My first starter kit. Do you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted earlier thread looking for suggestions. Decided I'll spend too much analyzing why one is better or worse than another. Will probably go nuts.

Are these better or worse than most starter kits? If you know of better starter kit, please provide a link to the page.

If I purchase 1st item below from fasttech fro $20.00, what other components do I need with it? Or, is everything included, except, E-Liquid, for me to start vaping out of the box? Is that a cartomizer with it? Please provide links if I need other componets for the 1st item. Or, should I avoid the fast tech item? If so, please explain why?

$20.04 EGO-EVOD 6-in-1 Rechargeable 900mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - double e-cigarette / black / 2.6

DV eGo-T Starter Kit - 900mah

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

DV eGo-T Starter Kit - 1100mah

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The fixed eGo has the smallest voltage battery on the market. Plus it has the weakest amp switch on the market, also, which limits what you can use on it. I would consider a VV or VW (preferably VW) battery set-up. For around the same money, you get a much better set-up and can adjust the warmth of your vapor. A Vamo or Zmax are good models. If you want something a little smaller, more like an eGo, then I would look at the iTaste V3.

iTaste VV V3.0 Express Kit - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin

mywindow

May 21, 2013
Denver, CO, USA
I quit smoking with an e-go 900 and CE4 so, I'm a little partial to the e-go's. :) That said I now use the e-go mini 450mAH with a Kanger T3 Mini or Vision Nano Clearomizer because the e-go 900mAh was too long for my pocket. While I'm at home I do enjoy the Innokin Itaste MVP with a Kanger Pro-Tank and my mom loves her Innokin Itaste VV.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Mmmm, the first pick is a decent price. However, in all honesty knowing what I know now, my first starter kit would be the 2nd, with 2 of the Vision Spinner 1300mah bases, 1 Bottom Coil clearo T3/MT3/Evod, and one top coil the iClear16. Variable voltage right from the start to learn where to dial your vape temp to taste per what liquid you use, then with a bottom and top coil you learn what coil type you like, cooler bottom coil, or warmer top coil and can plan future purchases for replacements from there. IE like the bottom coil get some spare coil heads, couple more spare tanks, and such, or similar attachments, like the iClear a similar attachment would be the very tired and true Vivi Nova which comes in various sizes, but both are rebuildable or have replaceable heads. 1300mah, these batteries will last you between 1 to 1 1/2 days between recharges depending on your vape pace, but general rule 100mah = 1 hour use, 1300mah is about 10-13hours usage before needing recharge at lowest setting, and the Visions can go higher voltage than the Joye Ego Twists. Not a bad price at $70 USD for the whole kit with 1300mah VV batts. JMO though.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
True, but in the end it is your hard earned cash you decide to spend on what. Just my advice trying to guide you to the best entry and experience I am seeing listed is all ;). Any basic Ego style starter kit is worlds better than any convenience store bought cig-alike and pretty universal connection wise. The second choice just has more options of taste, throat hit, vapor production experience, Variable Voltage, and option to go 2 different types of coils positions. Vaping is all subjective to the user, from temperature vaped at (achieved by coil resistance and either voltage or wattage set at), to coil placement, types of attachements, to types and flavors of liquids the individual vapes with, the VV kit has these options the others don't, and the option for longest battery life bases, each item sepperate the kit put together is a steal in price added up =)

Your first pick. The ego kit is great. You'll get it much quicker too. Welcome to the forum. That's not a bad price for a state side vendor.

How can you tell that the first vendor is in the states? I looked for their contact info and their corporate address is in Hong Kong, but I couldn't find anything about them shipping from within the states.

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
I just bought my first eGo setup today. I didn't go for a kit, because I couldn't find exactly what I decided I wanted in a kit. Here's what I posted earlier.

This is my third post in 2 days. I finally made the decision on what to order, and this is what I got:

2x Vision Spinner 400mAh batteries
2x CEX 1.8ohm Clearos
5x CEX replacement coils
1 charger
1 case

I ordered this stuff from goodejuice.com. I was a LITTLE more money than the kits I saw, but I got what I wanted. They also had it shipped in less than an hour. I'm not a shill for them, but I was impressed with their response time.

I got the 400mAh Vision Spinners, because I didn't want a huge battery. I may get something a little bigger in the future. We'll see. I ordered replacement coils for my clearomizers, so whatever you end up ordering, I suggest you get coil replacements, or atomizer replacements.

Perrrrito

Jun 30, 2013
'merica
This whole site is a little overwhelming. Is there a forum for completely new "vapers?"

I'm really new too. I've been lurking for a little bit and learning. One thing I've noticed with other newcomers is that no question is a stupid question and this community is extremely helpful and active. So ask away and I'm sure you'll get the right answers. I'm sure somebody could point you in the right direction for an explain like I'm 5 style answer or guide. But keep reading and keep learning. :)

Perrrrito

Jun 30, 2013
'merica
I ordered this stuff from goodejuice.com. I was a LITTLE more money than the kits I saw, but I got what I wanted. They also had it shipped in less than an hour. I'm not a shill for them, but I was impressed with their response time.

Some times it's nice to pay a little extra and get the quick service and response. Convenience isn't free. Look forward to hearing more about the setup when you get it

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
while fasttech has awesome prices keep in mind that this is something extremely personal....something that you will hopefully be using for a long time...so making it your own...
I spent a bit extra to get my battery and then bought the pieces from fasttech for cheap...

I went with an ego spinner 1300 :) and of course finally found it in orange so i'm happy....if vv is what you are looking for (which is what most suggested I get for my first battery and they suggested the spinner as it's a bit easier to read than the twist) AltSmoke has some nice color choices and has them in the 1300mAh (the higher the mAh the longer before recharging) and only $24.
AltSmoke.com - eGo Spinner Variable Voltage Battery
Then you can order the charger and other accessories from fasttech for dirt cheap to customize your own kit to suit your personality.

it is sometimes hard to see past the deals :) and that's where I was at first to until I took a step back before jumping the gun and reminded myself that I want this to be my first and hopefully last purchase for a while...I will be using this daily...so what do I want this to say about me lmfao
and of course anyone knowing me knows I love orange so that makes it easier to start talking about vaping to peers when they realise that they can make it their own style...esp when you're lugging around an ego as opposed to the cig-a-likes that most people are used to seeing.

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
with different juices and even different...um..delivery systems things can taste different so having the variable voltage (vv) is nice
I'm still getting used to it myself but have noticed it is very handy to have...so when using my evod on my spinner i dial up the voltage a bit when using cartomizers i dial it down a bit...when vaping banana flavor i dial to a medium voltage, when vaping clove sometimes I go low to get good flavor but sometimes gives that perfume taste so dial it high and sometimes it helps eliminate that taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread