eVic Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Frederick, MD
I would have posted this in the model specific discussion for eVics but I guess because I am a noob here I don't have permissions for that yet. I am also new to vaping and just started last week. Here is the issue I am having with my eVic.

I picked up a SmokeTek dual coil carto at my local shop and when I put it on my eVic it seems to limit it to 8.6W max. The eVic is reading it as a 2.9 Ohm coil which I believe to be correct. I also have a 1.2 drip atty and I can fire it at the eVic's 11W max. Doesn't this seem to be backwards here? I do have a better than basic understanding of electricity and Ohm law etc. I just can't figure out why the eVic will allow me to fire a 1..2 Ohm at whatever wattage I choose while limiting me to 8.6W on the 2.9 Ohm. I have checked all of the settings and I can't find any settings that would be causing this unless I am missing something.

The eVic does a decent job compared to the eGo-Twist that I started on, however I seem limited in what I can use on it. So far the ProTank and T3S and even lower Ohm cartos do fine on it. I feel however, that I could have a much better vape than the eVic can provide at a fraction of the cost. I'm already looking out for my next mod. Any input on my issue or any suggestions for my next mod are greatly appreciated.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
I own an evic I got one when they first came out. Used it for a month before I became too frustrated over it. It's now my temp ohm meter. If your set on sticking w/ VV/VW Vamo V2 is a good bang for buck. Provari if money is not an issue. Its not VW but doesnt need to be.

As for why its allowing 1.2ohm to go to 6v and 11w who knows...

Greg Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Frederick, MD
I own an evic I got one when they first came out. Used it for a month before I became too frustrated over it. It's now my temp ohm meter. If your set on sticking w/ VV/VW Vamo V2 is a good bang for buck. Provari if money is not an issue. Its not VW but doesnt need to be.

As for why its allowing 1.2ohm to go to 6v and 11w who knows...

Right now money is a bit of an issue since business is slow. I have been looking at both the iTaste SVD and the Vamo V3 as far as VV/VW goes. I have also been looking at some of the less expensive mechanical mods out there as well since I want to try RBA's. I was thinking of getting a few things from FastTech until I figure out exactly what I want. I don't feel like there is as much to loose as cheap as their prices are. I know some will not like that, but for someone like me just starting out I want to experience the full spectrum of things to figure out what type of vape I want. I can do that much more affordably through FastTech than almost anywhere else. What I do know is that the eVic just isn't giving me the vape I want.

If it helps, I want a decent amount of vapor with good flavor. I do think a lot of mods look great and I really appreciate the styling and design of them as long as they offer a good vape. The first priority is always the vape. I feel like I need a good vape to keep off of the analogs.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
A good mod will allow you to get good conductivity. A good 18650 will supply the juice for the atomizer. The RBA/RDA with the right coil/wick setup on it will ulitmately in combination with a good battery mod will get you what your looking for.

Plan to spend around 80-100 for all of it. Yes you can go higher in price or lower. If you go lower you will start to see quality issues. If you go higher yes it will be nicer and authentic vs clone but will perform if setup right pretty well. definitely better than your current setup.

Mech's will allow you to run Sub ohm builds as well if you choose to. While mech's are not VV/VW the way you setup your coil(s) will effect your ohms which in effect effect your vape experience along w/ air hole size.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
You are correct, it is limiting it to 5V. But why then will it allow 1.2 Ohm attys to go to the max at 6V and 11W?

With a 1.2 ohm atty it would be 3.64V at 11 watts not 6V.
3.64 X 3.64 = 13.25 (rounded) 13.25 / 1.2 = 11 watts (rounded)
eVic will only go from 3V to 5V with an 11 watt cap

:vapor:

Greg Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Frederick, MD
With a 1.2 ohm atty it would be 3.64V at 11 watts not 6V.
3.64 X 3.64 = 13.25 (rounded) 13.25 / 1.2 = 11 watts (rounded)
eVic will only go from 3V to 5V with an 11 watt cap

Ok, my bad. For some reason I had it in my head that the eVic went to 6V. No wonder it feels like it is underpowered. It just can't drive this 2.9 Ohm dual coil carto because it only goes to 5V. Like I said, I'm new to all of this so I'm still learning.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Ok, my bad. For some reason I had it in my head that the eVic went to 6V. No wonder it feels like it is underpowered. It just can't drive this 2.9 Ohm dual coil carto because it only goes to 5V. Like I said, I'm new to all of this so I'm still learning.

Yea, the eVic would be much better if it went to 6V and 15 watts.
I have an eVic, but it has been a long time since it was used.
Was my first, so can't bring myself to part with it.
My little Zmax which goes to 15 watts took a daily beating till it is scratched all to heck and droped many times and is still going.
I am currently into .6 ohm to .8 ohm vaping so the VV's have been lonely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread