Need suggestion for my next mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Frederick, MD
I'm looking for suggestions on my next mod. So far I have an eGo Twist and an eVic that I am very unhappy with. My eVic just doesn't have the power I am looking for and it also randomly cuts off for no reason. Sometimes in the middle of a puff. I have checked all of the settings and it doesn't have anything to do with the settings. Anyway, this is about my next mod. So far I have been looking at 3 choices and am having a hard time deciding between them. In no particular order:

1. Tesla
  2. Vamo V3
  3. Lavatube
** iTaste SVD**

My local vape shop sells the first 3 but not the iTaste. I know I can get better prices online but I really want to support my local shop because they are the reason I am off of analogs. They are great people and want to support them as much as I can. If anyone has any suggestions that aren't on the list feel free to recommend them as well. As far as the three I have listed, I don't really notice much differences in features, but I could be wrong. Is any of them better than the other? Thanks!

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I think all of the devices that you mentioned are good in their own way. I think the Tesla is kinda ugly, but I mean they are all just big anyway.

I would look around to see what prices are online and then buy the one at the B&M that is not too much above what online vendors are selling. When I got my Vamo V3, it was DOA. I had to send it back to the vendor and wait for them to send me a new one. It sucked!

Greg Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Frederick, MD
I think all of the devices that you mentioned are good in their own way. I think the Tesla is kinda ugly, but I mean they are all just big anyway.

I would look around to see what prices are online and then buy the one at the B&M that is not too much above what online vendors are selling. When I got my Vamo V3, it was DOA. I had to send it back to the vendor and wait for them to send me a new one. It sucked!

I am finding that it's really hard for anyone to compete with FastTech as far as price goes. I can get the iTaste SVD for $37 or the kit for $60 on FastTech and most vendors are selling it for almost $100. The Vamo kits on FastTech are $50 and most vendors have it for around $80. Obviously, the customer service and support at FastTech is not going to compare to a B&M store but is there anything else I should be aware of?

I have watched too many reviews to count on YouTube and out of the ones mentioned, the SVD seems to be the most liked. From what I have seen though the only real complaint is that the buttons are backwards and the screen is upside down if you hold it in your right hand. Being that I am OCD, I think that may be enough to drive me crazy!

I think I may just take the plunge and get the Vamo from my B&M to support their business. The other good thing is I won't have to wait for shipping and run the risk of throwing my eVic through the window!!!

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
Also, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Vamo V3 and the Vamo Vivi? I can't seem to find any differences other than the styling. The Vivi looks more like the V2 without the swirls. Are there any other differences that I am missing?

The only things I know of that are different are the swirls. From the reviews I have been seeing it seems there are little more complaints with V3 compared to V2.

Greg Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Frederick, MD
I dont want to be "that guy" but have you looked into the provari at all?
If thats not an option I vote itaste and then vamo.

No I haven't thought about a Provari at this point. My vape budget doesn't allow for that currently, and secondly since I am new to vaping I just want to make sure I am going to stick with it before I spring for something that pricey. I know how I am with some things. I'll be diehard about something and drop a bunch of cash on something and then 2 weeks later it gets old and I'm done with it. I don't believe that is going to be the case with vaping, however I just want to make sure. I'm pretty sure they refer to this as ADHD these days. Lol!

What I am wanting is to have a good vape experience in the sub $100 range and even lower if possible. I picked up my eVic used for $60 and thought I would love it, however that has not been the case. I am chasing intense flavor with good vapor production. I just feel like I can probably get a better vape than what the eVic is giving me at this point. I have tried many different tanks, cartos, atty's on it and while the cartos give a better flavor, it's still not what I am looking for. Also, the cartos I have are around 2.9 Ohms and the eVic struggles to push them with it's max of 5V.

Bkag

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Also, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Vamo V3 and the Vamo Vivi? I can't seem to find any differences other than the styling. The Vivi looks more like the V2 without the swirls. Are there any other differences that I am missing?

The swirls, also the top cap is removable on the v3, the screen is a better oled type and there is no avg mode on the v3 (always in rms no2 mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread