Minor Strawberry Discussion (technically applies to all flavors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please remember, it's not JUST about throwing a bunch of strawberries together. You still have to understand your flavors and percents needed to accomplish the TYPE of strawberry you are looking for. Each strawberry brings a different aspect of the berry to the table. I use almost all strawberries I can find, but each one is used for the specific accent that it can give to the berry I'm looking for as a whole. From Syrup to Fresh ripe berries, it CAN be done.

a few examples.

Body strawberries: TFA Ripe, FA red touch,
Poppy strawberries: Cap SS, TFA strawberry,
Syrup: Real Flavors SC, Flavor Revolution Sweet Strawberry.
INSANELY bright: Inawera Wild strawberry (somewhere between candy, syrup, bright, just delicious, just NOT by itself).

So do your homework on how the strawberry in YOUR recipe is going to taste and use the strawberries needed to accomplish the taste you want.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Please remember, it's not JUST about throwing a bunch of strawberries together. You still have to understand your flavors and percents needed to accomplish the TYPE of strawberry you are looking for. Each strawberry brings a different aspect of the berry to the table. I use almost all strawberries I can find, but each one is used for the specific accent that it can give to the berry I'm looking for as a whole. From Syrup to Fresh ripe berries, it CAN be done.

a few examples.

INSANELY bright: Inawera Wild strawberry (somewhere between candy, syrup, bright, just delicious, just NOT by itself).

So do your homework on how the strawberry in YOUR recipe is going to taste and use the strawberries needed to accomplish the taste you want.

I'm sure this is a good approach for some people, but honestly, way above my head. My taste buds aren't that discriminating and I don't have a huge amount of time and energy to put into designing recipes.

I read the idea of mixing several versions of a fruit to get a better result. I tried it with banana once. mixed 3 different banana flavors at 4% each. It turned out quite nice so I stuck with that recipe for a long time. Could have tried varying the %'s or figuring out what did what, but after 50 years of smoking I don't think I would ever be able to tell the difference.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth

a few examples.

I completely agree. To many times people just use the wrong one or substitute and wonder why there recipes never taste quite right. I dont think I have a single recipe with strawberry that only uses one. Actually almost every fruit flavor takes more than one. Sometimes its not even a strawberry that gets blended to get to a particular flavor profile. For instance, dragonfruit for wetness, fuji for mealiness and so on. Just throwing a couple of SB's together may not get you to where you want to go. It takes some time to learn your flavors but in the end it is well worth the trouble.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
I'm sure this is a good approach for some people, but honestly, way above my head. My taste buds aren't that discriminating and I don't have a huge amount of time and energy to put into designing recipes.

I read the idea of mixing several versions of a fruit to get a better result. I tried it with banana once. mixed 3 different banana flavors at 4% each. It turned out quite nice so I stuck with that recipe for a long time. Could have tried varying the %'s or figuring out what did what, but after 50 years of smoking I don't think I would ever be able to tell the difference.
and you know what, for a lot of people. THAT WORKS! I get it. Smoked for a very long time. Didn't realize I was muting my tastes... Go figure...

That's what it's all about is just not smoking. I love it. DIY. Beauty of it. Do it yourself. If it works for you and keeps ya off the stinkies, then BADASS!

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR

a few examples.

Would you be willing to share your strawberry recipe? It sounds like you might have a good one and as complex as it sounds it would be nice not to have to experiment

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Would you be willing to share your strawberry recipe? It sounds like you might have a good one and as complex as it sounds it would be nice not to have to experiment
Most of them are online in one of the more popular sites that is called by three letters and the first one is E

Reactions: j122068
sure. I'd be happy to build a strawberry for you. What are you looking for? Fresh? Syrup? Bright? Dark? Slightly syrupy? Overly sweet? For cream? etc.

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
sure. I'd be happy to build a strawberry for you. What are you looking for? Fresh? Syrup? Bright? Dark? Slightly syrupy? Overly sweet? For cream? etc.
Thanks!! Im just now getting into DIY with the exception of simple tobaccos. I had a cheese cake from tasty vapor and it was to strong, and I havent liked the cupcake flavoring and waffle juice I tried. I just assumed I didnt like cream or custard because of those experiences. I have only tasted strawberry a couple of times from a friend and it was a light but flavorful artificial type strawberry. it was the only fruit that ive thought, hmm that was good. Im getting strawberry milk shake from V3 today, they claim to use 5 different strawberry flavors for a realistic taste. Ill probably know a little more of what I like after the mail runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread