Corona, Ca, USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Best way to find out would be to try it out. ;-)

I only tried the chimney build 2 or 3 times. For me, there wasn't any noticeable difference. But one thing I like about it is that I could go thru quite a few tanks before I had to rewick. The coil was also less gunked up.

But I went back to the horizontal coil because it's easier for me to change the wicks.

Have a go at it to satisfy your curiosity.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
With vertical coils on KF type attys... I find results similar to those of danny4x4.
I've tried both cotton ball and hemp fiber - fit coils with a gap between positive block and coil, and no gap at all - I've done "folded parallel wire" coils, so both tails come out the bottom.
Although I may still experiment (and isn't that the whole point of RBAs ;-) )... horizontal coils continue to be my preferred type.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
If you can power it, a twisted wire chimney coil is very hard to beat on vapor and flavor.

IMG_1120.jpg

But I'll warn you, you've got to have a LOT of power to get that working right. 12 watts at a bare minimum, and it really doesn't shine until the 15+ watt range.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
If you can power it, a twisted wire chimney coil is very hard to beat on vapor and flavor.

IMG_1120.jpg

But I'll warn you, you've got to have a LOT of power to get that working right. 12 watts at a bare minimum, and it really doesn't shine until the 15+ watt range.

^^^ That is serious business!!! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread