Mvp 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohc1996

Sep 8, 2013
USA
I'm new here and wanted to first introduce myself. I've been using an e-cig for about a year now. I love it! Haven't smoked a regular cigarette in a year. I started out with a local mall brand. I've since found that the mall brand is over priced and didn't offer near the functionality that existed with other kits. Which leads me to my question.

After doing some research I decided to pick up the MVP 2.0 from a local shop. So far its great and I love it. It is much improved from the kit I had been using. The MVP kit came with an iclear 30 and I also picked up another tank, Vivi Nova with a 3.5ml tank. I've only been using it for a little over a day now so I'm still getting use to it. I have some questions and thought this would be a great source for help.

What atomizers/tanks are compatible with the MVP 2.0 and what do you recommend?

I've noticed the iclear 30 goes through liquid faster then the Vivi Nova. Is this normal?

Also, do you guys have an tips/suggestions to a new user?

Thank you for your help.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
A lot of your juice is soaked in all those wicks.

I use Kanger Evods for out and about, Protank, Carto tanks and the iclears (16 and 30) on the MVP. I just bought a second Smoktech Artemas tank, which I think is a great buy at that price for the MVP.

I mostly use carto tanks and the iclears though, they provide the best flavor and cloud.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
The iClear 30s are dual coil clearomizers, so yes you will be going through juice more quickly. When you fire the MVP with an iClear30, you are actually firing two atomizers at the same time. I personally don't care much for the iClear line of clearos, but they definitely have their fans on this board.

You have a good shop on your hands. I am still awaiting my MVP 2.0 from a co-op type buy from another forum. Most online vendors do not even have the 2.0s up for sale. I can't wait for mine to come ion the mail. I actually used my older version MVP all the time, but I sold it, so I could use the money to pick up the 2.0. I use RBAs most of the time, so the whole ohm reader/VW features being added onto the MVP made it a must buy type of situation for me.

I am so jealous dude! You should pick up a Kanger Protank (either 1 or 2) to use with your MVP too. While I like Vivi Novas, the Protank is a solid clearomizer and it is really easy to change out the heads when it starts to not produce much vapor.

sohc1996

Sep 8, 2013
USA
Thanks for the responses!

I didn't realize the iclear 30 was a dual coil clearomizer. It does produce more vapor then the Vivi Nova, which I like, but overall I think the flavor is about the same between the two. I haven't used them enough to draw a conclusion over preference yet. I'm sure I'll be purchasing some others to compare.

The shop I bought it from is actually about a 40 minute drive in a smaller town. We don't have any places locally that offer much e-cig stuff besides a shop at the mall and the stuff they sell at gas stations. This shop is great! I wish they would put a location in my town because I know for sure they would put the mall store out of business. I can't bash the place too much because they did get me off analogs but their stuff is way over priced. It's Tececig if you're curious.

Thanks for the responses so far. Any other tips or suggestions on the MVP 2.0 or tanks/clearmoizers?

I just got my mvp2 in the mail yesterday. I looove it it works great!! I use the protank2 and mini protank2 with it and it seems to work great. I have an evod and t3s ive used a few times with it as well and they also work fantastic. Tonight i just filled up one of the iclear 16's that came with mine and in couple hours id smoked up lil over half the tank. unreal! iclear 16 has dual coil as well which from what i read above is the problem. I doubt i'll fill it again. I'll probably pick up another evod to use with it. I just cant have enough tanks for all my fav flavors lol.

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
Welcome! I've been using the Protank 2 on my MVP v2 that I picked up yesterday. It has a nice tight draw with the beauty ring that comes with the MVP v2. If you like a easier draw the Kanger beauty ring loosens it up nicely. The Protank 2 doesn't come with the beauty ring and needs to be purchased seperatly.
The ViVi nova gives a warmer vape because it is a top coil where the Protank 2 is bottom.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Anything that is Ego or 510 threaded will work fine on your MVP.

Anything dual coil / multiple wick will use more juice than a single coil/wick, and give you more vapor. The price of vapor is juice.

I like the T3 (Kanger) myself, for it's capacity and being bottom coil - usually a cooler vape than the top coil units. That's a personal preference. I recommend trying both top (your current IClear is a top coil) and a bottom coil, like the T3, Evod, and many others. Decide which you prefer, and go with that style.

With any topper (juice holder / coil device), start with your MVP set to a low voltage or watt setting. Vape. Turn it up a little and vape. Repeat the process until it starts to taste bad / burned or otherwise unsatisfactory, then undo the last adjustment. Now the battery is "tuned" to give you the vape you like. (But be aware that a different juice may be best with a different setting.)

Many find the VW mode more convenient. Once you find the setting you like, any resistance change in your topper is automatically compensated for, so you don't need to do anything.

I also suggest you NOT use the beauty ring, except maybe as a base for a carto tank. Ego threaded devices may bind inside it, and cause problems. Toppers like the ProTank come with a flared ring for support, and work well.

sohc1996

Sep 8, 2013
USA
I haven't ha an issue with the ring on these two tanks but I will take note of that a I try different tanks. Thank you for the heads up.

The settings on the MVP are something I'm still becoming familiar with. I've noticed that some liquids develop the burnt taste at a lower setting then others. Also, some produce a slightly different, usually stronger flavor, at high settings yet don't taste burnt. Being able to adjust the power level is a nice feature. My other kit didn't have that ability.

Do you guys have a favorite website/vendor to purchase supplies from? I order liquid from Healthcabin for the first time this week and they have a good selection of item. I was wondering if there were any other sites that are favorites among member's?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Discount Vapors ( DiscountVapers - Your source for savings on electronic cigarettes and accessories, Go-go eGo, vGo ) is fast and reliable. GotVapes, MadVapes... I'm sure others will chime in as well :vapor:

HealthCabin is, of course, in China. Fasttech is another China source that lots like.

Quite so. Being able to adjust the power - either via watts or variable voltage - lets you take full advantage of your topper and your juice. Different juices - flavors, PG/VG ratio - do change taste at different power settings. Certainly not a one size fits all - and that's great! The trick / goal is to find the right power for each juice, to get the best vape possible. Having at least VV lets you do that. VW, while often touted as "set and forget" may actually benefit from adjusting as well, for different flavors and toppers.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I love the MVP and darn near bought one until I found out it did not have an Ohm meter. Love the battery life and charging, the feel and heft, and now they went and fixed it. I will be adding this to the collection, though I have a couple of things ahead of it first. Congrats on your purchase. If there are not durability or build quality issues (I'm waiting to see), they count me on the team. With 510 and ego threading, it should work with most everything out there. I currently think the PTII is the best clearo on the market, imho, right now. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread