Nemesis clone and kick from Fasttech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I have always decided to not order from fasttech, just because of shipping times, but I did order a u-adapter for an Ego a few weeks ago, and got it alot quicker than expected. Now I am browsing around and found a Nemi clone on there and a kick. Both for about a third of the costs here in Virginia at a local b&m.

This would be my first mech mod and really want the kick for regulating, at least until I learn more about them. I am currently rebuilding with an Igo-L clone an an eVic and wrapping consistantly around 1.1 ohms.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1700803 This is the Nemi clone

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1501000 And this is the kick

I would need an 18500 battery to use the kick right?

Has anyone had any experience with either of these from fasttech? Any experiences or advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I have that particular clone. It's nice. Spend $3 for the 10 pack of magnets, consider the $3 semi-hybrid adapter. Any Nemesis should come with enough tube sections that you can use a kick even with a 18650 battery. That's one of the reasons its a popular design.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I have that particular clone. It's nice. Spend $3 for the 10 pack of magnets, consider the $3 semi-hybrid adapter. Any Nemesis should come with enough tube sections that you can use a kick even with a 18650 battery. That's one of the reasons its a popular design.

Ok, now I need help. :D What are the magnets for and what is the semi hybrid adapter? This is my first mech mod, and I am sure you see why I want the kick first off. I want to be safe while I learn. :D

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
The 10pk magnets will fit the nemesis-they replace the spring in the switch. Some prefer the magnets over the springs--I myself prefer the spring as the magnets are very brittle and break easily. The "hybrid adapter" simply replaces your top cap to make the device 'look' like a hybrid (all one piece). The hybrid adapter can be a PITA if you switch toppers/tanks a lot, otherwise its great. With the nemesis you will be able to use 18350, 18490/500, 18650 with or without a kick.

Here are the magnets I ordered and I can confirm they do fit the nemesis (along with a few other mods)

$2.40 Switch Magnets for Nemesis Mod (10-Pack) 10-pack - 13mm*9mm*1.0mm(OD*ID*Thickness) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
Yes, it's pretty much a cosmetic thing--although it does shave a few millimeters off the height of your mod.

This is the hybrid adapter, it says for kayfun but it will fit any atomizer/nemesis.

$2.36 Connection Parts for Kayfun v3.1 RDA & Nemesis Mod at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Basically it screws onto the bottom of your atomizer, and then threads directly onto your mod (minus top cap) As long as your atomizer is not a bottom fill type of device, i'd say go ahead and get one, especailly at ~$2. I quit using mine because I had to remove it from my kayfun to fill it, making it a PITA sometimes.

xdxa8k.jpg

Here is a nemesis with hybrid adapter, you can see the top cap is missing and it makes the device look more "flush".

null_zps8db9cb28.jpg

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Here's the semi-hybrid connector:
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1666400

Here's some pics of it in use, also shows some of the anodized aluminum tubes that FastTech offers (replacements for the standard ones, just to look nice):
http://www.fasttech.com/forums/1666400/t/1220391/show-your-hybrids

This thread is about a problem the poster has, but it clearly shows how the pieces get used to attach the atomizer directly to the tube of the Nemesis without the top cap.
http://www.fasttech.com/forums/1666400/t/1299690/help-keep-getting-a-hard-short-on-my-nem

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
It looks like it is designed just for a KayFun. Is this not correct?

It should work with any 510 threaded atomizer. If your atomizer gets airflow from the bottom or 510 connection then this MIGHT cause an airflow issue, I cannot speak for that as all my devices have airflow from the side/topcap. Basically its just a piece of brass with a 510 connection in the middle and the outer threads are the same as your nemesis top cap. It is in essence a really low profile top cap.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Ok maybe I need to go back to basics on mech mods and read some more. I am seeing alot about switch throw and everything. Will I need to learn all of that to even use it, or is that just more advanced *if* I want to get deeper into it? I was pretty much thinking that if I order it, put the kick in, and use good batteries, that it would kinda be plug and play until I wanted to venture deeper.

*edit: I am not cloud chasing and trying to sub-ohm, I just want to venture into the next aspect beyond my eVic and see if I like it better.

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
OK, i took these really quick to hopefully help with any confusion of how this hybrid adapter works. Please excuse my crappy cell phone shots.

Parts and pieces (using KFL and Nemesis)
2014-06-19%2012.15.08.jpg

Screw brass hybrid adapter onto atomizer
2014-06-19%2012.15.34.jpg

Screw delrin insulator onto 510 connection
2014-06-19%2012.15.48.jpg

Screw contact pin into delrin insulator (this makes contact with your positive post on your atomizer. There are additional small screws included for variation in battery length)
2014-06-19%2012.16.00.jpg

Attach to mod and....

PROFIT
2014-06-19%2012.16.35.jpg

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Ok maybe I need to go back to basics on mech mods and read some more. I am seeing alot about switch throw and everything. Will I need to learn all of that to even use it, or is that just more advanced *if* I want to get deeper into it? I was pretty much thinking that if I order it, put the kick in, and use good batteries, that it would kinda be plug and play until I wanted to venture deeper.

*edit: I am not cloud chasing and trying to sub-ohm, I just want to venture into the next aspect beyond my eVic and see if I like it better.
If, and this is important, if you're going to be staying at 1.2 ohm and above, then yeah its pretty straightforward.

Make sure you check the resistance of your coils. Use a decent battery, pretty much anything that says IMR will be fine. Stick in the kick, toss on the atty, add a battery and you're good.

My suggestion for magnets is along the lines of your comment about the hybrid adapter, for $3 why not. You can always go back to the spring if you prefer that. I really like the magnets. And if you order when you get the mod you'll have them.

There is a bit of a learning curve. The Nemesis comes with 4 tubes and you use different combinations based on which battery size you're using. The top cap has an adjustment for the depth that the 510 connector of the atomizer goes into the cap or you'll need to assemble the adapter if you go that route. The switch has an adjustment based on the length of the particular battery you use. None of this is complicated, nor difficult to learn. But it is more than an eGo with clearomizer where all you needed to do was charge the battery, fill the clearo, screw them together and go.

Edit: There are tons of threads with titles like "my Nemesis won't fire" or "battery doesn't fit in my Nemesis" and so on. So once you have your new mod, if you have problems just come here and do a quick search. Odds are there's a few threads helping someone else with your exact same issue. So you won't lack for help should you need it. And you'll have a fix almost immediately ;)

Last edited:

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I figured I could always find an answer on here anyways! ;) As for staying above 1 ohm, I'm sure I will venture below it eventually but only after more in depth research. I also have a great b&m in town that has one guy that is as knowledgable as one could ever ask for if I need some hands on help too.

And the kick I linked in the first post is the one that I would need, correct?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So its more or less a cosmetic thing? I am putting a Tobh Atty V2 on it. Hybrid adapter needed ya think? If you have a picture of one, I would love to see it. I can't find it on Slow... I mean.. Fasttech.

No, it is not simply cosmetic.
Hybrid adapter means your tank/topper screws on 22mm diameter and not that little 10mm on a 510 thread; you eliminate a multitude of problems associated with all these big tanks and mod trying to screw together using the cigalike sized 510 thread.

The hybrid size interface is not yet a standard, but so far it looks like the 22mm threading on the top of the nemesis might become a future defacto standard interface between the toppers and the battery holder.

1651001-17.jpg

See the big thread just below the "3D" ? that's 22mm sized threads that screw directly onto the nemesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread