MTL RDA...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Apologies to admin. I don't know where to post this.

Here's the thing...I never should've discovered dripping...then again i'm soooo glad I did.
I entered the vaping world a year ago and through trial an error (and off course many moneys spent) I found myself to be a exclusive tobacco MTL'r. Got nothing against cloud chasing DL...it just doesn't appeal to me at all... I do some restricted DL sometimes though. Anyway....In my spending spree I got myself a Derringer rda. Found the airflow to be way to much, so I converted it to a one hole 1.5mm MTL dripper. Man the flavour is fantastic.
Now my problem...I use my 3 best flavour RTAs on a rotation all day...kayfun prime, Skyline and the Hussar. None however has as good/true flavour as the little Derringer.
I've been wondering lately...surely there is other MTLrs out there that relates to this situation?
I'm on the hunt now for RDAs that can be used as MTL devices...any suggestions? The problem as always for a MTLr is the AIRFLOW...!!!
So far i'm eyeing these...

YFTK Speed Up Style RDA Silver 316SS 18mm Rebuildable Atomizer

Authentic GAS Mods Nixon V1.0 RDTA Silver 2ml 22mm Tank Atomizer

Also this one but don't know how good it will be with the airflow turned down...

Coppervape NarBa Style RDTA Silver 316SS 3ml 22mm Tank Atomizer

Yeah that's me...Sorry for the long rambling. Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Freddie.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
I’m currently using the Snapdragon 1.5 RDA from Eden Mods and works very well just notice that it is easy to overdrip. I only single coil it and set the airflow to one hole, that gives me a nice MTL vape with a 0.8 ohm coil and using a mech

I’ve heard that the Hadaly from Psyclone Mods works also as a nice MTL rda

Still I’m a Kayfun fan and mostly a RTA user

#prayformexico

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Older rdas have much lower airflow than newer ones. The velocity RDA airflow is on a screw thread and can actually be reduced to zero. Lots of possibilities in the discount rack of your local vape shop though. Me I’d just call it done and stick with the derringer you got. It’s a cool looking atty and so tiny.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Reactions: stols001

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Well, that's not completely true...

Titanium mods came out with Achilles 24 and has some available.

I went through a similar search about a year ago, splurged on an Achilles II and have zero regrets.

That 24 looks great to me, shorter and no engraving.
    Thanks for sharing that, I was unaware they had a 24.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Did some googling about regarding this Achilles thing and heard the magma referred to as an Achilles clone. I’ve got a magma. Doesn’t seem like a clone to me. Not a bad flavor RDA. Definitely mtl though. I didn’t like it all that much myself. How does the magma compare to the Achilles?

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    I don't have a clue! Tall posts seem to be the biggest similarity.

As I recall Achilles was very popular and hard to get. Clone helped create bigger following, but by time Achilles 2 came out with more modern air flow control, kayfun tank styles took over much of the market. Then came the wave of mechs, subohm and lots of drippers made for that trend.

Fed up with searching for a new tasting rba, (dripper) i went old school to one very simple titanium Atty i was too cheap to purchase in its day and I'm quite pleased. :)

listopencil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Apologies to admin. I don't know where to post this.

Here's the thing...I never should've discovered dripping...then again i'm soooo glad I did.
    I entered the vaping world a year ago and through trial an error (and off course many moneys spent) I found myself to be a exclusive tobacco MTL'r. Got nothing against cloud chasing DL...it just doesn't appeal to me at all... I do some restricted DL sometimes though. Anyway....In my spending spree I got myself a Derringer RDA. Found the airflow to be way to much, so I converted it to a one hole 1.5mm MTL dripper. Man the flavour is fantastic.
    Now my problem...I use my 3 best flavour RTAs on a rotation all day...Kayfun prime, Skyline and the Hussar. None however has as good/true flavour as the little Derringer.
    I've been wondering lately...surely there is other MTLrs out there that relates to this situation?
    I'm on the hunt now for RDAs that can be used as MTL devices...any suggestions? The problem as always for a MTLr is the AIRFLOW...!!!
    So far i'm eyeing these...

YFTK Speed Up Style RDA Silver 316SS 18mm Rebuildable Atomizer

Authentic GAS Mods Nixon V1.0 RDTA Silver 2ml 22mm Tank Atomizer

Also this one but don't know how good it will be with the airflow turned down...

Coppervape NarBa Style RDTA Silver 316SS 3ml 22mm Tank Atomizer

Yeah that's me...Sorry for the long rambling. Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Freddie.
    I do MTL. The SV rda clone is the only atomizer I use.
    $8.24 SV Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I do MTL. The SV rda clone is the only atomizer I use.
    Very nice. Its a dedicated mtl device. Don't see many of those. What size is that single air hole?
    It's similar to my derringer after I modified it. Even the juice well looks the same size.
    I get about 10 drops into the derringer (when saturated). How many you get into that?

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Still I’m a Kayfun fan and mostly a RTA user
    Me to..I love my tanks, but i'm evolving more into a flavour addict lately. There is something about the tank chimneys that affects the flavour profile I think.
    The same liquid has a different taste in every tank that I mentioned above. All good tastes, but for me, the truest/best/most appealing taste, I get from the derringer rda.

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I ended up ordering a Speed up, Narba and the Magma.
    The thing is RDAs is designed so it gives unrestricted airflow. With MTL the right restriction is paramount....like I sigarette filter. Its not open...its got a draw to it.
    Its all about the air hole size. I saw that when I modified the Derringer...0.5 makes a huge difference.

The ones ordered will hopefully be either ready and right, or if not, they can be modified easy(ish).
    I'm also on the hunt for the single coil Achilles. Really liking the looks (and workings) of that one...!
    Will see how it goes.
    A big thanks again to everyone... :thumb:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread