Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimmy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
Gainesville, GA USA
OK, Here is my take on the Darwin.

It is a very well thought out design and handy to hold. I love the LCD screen with all the information on it at all times. no pushing buttons. The battery life is outstanding for me anyway. I got it Thursday and plugged it in to get a full charge and just left it till Friday morning at 6am. I used it till it ran out of charge but to my surprise it was at 3pm Friday that is 30 hours minus the 6 hours sleep so that was 24 hours continuous usage (not to shabby) and only took 1.5 hours to recharge. The larger # on the screen I thought was the wattage (it is not) the best thing I can come up with is that it is just a reference # for you to gauge for your own use. but the ohm, voltage and amperage is a big plus. also don't forget the battery life indicator. You can use the Darwin while charging, making it a passthrough as well.

I really like this device a lot.

Now for a negative (if you can call it that) I think the workman ship is a bit shotty on it. It seems to be built tough but there is a spot on the champher that goes around the outside of the device and when it comes around to the button and adjustment wheel it is a bit deep and makes it looked cracked and when the button is pressed and the light goes on it shines through the two cracks. Keep in mind that I am a retired tool-maker so it may just be me needing something that is machined to be perfect but that is something that should have been picked up in quality inspection for sure. there is NO excuse to let something go through a quality inspection like this. I am very dissapointed in evolv and nhaler for letting this happen. and that I called nhaler and they said that I have to send it back to evolv not nhaler. that is just not right. Nhaler should honor the warranty and just replace it. Now if I was to send it back I would have to wait till the next shipment of Darwins and that could be 2 or 3 weeks.
If I loved this device and couldn't live without it that would be a problem.

Kevin

P.S.
Since I wrote this. Evolv has totally stepped up to the plate and is going to ship me a new one and then when I get it I can ship the old one back. how cool is that?

Last edited:

Crimmy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
Gainesville, GA USA
Well I just love the VV a lot. that is the handiest thing about the Darwin. just dial in the flavor of any atomizer or juice. I can go to all of my so called lost cause atomizers and bring back some life to them. and I have a ton of those. lol

Don't get me wrong, I love this device. I just wish that Nhaler would take it a bit more serious that I am not happy. it was like well thats not a big deal. Although it may not affect the way the Darwin performs cosmetic look to me is very important.

I do have a guy coming over to my house this afternoon with his brand new provari and we are going to compare them side by side and I may even trade him for a week or so to write a review on that one as well. then I can make an informed decision on what one is better.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Well, even with the reviews, it is still difficult to pick through the new stuff. When the vapor fire spreads more, you might be able to just go in public and try theirs, that would definately rock. Anyone else wonder how much people get paid to do "unpaid reviews"?

I don't know if they get paid...but they get all the PV's and free juice they want.
Grimm Green and DonDaBoom are total freebie whores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread