Need help with DIYing from experts (looking for recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizoDent

Oct 5, 2015
Sudan
@BizoDent - First of all...I'm no "expert" at DIY. However, I do have some recipes I've made for the last 5 years, for myself and others I make DIY for, using some of the flavorings you have. When I've posted the one below on ECF in the past...others have made it and liked it, too. I know you said Strawberry Ripe has given you a bad taste in the past, but that may have been as a single flavoring. This combination of flavorings will likely have a pleasant result. At least I've never had anyone say otherwise who has tried it.

NannerBerry

TFA Strawberry Ripe - 9%
TFA Banana Cream - 6%
TFA Cotton Candy - 2% (your ethyl maltol 10% = same thing)

**If you've been off the smokes for awhile and your taste buds have started working better...you may want to cut each % in 1/2 and try that instead. You can always add more flavoring, but you sure can't remove it once a mix is made. :)

This looks yummy. Thank you
Yes I was using the ripe strawberry as single flavor and maybe thats why it didnt work
I will try this mix immediately
does it need steeping?

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My #1 favorite that I've been vaping for years uses stuff from your list

Creme De Menthe 6%
Sweet Cream 2%
Graham Cracker 2%

I'm going to give that 1 a try. It looks good, and it'll help me use some of my TFA Creme de Menthe. :thumbs:

I've had a 4oz. bottle of it for almost 5 years now...and it's still about 1/2 full, even after giving some away a few times. I use it to make an Andes Candies sort of mint chocolate vape. To me, the Creme de Menthe is very strong though, so I use only 1% in my candy recipe. Even at that, it's still potent enough for me. An ECF friend I've taught how to DIY makes it, too. Will share your recipe with her, too. :)

Reactions: englishmick

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I'm going to give that 1 a try. It looks good, and it'll help me use some of my TFA Creme de Menthe. :thumbs:

I've had a 4oz. bottle of it for almost 5 years now...and it's still about 1/2 full, even after giving some away a few times. I use it to make an Andes Candies sort of mint chocolate vape. To me, the Creme de Menthe is very strong though, so I use only 1% in my candy recipe. Even at that, it's still potent enough for me. An ECF friend I've taught how to DIY makes it, too. Will share your recipe with her, too. :)

I do like quite strong juices. My percentages might need some reducing for taste. I find the Creme De Menthe good for shocking the taste buds back to life if I get burned out on flavors. It's the one juice I can always taste.

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
This looks yummy. Thank you
Yes I was using the ripe strawberry as single flavor and maybe thats why it didnt work
I will try this mix immediately
does it need steeping?

Yep, I thought you might have used it singly. Using only a single, primary flavoring (especially a fruity one) to make an eliquid, doesn't usually work out well, IMO. It's like trying to make a pizza...with only the dough...no tomato sauce, no cheese, no pepperoni or sausage, etc.!

Most eliquids are made with a primary flavoring or 2, a "blender" flavoring or 2, and many times..a flavoring or 2 that are additives.
You can usually look at any eliquid recipe and tell which flavoring(s) is/are used as each of those types.

I hope the NannerBerry works out well for you.

As far as steeping needed...nope, I shake it and vape it. Most people who make it do the same. But, you may like it even better after 2-3 days. Everyone's tastes are different. :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I do like quite strong juices. My percentages might need some reducing for taste.I find the Creme De Menthe good for shocking the taste buds back to life if I get burned out on flavors. It's the one juice I can always taste.

I'll have to remember that if/when I maybe get vaper's tongue. Otherwise...I think 6% would give me a head rush, put hair on my chest, and make the hair on my head stand up. :D

BizoDent

Oct 5, 2015
Sudan
Yep, I thought you might have used it singly. Using only a single, primary flavoring (especially a fruity one) to make an eliquid, doesn't usually work out well, IMO. It's like trying to make a pizza...with only the dough...no tomato sauce, no cheese, no pepperoni or sausage, etc.!

Most eliquids are made with a primary flavoring or 2, a "blender" flavoring or 2, and many times..a flavoring or 2 that are additives.
You can usually look at any eliquid recipe and tell which flavoring(s) is/are used as each of those types.

I hope the NannerBerry works out well for you.

As far as steeping needed...nope, I shake it and vape it. Most people who make it do the same. But, you may like it even better after 2-3 days. Everyone's tastes are different. :)

I tried the NannerBerry and I really liked it, thanks for that
But I think I need to increase the total flavor percentage. I think it is either because I use MTL or my nicotine is cutting down on flavor

On the other hand there is another recipe that I have found in the forum and I really liked it
Lemon sicily 5%
Fa cookie 3%
Fa Vienna cream 2% (I substituted with Bavarian cream 4%)
Sweeter .5%

Next batch will try the creme de menthe recipe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread