Money is tight, currently saving up for a new VV/VW device. Help me decide what to get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayryyn

Aug 17, 2013
SANTA FE, NM, USA
Greetings all! I am currently saving up for a new VV/VW device and should have enough money in about 4 months or so. Because money is tight, I want to make sure I get something that is going to last as long as possible.

I am currently using an eVic with the Aspire nautilus. This is the best setup I have used yet, but I feel as the eVic is slowly dying. Doesn’t hit as hard as it used to, sometimes won't turn on, sometimes won't detect my attys, etc...

A few of my friends have Provaris and swear by them. While they do seem to be very well made, I don't like the way the menu system works and I don't like that they are only VV.

I really like the "set it and forget it" aspect of VW, and would prefer my next setup to include it. I have my eye on the Innokin VTR or the iTaste 134, leaning towards the VTR. I know that the Aspire nautilus won't fit without the extension accessory, but I am ok with that.

Really not looking into rba's so that's not an issue.

Any thoughts?

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Just remember to add the cost batteries, with an "s" and good charger. You will need backups while the other one is charging...and don't be cheap on them or charger. There might be time when you will say "Money is tight, currently saving up for mech mod"...you will have the batteries ready.

There is mini 134 coming out soon by Innokin..but if you're really into menu system...go with the VTR. I currently have MVP 2.0, and been happy with it. I even used it with Kayfun 3.1 clone. I like MVP as portable for work and driving around town.

jimbodaddy74

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Everywhere you want to be
I have a VTR and MVP. Functionally, they're both about the same. I like the MVP for the ability to use as an emergency charger for a phone. But the VTR seems to be a bit more rugged. Heavier and the tank is recessed to keep it protected.

The MVP has a non serviceable battery, and the VTR uses a 18650 replaceable battery.

The VTR is more expensive. But either work well on a budget.

Ayryyn

Aug 17, 2013
SANTA FE, NM, USA
I would go with the VTR. I like the 134, and it is pretty cool, but it is a little too "light sabrey" for me.

That said, Innokin is supposedly going to make a "big" announcement soon, so you may want to wait a bit.

Thanks for this! Any idea how "soon" this soon is?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Seems tho the Provari will never lose it's Gusto haha. I don't really care for em that much, I like having the VV and VW. Personally I would recommend a SVD from innokin. It really depends on what you want tho. Box mod or Tube mod. Look around, and like said above there are always new ones coming out so be patient if you can. If you can't cause I know you said you feel like the eVic is taking a poop on ya, look around because there is plenty of options out there for you

ZombieJuice

Nov 12, 2013
Kentucky
What kind of budget are you looking at? If you are wanting very good quality and something that will last then I wouldn't be buying something in the 40-100$ range. Spend the extra money and it will pay off. Seems a DNA 20/30 would be perfect for you since you prefer VW. There are many good mods that use the DNA chip.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Superhawk

Feb 9, 2014
somewhere TN
I'm a total noob but I love my vtr. I don't know your budget. I snagged mine off ebay for 70 bones with one efest battery and a charger. It is the latest version with out the spinning ring that gave others hokie amp readings and it had the innokin scratch off verification number. The charger is ok but I will upgrade to a soda or something later when my budget recovers from starting.

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Plano TX
if you need VV/VW-- I second the dna20 or the 30

if you're okay with just VV then I would suggest the buzzpro II which is $119. The stories of how indestructible that beast is are hilarious, plus if something happens they do a pretty good job of trying to help you fix it, or have you send it in for a small fee to have them fix it.

Ayryyn

Aug 17, 2013
SANTA FE, NM, USA
What kind of budget are you looking at? If you are wanting very good quality and something that will last then I wouldn't be buying something in the 40-100$ range. Spend the extra money and it will pay off. Seems a DNA 20/30 would be perfect for you since you prefer VW. There are many good mods that use the DNA chip.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I am looking for something within the $100-$150 range.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
I am looking for something within the $100-$150 range.

If this is your budget but it is going to be 4 months before it is saved, I think you will have to come back then and ask. It seems this market is changing rapidly so any answers today will probably be old tech. You can get a vv v3 from Innokin for around $30 within a month based on your savings plan. Google the model, I have one and it does everything I need. The MVP is also quite nice for around $50, a box mod with a long lasting 2600 battery.

BUT if you want something with replaceable batteries, add the cost of batteries and charger to your savings, and again I really feel you will have to come back and ask then to get the newest tech.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I would revisit this type of question once you are ready to buy. The industry is always evolving and what was popular 6 months ago is slowly loosing steam and handing over the most talked about title to something else.

I agree.

Dear OP, if you don't need it right away--sit tight. :)

If you want it now--get an iTaste MVP. It's plug and play (you don't need to invest in a charger and batteries), it's dual (510/eGo) threaded, offers vv/vw, ohms reader, 2600 mAh capacity and it works as a passthrough. You can get it for less than $40.

Just buy from a reputable vendor who offers at least 30 day warranty--just in case.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread