arguments. Meanwhile, the FDA may decide to put all the juice in pre-filled cartos and reduce your choices to "tobacco" and menthol, at which point arguing over steeping will be moot, and you'll have to find some new flames to fan.

Troll?

Name calling and cheap insults is always what you sensitive guys that take offense end up resorting to. Predictable, as usual.

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
The wine isn't a good comparison, since it's not consumed at the same rate.

Well, we can compare it to perfume, which is consumed at an even lower rate, yet, we don't have to wait weeks for the scent to match the description.

Whatever it is that we may compare it to, it's the price point and what we get for that price is what's at issue. And that price point is totally at par with luxury items.

Due to our dependence, vaping is no luxury. It should therefore follow that the market for juice will be demanding and, most of all, price sensitive.

And so, I'd like to think that asking for juice at those price points to be steeped is far from unreasonable, and in fact beneficial. Everyone stands to benefit by better tasting juice, or juice that truly matches descriptions right out of the bottle, customers will be more pleased, so they buy more, and vendors sell more/stay in business longer.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Not sure why this is such a volatile topic myself. It seems pretty simple to me really. Just received some juice today that was very hyped and quite a disappointment and so it is off to steep.

How's that pre-steeped CLS working out for ya nicoticket :D You will continue to get my business, so keep some on hand!

He's on vacation this week, so I think it's working out pretty well. I'm think the first few orders that get filled when he gets back will get their socks knocked off by the taste!

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
1st off there are not that many above $20 for 30 ml's average is $14-$20 Also usually your getting even better price
when ordering 60 ml's and many times your getting a coupon It's really not that crazy of a price for good liquid
Even halo (which comes presteeped by the way) give a point system and giveaways and coupons

you know what if a vendor has to do presteeped because the market is there
and a few I know are trying but what I see there is much of the times there out of stock
as a business owner I would bet anything they get a lot of call and or emails complaining about them being out of stock so much of the time on the presteeped line with the popular flavs
the only logical solution for them would be to raise prices in order to either slow the order or expand to do more
and another thing that happens I've revieved presteeped that from time to time isn't all that presteeped its the nature of the beast
I think its working much better as it is

Last edited:

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
The general argument I have seen against pre-steeped is that vendors don't want to be sitting on a product that they can't sell all of. I think some of the truly good and popular vendors would be able to pull that off without issue. That would be more of a fix for out of stock than a problem, imo. If they run out of steeped..sell the not steeped. No need to close and face complaints.

All I am saying is that if someone has pre-steeped, that is what I am going for. I'm a bit confused as to why people get so bent over the issue. Someone like nicoticket or ahlusions could probably easily make several gallons of their top sellers with no worries whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread