My Romisen Cree RC-A8 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got the flashlights and batteries in today. Looking at it I'd really like to put the switch on the side... please if anyone has any other instructions on this flashlight mod and putting the switch on the side that would be great. More pictures of the actual process or a video would still be better for me if anyone has done this or could do this, I'd even send you 5 dollars in paypal.

its actually really easy// drill hole in side and put switch in solder the wire coming from board on flashlight +side to one side of switch, other side ti center of your battery connector that goes to atomizer,, thats it that easy good luck..

but how do you hook up the negative to the switch, or does the atty get the negative from the case of the flashlight? Kind of confused, sure once it's explained a little better I'll feel dumb for asking.

You were right dedmon, it's not the switch. With the original switch in place, with the case tightened all the way up, the negative end of the battery bottoms out against the metal that the spring sits on. This causes the switch to be bypassed.

I added a plastic spacer at the bottom of the case, so that the botom of the battery only touches the spring and the plastic, not the other metal parts. This works, and the switch is effective again, but I still can't tighten the case up all the way.

Oh well, it works, and came out ok for my first try.

Thanks for the help and thank again Ripley for the great instructions!

My main switch is like that to on both of mine that I got in, I didn't have to unscrew any threads, just slightly unscrew it so it still looked sealed but it was slightly looser, if you get what I'm saying. Might put a rubber gasket there or something so I can tighten it down. I plan on using the main switch to power it on or off and have a switch on the side like yours for vaping purposes. I was wondering what kind of switch is that? Can I find it at a local Radio Shack or Home Depot, or Lowe's even?

well the momentary push button switch (SPST - Mini) from RadioShack that I bought is too big to fit in the neck of the mod, so I have to go out and buy a different switch (I hate the switch on the end, it's uncomfortable). And on top of that the nuts I bought were the wrong thing, 10-32 5/16" Tee Nuts... I didn't see any nuts that were push nuts so I went with what might possibly work and that didn't work... Buying the wrong things during the only chance you have to get away from home for the day is a crappy situation.

well I bought a few nuts and the pushnuts definitely don't seem like they're going to work, did you have to glue them on or something? Ended up with a different Tee Nut that looks like it's going to fit with a little tap of a hammer. Wish I had a drill and a drill bit so I could do all of this right now.

8mm flange nut, file off a tiny bit if the six edges on the nut just enuf for tight fit.. you will need to drill it to fit your battery adapter,, start small again.. you want a tight fit,,

awesome thank you very much I was about to just use a piece of metal and solder it to the ends and do it that way.... thanks again!

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I am no DIY. I own a mod that uses 16340 and it is great vapor and hit for the first day. The problem I have found is only getting 1-2 full charges, then nothing. They show charged, but no longer work in my mod. It is very frustrating and I have ordered 4 more in hopes the first were a bad batch. Please let me know what results you come up with concerning the batteries. Thanks

I found that at work we had a 5/16" flange nut, that fit PERFECTLY in the end for the battery connector. The first one I grabbed and brought home, grabbed the drill and the biggest bit I had, wasn't nearly big enough so I figured I could just ream it to get it the right size, so I did that pretty much until the battery died. Went to see where I was on the hole to the battery connector and I needed the hole to still be much bigger. So when the battery charged I grabbed my chainsaw file and put it in the drill and tried that, still not big enough. I did this process a couple more times and just barely got it to fit by putting a dead atty on the connector and smashing it on with a hammer, looked horrible this way, all chewed up and beat up, but it worked. Today I redid it with a new nut and a new connector and a proper drill bit that work also had, along with a vice which I also don't have.

I drilled the hole for the switch, had to make it surprisingly almost as big as the lock washer the switch came with to allow me room to get in that small space. It's looking put together pretty well know, you'd never know of the issues I went through.

So here you have it

Using TrustFire16340 (is there a different battery that you could use in this to? or is this it?)
510 atty
SPST momentary Submini Pushbutton Switch from the local radio shack
Left the switch that was on it and use it as the main on off switch

Tools I have at home
A pair of dikes (thats what we call 'em at work, cutters, or whatever)
Needle Nose Pliers
Drill and bits that are not correct sizes
Wood burner I use as a soldering gun
Lead free solder that I got from work

It was a fun project and so far, well worth it. Don't know how many mods I will make with my lack of funds and tools. This might be all I need. Great mod and would have been easy instructions if I wasn't so damn impatient.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am no DIY. I own a mod that uses 16340 and it is great vapor and hit for the first day. The problem I have found is only getting 1-2 full charges, then nothing. They show charged, but no longer work in my mod. It is very frustrating and I have ordered 4 more in hopes the first were a bad batch. Please let me know what results you come up with concerning the batteries. Thanks

Will do. I am using 2 batteries as of now that I'm going back and forth with. I did one use of one battery, it didn't stop working just got low in performance so I put it on the charger took the other battery and did the same with it, both charged fully. Now I'm on my first battery after the first charge. Oh I didn't charge them when I got them, just used whatever juice they had in them when I got 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread