My Simple Cart Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
Not working for me on my 901. Flooding the atty and giving me a mouthful everytime. I fluffed up the wadding and it still gives me a mouthful. I seen someone else tried a 901. How did you get it to work with a 901. If you cut off 3/4, you only have about a 1/4 inch left. I tired cutiing the wadding in half and it still gave me a mouthful.

Any suggestions?

Mia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
California
"Here's what I do that works like a charm (for me). Pull out the cart filler and cut about 3/4 of the length off of it. You should be left with a piece that is about a half inch long. "

I cut mine to just under half inch. Cutting 3/4 of it would leave it 1/4 inch long.

It's working fine so far on a 510. I'll have to see how long it lasts.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Couple notes to go with my original post...

Since posting this I have taken out one of my newer carts that came from china a couple months ago. The filling in these carts is way too loose to do this technique with. The filler is not the same as the stuff that used to come in carts. This stuff has kind of a vertical layering to it. I could tell as soon as I pulled it out that it wasn't going to work. I tried it anyway and it didn't work. It's just so loose that the juice runs through it.
If your carts have this type of filler, you are probably going to have leakage/flooding issues. The method requires the filler cap to be somewhat dense (like the filler that used to come in carts or the Walmart polyfill stuff). Normally (if the filler actually fills the cart) you would want loose material (like blue foam, aquaclear filter, etc). In this case you want dense. Because the juice is free to slosh around under the filler cap, it will still keep the filler cap wet even though it is dense.

The other thing to watch is that the poly fits the shape of the cart opening snugly. If there are any holes or gaps around the edge, air will get in, juice will get out.

One other thing... when I 'top off' (it's not really a top-off because the cart is dry when I do it), I pop the cap out fill the cart with juice to just below the rim and then replace the cap. Because the cap material is densely packed, the juice will not run through it if you just drip on top (that's the same reason it doesn't run out when it's full).

Also someone asked what keeps it in contact with the bridge. The answer is nothing. The filler should be flush with the top of the cart when you put it on the atty. The bridge will then push it to where it needs to be, and it will just stay there.

I will try to get some pics later to show what it should look like.

plyallstar

Jan 24, 2010
USA
I have a quick question and maybe you can help me out. I'm having a problem with getting liquid in my mouth when I'm pulling on my 510. It doesn't happen always, but from time to time when i'm using my 510 i hear a bubbling sound when im pulling on it. This usually follows with some liquid flowing out of the little tip on the cart and into my mouth. At first i thought it might have been the blue foam mod i was using. So i filled a new empty cart that had new polyfil in it. After refilling the cart 1 or 2 times i have the same issue with it. Any suggestions to why i might be having e juice spill from the tip of the cart?

justsomeguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
Texas
Highping - total noob here and this works like a charm for me.
Thanks so much for the clear explanation!

I have to say, I don't know what is more addictive... cigarettes or playing around with PVs. About 4 days into this and I already ordered another PV (Tornado should be here tomorrow) and I'm already working on cart mods.

:)

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
plyallstar - sounds like one of two things (or both): a) puttin' too much liquid in the cart
b) pullin' too hard. Long, light pulls is the way to go and if you see the liquid pool at the top, use a paper towel or some such to soak up the excess. Also, your 510 cart has a little cap right where your lips sit...try popping that sucker off and cleaning up any excess down there too. Hope this helps, and if you know/done all that - sorry! Happy vaping!

plyallstar

Jan 24, 2010
USA
thanks for the tip, I have noticed that if i pull lightly on the e cig it helps prevent most of the e liquid from spilling into my mouth. Though I'm still getting a little spill from time to time. At first i thought it might be because i was reusing the same cart too many times, but even with a brand new cart and new polyfil filling i seem to have the same problem sometimes.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Great thread OP, thanks! I did this but I used fluval, and its AMAZING!

Vaped for a LONG time this morning, when I tasted the burnt stuff, I pulled out the filler and sure enough, I vaped it DRY!

Jim

How tight are you packing the fluval? Are you using a length of 1/2 inch?

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Here are some pics of mine. Sorry about the phone-cam quality. Also, my filler really isn't that brown and burnt looking; I think it is a color thing with my cam.

Pic showing the plug size and shape relative to the cart. Also the line that I fill the cart to with the juice.
pic1bz.jpg

Pic showing what the plug looks like going into the cart. Notice that the bottom is 'pointed' a little. Just kinda ends up that way after 'spreading' the top of it a few times. I spread out the top so it makes a good seal around the cart.
pic2ee.jpg

Pic showing the filler before it is inserted into the atty. Flush with top of cart.
pic3gy.jpg

Pic after the cart has been put on the atty and allowed the bridge to push the filler to the 'right' spot.
pic4ae.jpg

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Lark, I do it exactly how Ping just showed. It works wonders! Though I just semi flooded my atty with a fresh cart fill :)

Thanks, the reason I asked is earlier today I used the fluval with a length of 1/2 inch. I packed it fairly tight on the width to avoid leakage. It worked fairly good but this is the problem ...

With the fluval packed tight on the width (to minimize leakage) you only get 1 or 2 good draws then you have to rest the pv to allow more juice to get to the section of the filler that engages the atty bridge.

I guess I need to adjust the width of the filler but by doing this I suspect that leakage will become a major issue.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
If it's not wicking, try taking a little off the length, or making it less dense. Try a little at a time, and you shouldn't cross the line into leakage territory.

Once you get the plug right, you can reuse it indefinitely. I've been using the same little plug for a couple months (at least), and about all I do to it is dab it dry occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread