Need help with battery for ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysty2008

Aug 4, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I need some help with battery for my e-cig. When i bought my e-cig the battery came with a removable aa type rechargable battery which is a chin knock off. I am after someone to advise me of which battery is good to use and some advice on where to buy as i have read about issues with regards using cheap knock off batteries and want to avoid buying a fake. Thanks

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
What kind of e-cig? What size batteries? What type of tank or device with the ohm of your coil? The answers to these questions will help narrow done what you need.

Batteries are usually labeled with the size. Common sizes are 18650, 18500, 18350, 14500, etc. The first 2 numbers are the diameter in millimeters...the last 3 are the length. All are some form of lithium battery.

14500 is about the size of an AA battery but there are not many e-cigs that use this size.

Most basic setups will use an IMR battery which are available almost anywhere ecig supplies are sold.

Mysty2008

Aug 4, 2014
United Kingdom
The battery housing is metal not branded or arked with anything but the type of tanks i use are protank 3 and kanger evods. I run 2.4ohm coils the battery that came in batter housing has KW LIR 14500 900mah 3.7v and blue plastic coating its a very cheap battery exactly like those on china ecig supplier sites. As im not very clued up on vaping and previously used just a bog standard ego battery set, i know nothing about removable battery type ecigs. Sorry hope what i have said makes sense.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
OK, almost any IMR 14500 battery will work fine on that. Stay away from anything with "fire" in the name like "trustfire" "ultrafire" etc,

BTW, I believe 99.9% of all lithium batteries are made in China.

Good brands are Efest and AW. Here are a couple of sites.

AW IMR High Drain 14500 Battery

Efest IMR14500 700mah - button top - 101 Vape

Not sure if these come in both flat top and button top so make sure you buy the same as what you already have.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You want to buy only IMR type batteries. They come in varying lengths and diameters, so you need to find out what size your battery device uses. There should be some type of identification on your battery?

To keep things as simple as possible, I'll recommend a particular and popular brand: AW IMR. These come wrapped in a red label and will have a holographic sticker with AW on it.

AW_IMR_lineup.jpg AW IMR 18650.jpg

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

I'm not familiar with where you can buy mod batteries from in the UK. Perhaps someone from your neck of the woods can recommend a vendor for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread