My Romisen Cree RC-A8 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp808

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Outer Richmond, Frisco, CA
Small and neat :)

You could consider a switch with LED built in to the button; they do exist.

I've been looking, I havent found anything small though. You?

Also, we should sticky any of these mod threads that a)have detailed, step-by-step instructions with photos or video, and b)all the parts needed are easily obtained/ordered with links. I think if these criteria are met, we should sticky them. All in favor?

Last edited:

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
yes agreed , ive asked for a sticky thread "gallery" a few times now
just a thread with mods by modders and not filled with chit chat
posts in the rest of the modders forum can be done for that
the gallery thread would have to be monitored to remove chat posts though to keep it neat
it would be good for someone to get straight to a thread showing all the different mods that have been done by people here , so many good ideas/designs and info on what can be used and how to do it

smokey joe ? hello , i know youre busy :)

opusMorian

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Houston, TX
I've been looking, I havent found anything small though. You?

Also, we should sticky any of these mod threads that a)have detailed, step-by-step instructions with photos or video, and b)all the parts needed are easily obtained/ordered with links. I think if these criteria are met, we should sticky them. All in favor?

Sounds good.

nash076

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Where can I get DIY 901 connector.I have rest of the parts and body cut,but don't want to ruin new batt. but I will.Also any way to get switch more compatable with spring from factory switch.

Dunno about the switch, but you can get a DIY 901 connector from Radio Shack for about $3-$3.50. It's called an N Coaxial DC Jack; there are two kinds, but the one you want will look more or less like a 901 connection.. Just keep in mind you'll have to run a solder jump from the ground terminal to the sleeve of the jack in order to have continuity to the atomizer . . . but that can be done easily with either a bit of solder, or a small piece of wire soldered in place.

Also note that the jack has a number of holes in it by design. Some people might like the easier draw this provides, but I personally didn't. I used one of these to build my USB passthrough, and I sealed all the holes (including the one at the end of the center pole connector on the bottom of the jack, don't forget that one) with some hot glue. It vapes well and it has a pull on it more or less identical to being hooked into a regular 901 battery.

Nash

Nata$

Apr 23, 2009
Tampa, FL

Attachments

• pRS1C-2264803w345.jpg
    pRS1C-2264803w345.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 129

nash076

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Is this the jack?

The very one. I've got it in my homebrew USB passthrough, and it works perfectly. Just seal up the switch holes and the bottom of the center pin, and as always don't screw your atomizer on overly tight, and Bob's your uncle.

Also want to make mention that I didn't discover this . . . many other talented and kind people on the modder's forum did. Go look at the sticky post in the Battery Modders forum for more details.

Nash

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread