My Little Story. Ecigs saving me

Status
Not open for further replies.

bereal

Jan 9, 2010
NW Indiana
Well some of us are born with the addictive personality,or maybe an addiction gene and I fall into that category for sure! I've been smoking since i was 15 years old and back then it was to be "cool". Anxiety disorders run in my family along with this addictive personality so we have all used it as a crutch our whole lives. I tried quitting one time over the past 20 years to no avail . I lasted about 3 months and one stressful event had me smoking again, not only that i smoked even more than ever. So quitting worked against me. With my allergies and slight asthma I have had doctors telling me to quit smoking since i was 18 years old but I just accepted that i was a smoker for life. I was a better person to be around when i smoked, And i figured Nicotine addiction was a lot better than some of the other addictions out there.
A couple months ago I took the plunge after being sickly for a month straight and bought an ecig starter kit. I had a sinus infection, then a respiratory infection. And have had bronchitis and pneumonia in years past.
I figured the ecig would help me cut back and save my health a bit, and some money also. I had no intention of just quitting regular cigs. I had a half pack of smokes when the kit arrived and have not bought a pack since. Its been nearly 3 months and i have an occasional smoke at my dads house , maybe once a week!
So far Ecigs have been good for me, hopefully i can get the rest of the family and friends vapeing too!:thumbs:

Brad

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Way to go. I agree with you and I wasn't sure it would work at first. This is the only time I have been able to go more than 3 days without a regular cig in 25 years (quit for a few months that time) I think if I can stick it out for another 3 or 4 weeks, I will feel like I am truly smoke free.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread