Most recent order of Smoketech 1.7 tank carts=Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8v8p

Apr 30, 2012
pottstown pa
I have using Smoketech Cartomizers 1.7 for awhile now in my tanks,on and with pretty good reliability,but this last batch of twenty i ordered were crap. Afew of the carts i thought, yep thats burnt,then to tear them apart and look and its not burnt,so i wasted carts and add to that the wasted juice that was in the carts,I also noticed that on a few the three holes,sometimes two of the three holes werent even producing little bubbles. Is anyone else having issues,or is Smoketech trying to join BogeGate?

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
I don't know the answer, but I do know that these are my favorite cartos WHEN WORKING! Smoktech seems to have somewhat consistent reliability issues which is very annoying, because these are all I use after trying everything else out there, including stardusts, vivi nova, EMDCC, etc....

This goes for ressurectors as well, because they are basically the same thing but with no holes.

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
I too recently received some 100% CRAP 1.7 ohm Smoketech's and it is annoying as HELL. Not because I am out the money either.

WTF, 2 of them didn't even have the air holes drilled in the stems and the rest tasted like crap and clogged up quickly.

What annoys me is these were single hole carto's especially made for smoketechs tanks. So you buy their tank, then you buy their cart's to use in their tanks, and they don't work. :nah:

WHY in the World doesn't a quality USA company start manufacturing these things and charging a little MORE for them while at the same time guaranteeing they will work AND making sure they do???????

I would buy them in a heart beat.

It also seems painfully obvious to me that Boges and Smoketechs are made in the same place by the same folks. :nah:

Why else would BOTH of them suddenly be having issues with their products at the same time?

Last edited:

ray1264

Mar 29, 2012
NC
Thank God I'm not the only one!

Ok, I've been vaping with the Smoketech 1.7's for around 6 months. Best carto EVER but...My last two batches have me thinking I was either losing it or somehow forgot how to fill a carto correctly.

I have had the problem with the regular size, the mega size, AND the one made for tanks with 2 holes drilled.

Here's what happens with the regular cartos...I fill them up, they work great for a few hours and then that TASTE comes, that awful, hard to describe (but not like it's been burnt) taste. Kind of chemically. Like you took the plastic rings from a 6 pack and lit them on fire then inhaled it kind of taste. So out it goes and a new carto is filled. Same thing. This has been happening for at least a few weeks. Carto after carto tossed away. I try a new vendor and the SAME thing happens.

Let's discuss the tank carto. For whatever reason it won't absorb the juice. First I thought it was a bad tank so I order a few new ones. Works for an hour or so then nothing. It's obvious no juice it getting in the holes and all it's burning is the juice I primed it with. Then after trying 4 of these (one after another) I find one that works. It's absorbing juice! Yay! Oh wait, there's that funny taste again. Out it goes.

I thought I must be doing something wrong. I go back and watch all the videos I can on how to fill a tank (even though I've always done it the same way for the past 6 months). Yup, I'm doing it correctly. I even leave a tank with a filled carto overnight to give it 8 hours to soak in. Next day, same thing. Then I thought maybe (for no logical reason) it's the juice. So even though I make my own, I go down to my handy dandy local brick and mortar e-cig store and buy a bottle of their juice. Same thing.

Houston, we have a problem.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
All these cartos, clearos, and CE whatevers all come from China. Quality control is obviously suffering because of an apparant increase in demand because of more people vaping to stop smoking. These devices all have to be made by hand, and the workers are likely being pressured to meet quantity quotas. I don't get the feeling the Chinese executives give a rat's :censored: about quality control but are only concerned about money. Since American vendors likely only have a limited resource of suppliers from China, their options are probably limited. That leaves us poor customers to suffer the consequence and little recourse.

zencatx

Aug 1, 2012
PA, USA
Thank God I'm not the only one!

Ok, I've been vaping with the Smoketech 1.7's for around 6 months. Best carto EVER but...My last two batches have me thinking I was either losing it or somehow forgot how to fill a carto correctly.

I have had the problem with the regular size, the mega size, AND the one made for tanks with 2 holes drilled.

Here's what happens with the regular cartos...I fill them up, they work great for a few hours and then that TASTE comes, that awful, hard to describe (but not like it's been burnt) taste. Kind of chemically. Like you took the plastic rings from a 6 pack and lit them on fire then inhaled it kind of taste. So out it goes and a new carto is filled. Same thing. This has been happening for at least a few weeks. Carto after carto tossed away. I try a new vendor and the SAME thing happens.

Let's discuss the tank carto. For whatever reason it won't absorb the juice. First I thought it was a bad tank so I order a few new ones. Works for an hour or so then nothing. It's obvious no juice it getting in the holes and all it's burning is the juice I primed it with. Then after trying 4 of these (one after another) I find one that works. It's absorbing juice! Yay! Oh wait, there's that funny taste again. Out it goes.

I thought I must be doing something wrong. I go back and watch all the videos I can on how to fill a tank (even though I've always done it the same way for the past 6 months). Yup, I'm doing it correctly. I even leave a tank with a filled carto overnight to give it 8 hours to soak in. Next day, same thing. Then I thought maybe (for no logical reason) it's the juice. So even though I make my own, I go down to my handy dandy local brick and mortar e-cig store and buy a bottle of their juice. Same thing.

Houston, we have a problem.

ray1264, you just described EXACTLY what I've been experiencing with my last two purchases of Kangers from VaporKings. They work great for a couple of hours and then lose flavor and seem to be totally gunked up with an impossibly hard draw. And like you, I went and rewatched all the videos on filling, and then I also decided it had to be my juice. A fresh batch of 20 (ordered before I noticed this problem) came today so I made a real point of filling them with a different juice .... and the exact same thing is happening. Is this how the defective Boge's perform?? It seems like there's a universally bad run of all brands of cartos on the market right now.

n8v8p

Apr 30, 2012
pottstown pa
@ray and zen, i just went thru 3 carts,1.7 all with that odd taste,not the typical burnt taste,worse,almost like they were in a warehouse fire is the only way i could describe it,and then it lingered in my sinuses and mouth til i hit the mouth wash,these carts were from a different vendor,than my original post,hell i thought i had a good batch,i even got thru a whole 10 ml s of juice with the same cartomizer.And like Baditude said,China quality control sucks,its all about the dollar,and after the taste of those last carts,who the hell knows what we inhaled! F.U. CHINA!

Wooky

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Well at least I feel that I am not going crazy!! All of this is happening to my cart ... well, in fact I just got another batch of 5 yesterday and so far the two that I have tried are now in the trash? I ordered another five from another nedor last night? That burning, plastic taste is unbelievable not counting the waste of ejuice!!

jgriff63

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
United States
I was beginning to think I was crazy...I used to get several days out of a 1.7 carto...now one day, if I am lucky! I have tried several different vendors, all the same result, so it seems like supply is going downhill. They get clogged quickly, uncomfortably hot...I have been searching for some kind of replacement.

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
Just to update this thread, I acquired 10 more Smoketech Single Coil XL 1.7 ohm SS Cartomizers for my tanks and they are still CRAP. They start off OK for the first couple hours but then suddenly they taste burnt as hell and are unvapeable. When they do "burn" they let off a very thick. heavy, disgusting tasting white smoke on the first drag after going to hell.

I KNOW I am NOT letting them get dry, it's more like something plastic just suddenly burns inside them. and as soon as that happens they are done for taste wise.

It's REALLY ANNOYING as hell cuz I REALLY enjoy vaping out of a tank with a GOOD cartomizer.

I bought this batch from Hoosiers E Cig Supply and have NOTHING against Hoosiers personally (they didn't MAKE them they are just selling them like all the other vendors do) but I thought some of you might want to know where they came from. Really we outta all be posting who's got Good and Bad ones. It might be helpful in figuring out what is going on with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread